'i Believe In Miracles'

pozbaird

Just watched this film about the Nottingham Forest rise from what was then Division 2 to become double European Cup winners. Can thoroughly recommend it, and I'm sure it will soon be a very reasonably priced DVD. The similarities to our Fergie's Furies period were striking - the era was the same, the 'personality' manager, the second tier unfashionable club, the march to the top tier... OK, they went higher than we did, but would they, had the charismatic Brian Clough left Forest under a cloud?

Anyway, the film is superbly edited and the music is on the money. Best football film I have seen in many a year.

It makes you wonder what Fregie would have achieved if he stayed though he was always going to a club with more resources.

Saying that we did not too bad for ma wee diddy Scottish team. Put up a genuine challenge to the league one season.

Something I'm always proud to say have been to France , Holland , Belgium to watch my team in Europe.

You are right though Nottingham Forest achieved the dream maybe even beyond that. With a couple of Scottish players in the team one being from Paisley and played with St Mirren.

It makes you wonder what Fregie would have achieved if he stayed though he was always going to a club with more resources.

Saying that we did not too bad for ma wee diddy Scottish team. Put up a genuine challenge to the league one season.

Something I'm always proud to say have been to France , Holland , Belgium to watch my team in Europe.

You are right though Nottingham Forest achieved the dream maybe even beyond that. With a couple of Scottish players in the team one being from Paisley and played with St Mirren.

More than a couple

Burns at the heart of his defence

McGovern and Gemmil in the engine room

Robertson pulling the strings and their main playmaker

Frank Gray came in a season later and won an European Cup

Clough always had Scots in his teams

His team at Derby was the same

• 1 month later...