St Mirren V Alloa Athletic 30/1/16

shull

Roll on proposed takeover...hopefully.

The takeover could happen tomorrow and we'd still have an utterly inept and shite team incapable of even scrapping and battling, never mind playing any half-decent football, being creative, being solid at the back, or Christ sake, even giving us some hope, some sign that things are on an upward trajectory.

Harsh? Well, the spineless cnuts haven't even managed a single home win all season, so until they get their fingers out their collective arses and at the very least win ONE fcuking home game...Harsh it is.

I'll be there. No booing, no shouting at them individually or collectively. I will applaud them onto the park as always, and then start praying. Previous St Mirren sides at this juncture (kick off in a home game) would see me starting to feel hopeful, feel enthused, feel we had a chance... This mob see me start praying that somehow today will be the day that they can win a game of football in their own ground.

Edited by pozbaird

The takeover could happen tomorrow and we'd still have an utterly inept and shite team incapable of even scrapping and battling, never mind playing any half-decent football, being creative, being solid at the back, or Christ sake, even giving us some hope, some sign that things are on an upward trajectory.

Harsh? Well, the spineless cnuts haven't even managed a single home win all season, so until they get their fingers out their collective arses and at the very least win ONE fcuking home game...Harsh it is.

I'll be there. No booing, no shouting at them individually or collectively. I will applaud them onto the park as always, and then start praying. Previous St Mirren sides at this juncture (kick off in a home game) would see me starting to feel hopeful, feel enthused, feel we had a chance... This mob see me start praying that somehow today will be the day that they can win a game of football in their own ground.

Aye it's pretty depressing and not really acceptable that we're already conditioned into accepting staying up as an achievement but we have to hope that given time Rae can put together a team that resemble him as a player. Good football on display but not afraid to put hard tackles in. A takeover is what we all want though and is at least a move in the right direction.

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

So you're happy with the job the current board have been doing?

yes, we live within our means, when Murray got appointed most people on here were delighted. All we heard is how good a squad we have..not boards fault it didn't work out...in no way will this takeover provide more money, club will be worse off. The people involved in takeover have never ever put their money where their mouths are! Edited by religion is saints

yes, we live within our means, when Murray got appointed most people on here were delighted. All we heard is how good a squad we have..not boards fault it didn't work out...in no way will this takeover provide more money, club will be worse off. The people involved in takeover have never ever put their money where their mouths are!

Our club is stagnating we need freshness brought to the club and this takeover is at least St Mirren minded people who are not going to a Charles Green to St Mirren. I don't know the details of the way forward with the fan ownership but if i like what they are proposing i will contribute.

exactly what I've been saying, the club will be in a worse position with this ridiculous take over bid!

So, the status quo is the way forward? Something has to change. The Board have done their bit as want out. What do you suggest we need to do to get us moving in the right direction? There is no guarantee in any change but the current situation is not working.

So, the status quo is the way forward? Something has to change. The Board have done their bit as want out. What do you suggest we need to do to get us moving in the right direction? There is no guarantee in any change but the current situation is not working.

we have been up and down over the years and always came back, what is not working? Team is very poor, yes..give Rae time to turn I around....off the park we are sound financially...

we have been up and down over the years and always came back, what is not working? Team is very poor, yes..give Rae time to turn I around....off the park we are sound financially...

What is not working? Are you for real? We have gone from a struggling team in the SPL, winning a cup to losing all our quality and sinking to near the bottom of the Championship. The Board are to blame by appointing Craig and then dithering before sacking him and giving Teale the temporary job when whatcwe needed was experience at the helm. Alex Rae will get my support and he needs time to make significant changes.However, the Board want out and that is where the major change is needed - even just to bring fresh ideas and a strategy to get us moving forward. No point in having no debt, nice ground and training facilities if we are continually going nowhere on the pitch and possibly p!ying our trade at an even lower level.

I really think some on here are delusional about fans taking over the club, how long would it be before they got the treatment.buying the club is fine.Who pays for the everyday costs and players

Unless there is serious money on the table we could easily end up like the Pars

What top of their league and likely going up :-)

I really think some on here are delusional about fans taking over the club, how long would it be before they got the treatment.buying the club is fine.Who pays for the everyday costs and players

Unless there is serious money on the table we could easily end up like the Pars

The details of a takeover are not going to be shared with us. If anyone thinks that those behind the bid haven't got a plan beyond securing the club then i would suggest that is more delusional. I'm sure SG will want to hand over to someone who is at least going to try and take the club forward. No-one knows the details about the takeover other than those involved in it, time will tell...