St Mirren V Alloa Athletic 30/1/16

shull

why are u harping on about me being a member when I have clearly told you I am not and never will be. I do not want smisa to own club or have anything to do with any buy out or bid for club. I truly believe that it would be beggining of the end for the club. The club would be in a far worse financial position in a few years due to some people's personal crusades at thinking they would be great for the club. People need to wake up and smell the coffee. This would be a complete disaster.

Fair enough, your not a fan of SMiSA and i will accept your word that you are not a member of the trust. But can you do jigsaw puzzles ?

Terrible performance. I think a lot of you have your heads in the sand here. We are going to be in serious bother if we continue to play like that, and once again Rae has shown himself to be lacking in tactical knowledge. We were quite comfortable at 2-1, he takes off a striker for a defender and we end nearly losing a goal. We weren't quite "battered" by Alloa but we gave them control of the midfield and they had two free headers close to goal.

Great save by Langfield at 0-1 kept us in the game.

I see Sonny posted that we will have "seen the last of Howieson in the starting XI" - not sure what this is based on but certainly hope it is true. I have some degree of sympathy for Ian Murray, he might actually be a decent coach, but he was relying on Howieson - Agnew - Carswell as a midfield, the three of them are not even of League 2 standard. Its not difficult to work out why we have struggled so much this season. Howieson is a complete waste of a jersey, it really would be better starting with 10 players.

Mallan is trying too hard and its leading to us losing the ball way too much. He is a great talent but its time for those around him to take the pressure off. And the coach to tell him to stick to the basics....and shooting when he gets the chance.

Why Shankland is started over Thompson is beyond me. Thommo getting an hour yesterday would have made the scoreline much more comfortable.

All in all, unhappy with that performance and unconvinced we are going in the right direction. Baird, Kelly, Howieson, Shankland need replaced asap....Quinn hasnt convinced yet.

On a positive note the weather was not as bad as expected.

Edited by Kemp

Lets enjoy a win at home finally, however the level of performance needs to improve a lot. there were some moments of decent football and others of schoolboy standards. We are heading in the right direction slowly but just consolidate this season and then try starting a fresh in the summer as there should be only 4-5 of these guys being kept.

the defence looks a bit better, midfield has a couple of decent players and up front we look like we can start scoring more freely, but we seem to have a huge issue pulling it all together, a gowser type player is what we need, but there aren't exactly many going around

Terrible performance. I think a lot of you have your heads in the sand here. We are going to be in serious bother if we continue to play like that, and once again Rae has shown himself to be lacking in tactical knowledge. We were quite comfortable at 2-1, he takes off a striker for a defender and we end nearly losing a goal. We weren't quite "battered" by Alloa but we gave them control of the midfield and they had two free headers close to goal.

Great save by Langfield at 0-1 kept us in the game.

I see Sonny posted that we will have "seen the last of Howieson in the starting XI" - not sure what this is based on but certainly hope it is true. I have some degree of sympathy for Ian Murray, he might actually be a decent coach, but he was relying on Howieson - Agnew - Carswell as a midfield, the three of them are not even of League 2 standard. Its not difficult to work out why we have struggled so much this season. Howieson is a complete waste of a jersey, it really would be better starting with 10 players.

Mallan is trying too hard and its leading to us losing the ball way too much. He is a great talent but its time for those around him to take the pressure off. And the coach to tell him to stick to the basics....and shooting when he gets the chance.

Why Shankland is started over Thompson is beyond me. Thommo getting an hour yesterday would have made the scoreline much more comfortable.

All in all, unhappy with that performance and unconvinced we are going in the right direction. Baird, Kelly, Howieson, Shankland need replaced asap....Quinn hasnt convinced yet.

On a positive note the weather was not as bad as expected.

It's hard to argue with most of that to be honest, we definitely surrendered possession and territory far too easily in the second half after we'd scored, and I think a better team might have punished us with the amount of corners and free-kicks around the box in the last 20 mins, but I think considering it's our first home win in months, we scored 3 goals, and moved further away from the relegation places, and closed the gap on 4th, we are allowed to take the positives this week.

I've not really seen anyone posting that we played particularly well as a team yesterday. Most posters seem to have praised individual performances.

We were certainly much better than the last time we played Alloa at home, and on the day, we were better than Alloa.

Think most posters are just relieved that we now have a home league win, and that the team seems to have a better shape to it and a bit more fighting spirit.

Edited by FTOF

u never said majority shareholders, u said smisa members...no way would I be a member of smisa, be better putting money down a drain...if this bid fails where do smisa go from here?

Why are so down on smisa. They are fans doing there best and have the best interests of the club at heart. I'm not a smisa member. But good luck to them.

I see Sonny posted that we will have "seen the last of Howieson in the starting XI" - not sure what this is based on but certainly hope it is true.

I do not have inside information.

Rae gave McMullan a couple of games to show what he could do. Decided he did not work hard enough and was ineffective and substituted him twice at half-time and has not started since. He gave Agnew the same opportunity and decided to replace him with Howieson.

Howieson has started a couple of games now and also proven to be ineffective and binned at half-time.

If you are subbed at half-time without injury and not for tactical reasons then the writing is on the wall in my opinion. And it seems to be how Rae is assessing his squad.

Added to that we have now signed Cooper who I thought contributed more in 45 mins that Howieson had done in any games he played under Rae. We should have Goody coming back shortly to fit into midfield and Irvine can also play left back allowing Kelly to move up one.

So all-in-all I would be worried if I was Howieson. With new signings and players coming back from injury and getting bombed after 45 mins I would doubt he will be holding down that left berth next week.

I do not have inside information.

Rae gave McMullan a couple of games to show what he could do. Decided he did not work hard enough and was ineffective and substituted him twice at half-time and has not started since. He gave Agnew the same opportunity and decided to replace him with Howieson.

Howieson has started a couple of games now and also proven to be ineffective and binned at half-time.

If you are subbed at half-time without injury and not for tactical reasons then the writing is on the wall in my opinion. And it seems to be how Rae is assessing his squad.

Added to that we have now signed Cooper who I thought contributed more in 45 mins that Howieson had done in any games he played under Rae. We should have Goody coming back shortly to fit into midfield and Irvine can also play left back allowing Kelly to move up one.

So all-in-all I would be worried if I was Howieson. With new signings and players coming back from injury and getting bombed after 45 mins I would doubt he will be holding down that left berth next week.

Perceptive assessment there and fair play to Rae for giving those holding the jersey a chance.

I still think there is a player there in Howieson but like you, don't think he did enough to retain a starting spot.

Why are so down on smisa. They are fans doing there best and have the best interests of the club at heart. I'm not a smisa member. But good luck to them.

because that's what they are, fans of the club...they have no idea how to run a club, what's involved or the money needed. They would run club into ground and are using a guy to help who has allegedly never put his money where his mouth is when it becomes real. I wonder who will get blame when it all falls on its arse...I admire smisa for raising money to help youth development etc but they have ideas way above their station and capabilities...

because that's what they are, fans of the club...they have no idea how to run a club, what's involved or the money needed. They would run club into ground and are using a guy to help who has allegedly never put his money where his mouth is when it becomes real. I wonder who will get blame when it all falls on its arse...I admire smisa for raising money to help youth development etc but they have ideas way above their station and capabilities...

I'm sure there are plenty of SMISA members who are business minded and or experienced company directors who are more than capable of playing their part in successfully running a football club.

Let's not forget, the current board are fans of the club also.

Had a good day out yesterday. Result made leaving the house at 5.30 am worth it. Not a great performance but having watched Newcastle play well regularly and lose of late i'll vouch for the importance of getting points on the board no matter how you play. Shared the train with a number of hibees up for their semi at Tynecastle and loved walking through the carriages pushing my saints shirt clad chest out. Enjoyed a few pints, good company and the weather held up after a worrying forecast. The fun police decided to make the 19:00 a dry train from Edinburgh (nazis) but a good day none the less.

I've not really seen anyone posting that we played particularly well as a team yesterday. Most posters seem to have praised individual performances.

We were certainly much better than the last time we played Alloa at home, and on the day, we were better than Alloa.

Think most posters are just relieved that we now have a home league win, and that the team seems to have a better shape to it and a bit more fighting spirit.

That's purely because we didn't. I'm delighted we have our first home victory of the season but, as for the shape, I'm afraid I disagree. I felt Alloa looked far more organised and made space for themselves whenever they gained possession. I understand the psyche when we went one up as the home victory is god but there was too many times where we stood off players and converged on the ball rather than finding space.

As mentioned in the previous post, the current board are Saint Mirren fans, can you explain the difference ? no you can't because there is no difference. The difference in running the club would be that those who go onto the board to represent SMiSA will have no choice but to answer to questions from SMiSA members, the current board only have to answer to those who they have formed Douglas street ltd, with. It is currently a closed shop, albeit with wee leaks of information (some good, others poor) fed to us by others, the board or someone else at the club leak this info but do not have any connection with it as their chosen messengers will not name those who gave the info.

Just want to check, it was us who had the ability to score 3 goals from open play was it not, and to achieve that you certainly have to be the best team, because the object of the game is putting the ball in the net, our players , as a team, managed that on 3 occasions, Alloa once, and that was from a dubious penalty. Only one set of deserved winners in my opinion, and it certainly was not Alloa, the players done the job yesterday and deserve praise for that - not derision that suggests they fluked it, it was no fluke it was 3-1 to the Saints.

I'm sorry if that question didn't suit your agenda.

My agenda, what agenda would that be ? you asked a question about LPM and i am not LPM, also i quite clearly stated on that thread long ago that nobody but the consortium would know how much they would accept. If your having difficulty in understanding that then pity you. There is not a cat in hells' chance that LPM would have been leaked info from anyone at the club so quite why you think i'm criticising him is way beyond reason.

I eagerly await your idea of what my agenda is.

I would also add that an agenda is a plan or the content of a list of things that need to be addressed/discussed, so base your answer on that if you please.

Edited by buddiecat

I'm sorry if that question didn't suit your agenda.

Now to answer your question about my post, i don't particularly like the fact that one or two people are (by their own admission) given info from someone at the club - who will be well aware that the info is going to be made public, i don't mean to slag off those who then pass the info on, but i do mean to question this particular method of communicating with fans because it cannot be linked to the originator and can be used as a method of spreading completely wrong info for whatever reason it suits.