St Mirren V Alloa Athletic 30/1/16

shull

We did win yesterday and it was a good feeling. I'd like another one of those wins next week please.

A full week to work on blending the new guys into the team, i am hopeful of a good result for us next week, 2 home wins on the trot would be the best way to help forget the "no home wins" saga

Now to answer your question about my post, i don't particularly like the fact that one or two people are (by their own admission) given info from someone at the club - who will be well aware that the info is going to be made public, i don't mean to slag off those who then pass the info on, but i do mean to question this particular method of communicating with fans because it cannot be linked to the originator and can be used as a method of spreading completely wrong info for whatever reason it suits.

Peter you never learn.

Somebody gonnae enlighten me in what the f**k the Tannoy Dude mumbled just before the second half started.

He and the System are poor.

It is strange. I discovered yesterday that the Tannoy is clear as a bell in W1, but in W3 it's crap. Someone at the Club really needs to end this saga and get the firm who fitted it to fix it. If they don't then the system should be returned to them as not of merchantable quality. Get a PA that is fit for purpose FFS Tony.

The Match Officials are nowhere near incompetent at their job as our players are at theirs.

We really do employ very poor footballers.

Part Time for all.

Yes, all part-time footballers will certainly improve our football and see us challending for Europe at least!

Edited by Vambo57

It is strange. I discovered yesterday that the Tannoy is clear as a bell in W1, but in W3 it's crap. Someone at the Club really needs to end this saga and get the firm who fitted it to fix it. If they don't then the system should be returned to them as not of merchantable quality. Get a PA that is fit for purpose FFS Tony.

Yes, all part-time footballers will certainly improve our football and see us challending for Europe at least!

Pardon?

Not clear in EK.

;)

We'll soon get to see that experiment close up. Airdrieonians have announced that next season they are going full time and will train out of the Ravenscraig Sports Facility. Quite a bit of money is being thrown at the project by the new owner in defiance of what was evidenced in his division this season where players like Andrew Barrowman quit full time football at Dunfermline to look for a "proper" career whilst playing part time for Albion Rovers. Quite a few full time players quit the senior game last season despite full time offers from senior clubs to go non league ex Saints Richie Britton and Paul Lawson being two of the highest profile.

The way the game is going in terms of wages and contract security many full time professionals in Scotland are now feeling that it's just not worth suspending their careers any longer. I imagine that over the next few years we'll see far more senior players going part time.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

We'll soon get to see that experiment close up. Airdrieonians have announced that next season they are going full time and will train out of the Ravenscraig Sports Facility. Quite a bit of money is being thrown at the project by the new owner in defiance of what was evidenced in his division this season where players like Andrew Barrowman quit full time football at Dunfermline to look for a "proper" career whilst playing part time for Albion Rovers. Quite a few full time players quit the senior game last season despite full time offers from senior clubs to go non league ex Saints Richie Britton and Paul Lawson being two of the highest profile.

The way the game is going in terms of wages and contract security many full time professionals in Scotland are now feeling that it's just not worth suspending their careers any longer. I imagine that over the next few years we'll see far more senior players going part time.

Stuart you are a bit of a drama queen at times.

Offer a young player a full-time contract he will bite your arm off. Just because a few players retire early for junior football does not mean there is a crisis. Look at Thommo he is not playing for Renfrew is he. Though we could argue he should be.

Football clubs have had to adapt to the market of less revenue from TV, also one of the dirty sisters along with Hearts and Hibs all out the top league at some point replaced with clubs like ICT , Ross County , Hamilton who don't travel with large supports. Coming to an end of a career is one thing , in the middle of one or starting out is quite another. The game is not as bad as you are making out. granted not perfect but not full of players wanting out the game to pack shelves in Asda.

Stuart you are a bit of a drama queen at times.Offer a young player a full-time contract he will bite your arm off. Just because a few players retire early for junior football does not mean there is a crisis. Look at Thommo he is not playing for Renfrew is he. Though we could argue he should be.Football clubs have had to adapt to the market of less revenue from TV, also one of the dirty sisters along with Hearts and Hibs all out the top league at some point replaced with clubs like ICT , Ross County , Hamilton who don't travel with large supports. Coming to an end of a career is one thing , in the middle of one or starting out is quite another. The game is not as bad as you are making out. granted not perfect but not full of players wanting out the game to pack shelves in Asda.

I doubt he'd (Thommo) get a game for Renfrew on current form.

Stuart you are a bit of a drama queen at times.

Offer a young player a full-time contract he will bite your arm off. Just because a few players retire early for junior football does not mean there is a crisis. Look at Thommo he is not playing for Renfrew is he. Though we could argue he should be.

Football clubs have had to adapt to the market of less revenue from TV, also one of the dirty sisters along with Hearts and Hibs all out the top league at some point replaced with clubs like ICT , Ross County , Hamilton who don't travel with large supports. Coming to an end of a career is one thing , in the middle of one or starting out is quite another. The game is not as bad as you are making out. granted not perfect but not full of players wanting out the game to pack shelves in Asda.

Would they? I know two lads, aged 16 who didn't bite anyone's arm off. They simply refused a full time contract - one with Dunfermline, one with Dundee United - to instead start careers as Apprentice Electricians. Both are playing Junior football this season. A major factor in their decisions was rhat the wages offered barely covered their travelling expenses.My own son, aged 17, told one senior club youth coach who was interested in taking him to his club that he isn't interested in a football career. And yesterday at the juvenile match I was watching at Wishaw Sports Centre I was chatting away to a parent whose son rejected three senior Scottish clubs this year to have a season playing under 19s with his mates before starting his football scholarship in the USA.

A few years back one of my mates - a very experienced and well travelled Senior pro was offered a full time contract at Airdrie. The basic wage was £75 per week. He went Junior instead.

Barrowman said that at the age of 30 he realised chasing 10 month contracts every season, while worrying about the financial effect of any injury, for the level of earning he was on made it clear he needed out of full time football.

I could cite many more examples IBOS, certainly enough to make up a very strong part time squad.

Would they? I know two lads, aged 16 who didn't bite anyone's arm off. They simply refused a full time contract - one with Dunfermline, one with Dundee United - to instead start careers as Apprentice Electricians. Both are playing Junior football this season. A major factor in their decisions was rhat the wages offered barely covered their travelling expenses.My own son, aged 17, told one senior club youth coach who was interested in taking him to his club that he isn't interested in a football career. And yesterday at the juvenile match I was watching at Wishaw Sports Centre I was chatting away to a parent whose son rejected three senior Scottish clubs this year to have a season playing under 19s with his mates before starting his football scholarship in the USA.

A few years back one of my mates - a very experienced and well travelled Senior pro was offered a full time contract at Airdrie. The basic wage was £75 per week. He went Junior instead.

Barrowman said that at the age of 30 he realised chasing 10 month contracts every season, while worrying about the financial effect of any injury, for the level of earning he was on made it clear he needed out of full time football.

I could cite many more examples IBOS, certainly enough to make up a very strong part time squad.

You are right Stuart

The ball is burst up here unless you get a gig with the bigger teams

2 players opted to stay part time with Dumbarton than come to us

That's why pro youth is having problems no youngster unless committed to a top club is going to risk his further career when a couple of years down the line his top line is £200 tops

Part time fitba for a lot of clubs is coming

You are right Stuart

The ball is burst up here unless you get a gig with the bigger teams

2 players opted to stay part time with Dumbarton than come to us

That's why pro youth is having problems no youngster unless committed to a top club is going to risk his further career when a couple of years down the line his top line is £200 tops

Part time fitba for a lot of clubs is coming

And the one that did leave Dumbarton still works as a personal fitness instructor.

I don'tdon't think Shull is being ridiculous in any way. The question is though will customers still be willing to pay £20 - £25 per head for part time football?

Peter you never learn.

Never learn what Gary ? there's nothing wrong in questioning why the club choose to leak info to individuals instead of having a wee update section where they can tell us all and be responsible for their words. As it is they can pass duff info on and hang people out to dry for it, but can always say "we didn't spread the rumour"

If you mean "don't feed the trolls" which i guess you probably do mean, i am simply explaining myself and have had a fair reply, nothing for you to moan about here shutup.gifflowers.gif