Cup Final Reached

pozbaird

Never understood that American game . It has always appeared to be a f**ked up , crap, a very tedious form of rugby that just takes far toooo loooong. That yardage gained seems more important than the scoring says it all. It also has all the American glitz and schmaltz that we can all do without and that's before we mention the drug abuse that they have , totally f**ked up but if it floats yer boat. .however having the word football in it seems a travesty of semantics. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Never understood that American game . It has always appeared to be a f**ked up , crap, a very tedious form of rugby that just takes far toooo loooong. That yardage gained seems more important than the scoring says it all. It also has all the American glitz and schmaltz that we can all do without and that's before we mention the drug abuse that they have , totally f**ked up but if it floats yer boat. .however having the word football in it seems a travesty of semantics. .

Biggest travesty is St Mirren having FOOTBALL in it's title presently.

Get some of the glitz and razamatazz at the Braehead Clan & Glasgow Rocks.

Obviously not at the same scale as in USA, but still marvellous.

I agree. Load of old shite. Scottish football has nothing to learn.

One year the Who turned up at the Super toilet Bowl . That was good . Once the Who went off , I switched off . Result. .

Fair enough, it isn't to everyone's taste. Personally, it's horse racing for me. I simply do not like it, watch it, get interested in it, bet on it, or give a flying fcuk about horses running around with wee guys strapped on their backs.

Would be a dull world if we all agreed on the same stuff.

Incidentally, I agree with Drew.

Edited by pozbaird

Can't believe the Broncos made it watching that second half!

They do have a seriously elite D, which was fired up on Sunday, but the O is as blunt as I've seen going into a superbowl. The Patriots were banged up but they messed up- should have kicked the PAT but even then a FG when on 4th down and back for the TD would have won that game without needing a 2-pt conversion at the end.

Panthers are seriously impressive, been great to watch all year, some of their games I've watched back on gamepass because they were that good to watch. Genuinely duel threat QB and I hope they win it. I know many will talk about Manning and his retirement, but I fear for them if the Carolina O-line is decent.

Can't believe the Broncos made it watching that second half!

They do have a seriously elite D, which was fired up on Sunday, but the O is as blunt as I've seen going into a superbowl. The Patriots were banged up but they messed up- should have kicked the PAT but even then a FG when on 4th down and back for the TD would have won that game without needing a 2-pt conversion at the end.

Panthers are seriously impressive, been great to watch all year, some of their games I've watched back on gamepass because they were that good to watch. Genuinely duel threat QB and I hope they win it. I know many will talk about Manning and his retirement, but I fear for them if the Carolina O-line is decent.

The Broncos misfiring offense was supposed to have seen New England beat them back in early December (the game I went over to), it was supposed to see the Steelers beat them a fortnight ago, and it was supposed to see New England not just beat the Broncos in the AFC Championship game, but destroy them. The Broncos won all three.

After the Broncos beat the Steelers, the front page of USA Today screamed 'The real winners here are the New England Patriots'. Wrong. When the Las Vegas books opened on the morning following the Broncos win over the Steelers, the Patriots were installed as odds-on favourites to win. Wrong. Neil Reynolds on Sky TV proclaimed after the Broncos beat the Steelers 'The only way, the ONLY way the Broncos can beat the Patriots is to bench Peyton Manning and start with Brock Osweiler'. Wrong.

Following the Panthers beating the Cardinals, Troy Aikman announced on the TV coverage 'We've just watched the Superbowl winners'.

Love it. Broncos Nation is loving being written off at every turn. Gary Kubiak and the players said after the Patriots win that the USA Today headline and all the pundits writing them off inspired them to go out and drive Tom Brady into the turf - which they did. The more the Broncos are being written off, the better, and everyone is at it again - apparently the Panthers name is already being engraved on the Lombardi Trophy, and it is only a question of how many points the Panthers win by.

Absolutely love it. Roll on the Superbowl. In St Mirren parlance.... 'Shhhhh!'

Edited by pozbaird

Fair enough, it isn't to everyone's taste. Personally, it's horse racing for me. I simply do not like it, watch it, get interested in it, bet on it, or give a flying fcuk about horses running around with wee guys strapped on their backs.

Would be a dull world if we all agreed on the same stuff.

Incidentally, I agree with Drew.

I listen to ESPN Chicago radio just about every day, so have to listen to both sides of this argument. Just yesterday, I listened to a rant from radio guy David Kaplan, similar to the above, about how he's perplexed as to why anyone could sit through anything as tedious as a soccer match.

I'm all for both sports, but if you weren't brought up with one or the other, so are not invested in, or fully understand what you're watching, I can totally get why you would find the other tediously boring.

The way the NFL is run, however, is absolutely light years ahead of football, which is embarrassingly archaic in comparison, and is all the worse for it.

Love it. Broncos Nation is loving being written off at every turn. Gary Kubiak and the players said after the Patriots win that the USA Today headline and all the pundits writing them off inspired them to go out and drive Tom Brady into the turf - which they did. The more the Broncos are being written off, the better, and everyone is at it again - apparently the Panthers name is already being engraved on the Lombardi Trophy, and it is only a question of how many points the Panthers win by.

You can't write them off, that is just stupid when you have an elite D like that. That defence is however hauling the Broncos through. If you had the Panthers QB and could get Demaryius Thomas back to 2 years ago man you would be unbeatable.

Gonna be interesting to see you guys out of Mile High. I'm all over the Panthers on this one. They have been outstanding and as has been said a C Newton is going to shine in a cup final!

Moronic game of stop and start. Not really liked or understood if your not American, few jump on bandwagon but really they don't have a fecking clue what's going on...

Agree. Have a 'like'. By far, the best post you've made using this alias.

Bravo. Even started with a capital letter. Impressed.

The Broncos misfiring offense was supposed to have seen New England beat them back in early December (the game I went over to), it was supposed to see the Steelers beat them a fortnight ago, and it was supposed to see New England not just beat the Broncos in the AFC Championship game, but destroy them. The Broncos won all three.

After the Broncos beat the Steelers, the front page of USA Today screamed 'The real winners here are the New England Patriots'. Wrong. When the Las Vegas books opened on the morning following the Broncos win over the Steelers, the Patriots were installed as odds-on favourites to win. Wrong. Neil Reynolds on Sky TV proclaimed after the Broncos beat the Steelers 'The only way, the ONLY way the Broncos can beat the Patriots is to bench Peyton Manning and start with Brock Osweiler'. Wrong.

Following the Panthers beating the Cardinals, Troy Aikman announced on the TV coverage 'We've just watched the Superbowl winners'.

Now the game is almost here,it's been fantastic since the Panthers made it to the Superbowl, even as a Saints (of the New Orleans variety) its been great. What is a bit disconcerting from the Panthers point of view is that everybody here in Charlotte and almost everybody US wide are picking the Panthers to win and win comfortably-and more comfortable by the day. I think the Broncos have done a very good job of staying low key and are playing the underdog role extremely well. They also have the best defence in the NFL but in Peyton Manning not sure they can score enough points or avoid the turnovers that might well decide the game. I hope it's a great game but sorry Poz I think the Panthers are the better team and will win something like 31-17

Now the game is almost here,it's been fantastic since the Panthers made it to the Superbowl, even as a Saints (of the New Orleans variety) its been great. What is a bit disconcerting from the Panthers point of view is that everybody here in Charlotte and almost everybody US wide are picking the Panthers to win and win comfortably-and more comfortable by the day. I think the Broncos have done a very good job of staying low key and are playing the underdog role extremely well. They also have the best defence in the NFL but in Peyton Manning not sure they can score enough points or avoid the turnovers that might well decide the game. I hope it's a great game but sorry Poz I think the Panthers are the better team and will win something like 31-17

Just looked at the NFL website. The Panthers, when getting their official squad photo taken, had one taken with the entire squad pointing at their Superbowl ring finger...

Too cocky. By far. Cam is heading for a fall... Broncos by 7. OMAHA!

Just looked at the NFL website. The Panthers, when getting their official squad photo taken, had one taken with the entire squad pointing at their Superbowl ring finger...

Too cocky. By far. Cam is heading for a fall... Broncos by 7. OMAHA!

Fcuking YAaaaaaSssssssSssssssssSSS!!!!! Get in!

It was Broncos by 14. You're prediction was 50% out. You should be hanging your head in shame rather than celebrating your team winning the biggest prize in its sport. Get your priorities right, poz. :)

FCUKING YAssssAsssssSsssSssss!

Under the affluence of incohol at 03.47 and still posting with an almost steady hand....

FCUKING YAssssAsssssSsssSssss!

Under the affluence of incohol at 03.47 and still posting with an almost steady hand....

stop kidding on u give a flying f**k who won this game, u have absolutely no attachment or any upbringing with any of the teams. Wouldn't open my curtains if they were playing in my garden...