Sign in to follow this  
Slash

So Farewell Then Jimmy Bain

Lets face it, nearly all pop musicians from the 60s, 70s etc are getting to an age where -- given their normally chaotic lifestyles - they are already long lived , so there will hardly be a week passes without one or more of them being "wooden overcoated".

Most will have lived comfortable ,cossetted lives without the necessity of working 9-5 like the rest of us. As a mere pond dweller, i could be uncharitable and even slightly envious of the fringe benefits available to those who "work" short hours and have money to make use of their spare time.

This chap, though, Ive never heard of, lol.

Was there that day too.

Sad to see another one go - RIP

The reason it was bizzarre was hee-haw to do with the band

You wil recall wild horses were an early act on the sunday, i was up on a hill at the back of the arena with my brother and some friends. from where where we were we coud hear the band crystal clear, but could also see across the rest of the bear park. we were next to the back fence and i spotted a crazy hippie scaling the fence that boundaried the field behind the concert arena, it was a very big field, a half mile or more long. Anyway, we could see what the hippie could not see a f**king huge bear about 500 metres away and we could see that the bear smelled the hippie (couldn't we all) from a long way away. although the daft bugger had only about 20 metres to cross from his fence to the back of the arena, it was clear he couldn't run. before the hippie had got to the top of his fence the bear hand halfed the distance between them. he only saw the bear once he was on the ground- i never saw anybody do such a bad job of running 20 metres, in any event the bear could probably have climbed the fence 3 times as fast as the hippy anyway. we watched in real time as the bear covered the rest of the distance before the hippie got halfway-bears are fast as f**k. Dumbstruck, a crowd of about 50 of us stopped appreciating wild horses and braced ourselves for carnage. The bear got to maybe 5 metres from the the hippie who must have been soiling himself, and just at that point a jeep driven by keepers or rangers shot towards them-the bear semed to know the sound of the jeep and went stalk still, one of the keepers got out and seemed to say something to the bear, which sat down, looked around itself and then headed off in the opposite direction-probably fearing a dart in the jacksey. the keepers then manhandled the hippie into the jeep and sped him off to safety and, hopefully, jail. I nevers saw anyone so lucky to escape from such a dire situation as that individual and if I didn't have witnesses would have trouble believing that I didn't imagine it.

the whole thing took about 3 minutes to unfold, or half a solo in wild horses time.

anyway, i enjoyed the feck out of the rest of their set and they have a place in my hearts forever based on my surreal day in West Dumbartonshire

RIP JB-sorry i never wrote to the band with my story as intended. I'm sure you would all have loved it.

The reason it was bizzarre was hee-haw to do with the band

You wil recall wild horses were an early act on the sunday, i was up on a hill at the back of the arena with my brother and some friends. from where where we were we coud hear the band crystal clear, but could also see across the rest of the bear park. we were next to the back fence and i spotted a crazy hippie scaling the fence that boundaried the field behind the concert arena, it was a very big field, a half mile or more long. Anyway, we could see what the hippie could not see a f**king huge bear about 500 metres away and we could see that the bear smelled the hippie (couldn't we all) from a long way away. although the daft bugger had only about 20 metres to cross from his fence to the back of the arena, it was clear he couldn't run. before the hippie had got to the top of his fence the bear hand halfed the distance between them. he only saw the bear once he was on the ground- i never saw anybody do such a bad job of running 20 metres, in any event the bear could probably have climbed the fence 3 times as fast as the hippy anyway. we watched in real time as the bear covered the rest of the distance before the hippie got halfway-bears are fast as f**k. Dumbstruck, a crowd of about 50 of us stopped appreciating wild horses and braced ourselves for carnage. The bear got to maybe 5 metres from the the hippie who must have been soiling himself, and just at that point a jeep driven by keepers or rangers shot towards them-the bear semed to know the sound of the jeep and went stalk still, one of the keepers got out and seemed to say something to the bear, which sat down, looked around itself and then headed off in the opposite direction-probably fearing a dart in the jacksey. the keepers then manhandled the hippie into the jeep and sped him off to safety and, hopefully, jail. I nevers saw anyone so lucky to escape from such a dire situation as that individual and if I didn't have witnesses would have trouble believing that I didn't imagine it.

the whole thing took about 3 minutes to unfold, or half a solo in wild horses time.

anyway, i enjoyed the feck out of the rest of their set and they have a place in my hearts forever based on my surreal day in West Dumbartonshire

RIP JB-sorry i never wrote to the band with my story as intended. I'm sure you would all have loved it.

laugh.png

All I remember of Wild Horses set at Loch Lomond were the amount of people sitting down while they started playing, Brian Robertson gave it some of the rock star posing with one foot on a monitor and urging folk to get on their feet. He was met with a sea of folk flicking the vicky at him as it was a hot day and we were still suffering the effects of the previous night's hangover.

Edited by pozbaird