David Clarkson Joins On Loan

hopefully hit the ground running, we need a lift and if he can come in and get a goal on saturday then I'm sure he will end up being a very good addition. we've had a lot of players join and really struggle from the off, lets hope Clarkson can get in the goals right away.

on another note, the spine of our team is very experienced and got youth mixed in, all players that should and I'm sure WILL have us higher up the table

langfield

Watson webster

Mallan Goody Quinn

Shankland Clarkson

Did Clarkson not create some kind of record last season by scoring in 8 or 9 games in a row?

Let's give him a chance to show us what he can do.

Yep, scored 8 games in a row in the Premier League last year. I would think he can do a job for us in the Championship!

Good signing, but how are we going to get the ball up to him? We've got to sort out the hopeless midfield and full back situation otherwise we'll have three decent strikers in Clarkson, Thompson and Shankland wasting their time chasing shadows.

Yep, scored 8 games in a row in the Premier League last year. I would think he can do a job for us in the Championship!

Good signing, but how are we going to get the ball up to him? We've got to sort out the hopeless midfield and full back situation otherwise we'll have three decent strikers in Clarkson, Thompson and Shankland wasting their time chasing shadows.

Thompson's shadow could out run him now, sadly.

hopefully hit the ground running, we need a lift and if he can come in and get a goal on saturday then I'm sure he will end up being a very good addition. we've had a lot of players join and really struggle from the off, lets hope Clarkson can get in the goals right away.

on another note, the spine of our team is very experienced and got youth mixed in, all players that should and I'm sure WILL have us higher up the table

langfield

Watson webster

Mallan Goody Quinn

Shankland Clarkson

Aha, from that line up, I think I can identify three reasons why we are not doing as well as we had hoped this season wink.png

Pleased with this news, definitely think he will do a job for us. Proven goal scorer with a good track record.

Can't really see a place now for Thommo, sadly.

Don't be sad for Thommo. He has had a great career, made plenty dough and leaves as a St Mirren Legend.

Us fans, on the other hand are putting up with absolute shite presently.

That is sad

Don't be sad for Thommo. He has had a great career, made plenty dough and leaves as a St Mirren Legend.

Us fans, on the other hand are putting up with absolute shite presently.

That is sad

Perhaps if we went part time that would help!!!!!!

Perhaps if we went part time that would help!!!!!!

Stay on Topic Jakey.

Aye,it would help if the vast majority of Clubs were part time.

All the shite Jessie Booted players at our Club deserve no more than bus fare expenses.

Maybe not even that.

Should charge them to play in our legendary black and white stripes.

Useless fannies.

Yeah solid signing. Like Rocco Quinn he's a proven performer at a higher level than we play at. Seems like Rae has a preference for players who have done it in the top flight, good.

Straight in the 11 on Saturday I guess.

He hasn't kicked a ball in a first team this season so not so sure about that and it would mean starting two up top unless he replaces Shankland. I'm all for 2 up but it hasn't been the way of it so far this season.

I had always thought Davy Clarkson was a good player so at least its another forward (of course hes only on loan) but still leaves us with no decent goalie or centre half.

One thing I cant fathom though is how some on this board seem to think that theres been an improvement/stopped the rot/started winning etc since Alex Rae has arrived. Three defeats in five games including a cup exit at home. Thats a poor start for a new manager I`m afraid.

OK theres still time to get shot of some duds and bring in football players before Monday. If he has any eyesight at all, please return McMullan to Glasgow forthwith as the first action. Oh, and NO signings from England please.

He hasn't kicked a ball in a first team this season so not so sure about that and it would mean starting two up top unless he replaces Shankland. I'm all for 2 up but it hasn't been the way of it so far this season.

That's primarily because we carry four passengers in a midfield five! With Goody back and Quinn and hopefully Smith to join Mallan we may have four decent midfielders for a change allowing two strikers :)

Davy Clarkson is a good signing he can hold the ball up and score goals!

Just need to improve in the midfield so we can give him the service to score goals!

As for Thommo he's had a good career earned stupid money at Rangers went on to play for Scotland and played in the English premiership. Then had successful career in English championship playing for the biggest teams in the English championship before moving to his boyhood heros and winning the cup!

If Clarkson's arrival means Thommo's departure I don't feel sorry for Thommo disapointed for the way his career at St.Mirren had petered out in the last 2 seasons!

Tommy Craig overplayed him and rushed him back and rushed him back again and he never quite recovered!

Always will be a St.Mirren Legend his celebration in the final after his goal is probably my favourite St.Mirren moment ever!!

Three defeats in five games including a cup exit at home. Thats a poor start for a new manager I`m afraid.

Well that's one way to look at it.

A better way to look at it would be to remove the matches we were never realistically going to win.

That would be the Cup game (which with all respect is irrelevant given the perilous state of our league position) and the game at Hibs (who are beating everyone).

To expect anything from EITHER of those two games would be lunacy.

You are therefore looking at 2 wins from 3 league games that we could realistically have taken something from.

IMO THAT is a decent enough place to be.

I think this could turn out to be one of our best signings in the last 5 years if we can sign a midfielder to supply him and Shankland. Even with Quinn, Goodwin and Mallan in midfield we still need more experience, dig and creativity than our other midfield options are able to give. I think if we can become more competitive in midfield our defence would be under less pressure and we might start managing more than 1 shot on target per half.