David Clarkson Joins On Loan

He comes with a better reputation than a few we have signed and he has scored for each club that he has played for until he went back to Motherwell, where he has only played 7 times.

Personally pleased with this signing and hopefully it works for both him and Rae.............. and of course the fans!

Well that's one way to look at it.

A better way to look at it would be to remove the matches we were never realistically going to win.

That would be the Cup game (which with all respect is irrelevant given the perilous state of our league position) and the game at Hibs (who are beating everyone).

To expect anything from EITHER of those two games would be lunacy.

You are therefore looking at 2 wins from 3 league games that we could realistically have taken something from.

IMO THAT is a decent enough place to be.

Lunacy to beat another championship side and lunacy to beat a side battling to stay out the championship?

Aye, take out all the defeats and the record is not bad.

The lunatic here is you, lecturer boy! :lol:

Yeah solid signing. Like Rocco Quinn he's a proven performer at a higher level than we play at. Seems like Rae has a preference for players who have done it in the top flight, good.

Straight in the 11 on Saturday I guess.

Just like Langfield, Webster & Gow?

Glad you agree.

One thing I cant fathom though is how some on this board seem to think that theres been an improvement/stopped the rot/started winning etc since Alex Rae has arrived. Three defeats in five games including a cup exit at home. Thats a poor start for a new manager I`m afraid.

But he didn't have the luxury of a pre-season.

He hasn't kicked a ball in a first team this season so not so sure about that and it would mean starting two up top unless he replaces Shankland. I'm all for 2 up but it hasn't been the way of it so far this season.

Apparently he's made 7 appearances this season?

Does this kill the Sutton and Mehmet rumours? sad.png

Would think so. Sutton was a non-starter and Mehmet was a bad idea - never go back (particularly for some one that nobody has seen playing in 5 years).

Surprised at those giving this a "meh" reaction !

Come on Div, you started this thing. You must have realised by now that at least half the people on here aren't happy unless they are ripping the pish out of others (players, posters, our team, rival teams, ...................... ).

Pretty chuffed with this signing. Went on a terrific run with Dundee last season before it ended as abruptly as it began. In terms of where we are, and given it is the slim-pickings window, I think we've done alright here.

I think Clarkson will be a good foil for Shankland, although it's not ideal in the long term that both are on loan. I reckon Clarkson is now a better goal-scoring option (from open play at least) than any other player at the club. It breaks my heart that it's no longer Thommo, but we need to be pragmatic about these things while remembering the good times he helped bring to the club.

Come on Div, you started this thing. You must have realised by now that at least half the people on here aren't happy unless they are ripping the pish out of others (players, posters, our team, rival teams, ...................... ).

Indeed. The motto of a TRUE Saints fan is "I don't know what I want but I don't want what I've got". wink.png

He hasn't kicked a ball in a first team this season so not so sure about that and it would mean starting two up top unless he replaces Shankland. I'm all for 2 up but it hasn't been the way of it so far this season.

He's had 8 appearances his season for Motherwell. 7 subs and one start.

Welcome aboard David.

Apparently he's made 7 appearances this season?

Would think so. Sutton was a non-starter and Mehmet was a bad idea - never go back (particularly for some one that nobody has seen playing in 5 years).

He has come off the bench in each appearance hasn't started a game this season. Hopefully he can hit the ground running but he might need a few games to get up to speed.

A better way to look at it would be to remove the matches we were never realistically going to win.

That would be the Cup game (which with all respect is irrelevant given the perilous state of our league position) and the game at Hibs (who are beating everyone).

You are therefore looking at 2 wins from 3 league games that we could realistically have taken something from.

So as a supporter I have to be realistic, and only judge a manager on the games we should win, and not his actual record!

Absoloute madness.

So might as well imagine the manager we might have had and the players we might have had and judged the imaginary player and managers and imagine we are still in the premiership , and having a great imaginary season and are in the top six ffs.

So as a supporter I have to be realistic, and only judge a manager on the games we should win, and not his actual record!

Absoloute madness.

So might as well imagine the manager we might have had and the players we might have had and judged the imaginary player and managers and imagine we are still in the premiership , and having a great imaginary season and are in the top six ffs.

Quality rant. Feel better now?

Quality rant. Feel better now?

I cant believe the reaction of some fans on here, who were you expecting to sign when we are 3rd bottom of the league.

We need to take anyone who can improve on what we presently have, gradually.

Have a good 2nd half of the season and the players who will want to sign will increase.

How long before he gets "aw FFS you are crap"