Welcome Home Saints Legend , Tony Fitzpatrick

shull

By 2019 he wants the corners at the stadium filled in and 8,000 season ticket holders, rising to 12,000 two years later when he hopes turnover will top £10million and the club will be Premier League champions.

There's been ambitious and then there's being nuts :lol:

My son played me back an interview that had been on St Mirren radio this afternoon explaining the Bring a Buddy idea. It sounded to me like Fitzy was acknowledging that it's been a bit of a mess on his part when it came to the season ticket holders but it certainly sounds like he is trying to get something started in giving to the local community, in trying to drag kids into the club. The jist of it seemed to be that he wanted to give out over 1,500 tickets to kids for the match but to open the stand costs the club money so to try to cover the cost and to give season ticket holders something back for their loyalty they put this offer on.

I've been very critical of the promotion. It sounded absolutely farcical and it still is a long way adrift of being clever but it's hard to argue with the motives and the fact that it's coming from a good place. The man is a legend anyway - and after Iain Munro my favourite all time Saints player - so I'm going to drop my criticism of the Bring a Buddy scheme and just wish it all well. I won't be there but I hope it goes well for Fitzy and that he continues to try to do the right thing.

My son played me back an interview that had been on St Mirren radio this afternoon explaining the Bring a Buddy idea. It sounded to me like Fitzy was acknowledging that it's been a bit of a mess on his part when it came to the season ticket holders but it certainly sounds like he is trying to get something started in giving to the local community, in trying to drag kids into the club. The jist of it seemed to be that he wanted to give out over 1,500 tickets to kids for the match but to open the stand costs the club money so to try to cover the cost and to give season ticket holders something back for their loyalty they put this offer on.

I've been very critical of the promotion. It sounded absolutely farcical and it still is a long way adrift of being clever but it's hard to argue with the motives and the fact that it's coming from a good place. The man is a legend anyway - and after Iain Munro my favourite all time Saints player - so I'm going to drop my criticism of the Bring a Buddy scheme and just wish it all well. I won't be there but I hope it goes well for Fitzy and that he continues to try to do the right thing.

Iain Munro also my all time favourite player for Saints.

Right come on, own up who are you? And why have you hacked Dicko's account?

I don't know why anyone would be surprised. I've been calling on the club to become far more closely involved with community groups and football clubs around the area so it would be really churlish of me to be critical when someone at the club actually does exactly that. The promotion is a bit ham fisted but at least Fitzy didn't hide, he's gone to the clubs media outlet and tried to explain his rationale.

Hopefully this will be a success and hopefully the club won't just rest on it's laurels at that. I hope Fitzy continues to learn and the strive to improve the way the club has been run. I like him - he has my support.