Gary Irvine

Drew

This might be about the gist of it from AR.

Irvine keen to keep longer and reason for option in deal

Cooper desperately need a wide player and is a roll of the dice. Possible insurance if can't get Smith and then offload McMullen

Quinn aim to keep if proves fitness

Clarkson would like to keep but Motherwell not willing to pay off his contract and may want to retain him/make him an offer if they are relegated

• 1 year later...

I think it's only right that G Irvine should be applauded for his recent performances, he's took some amount 

of stick on here while being played out of position but since being switched back to his more natural RB slot 

he's put in some top class performances and it also gives the back 4 a far better ballance....Well done Gary..

Irvine has played the vast majority of his football in the past 2 and a half years at left back, for both ourselves and Dundee. While right back is his preferred position, this is incidental to his recent improvement in performance in my opinion.

Playing in a better team, leading to a boost in confidence, is probably more of a factor. Better defenders beside him, better midfield in front of him. A break from the team probably also helped the player, being taken out of the firing line for a spell.

Well done Gary - keep it up.

I hold my hand up to doubting the wisdom of even swapping him over to right back.

Clearly, my judgement was unreasonable, premature, and has since been proven to be utter pish. I'm happy to acknowledge this, and concede that it is a lesson learned:ph34r:

34 minutes ago, Drew said:

I hold my hand up to doubting the wisdom of even swapping him over to right back.

Clearly, my judgement was unreasonable, premature, and has since been proven to be utter pish. I'm happy to acknowledge this, and concede that it is a lesson learned:ph34r:

The only person who never made a mistake posts on the Fishal site these days!

Edited by Bud the Baker

32 minutes ago, Drew said:

I'm holding my hands up as well. Fair do's to Gary, he's played very well in the last few games.

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

Irvine has played the vast majority of his football in the past 2 and a half years at left back, for both ourselves and Dundee. While right back is his preferred position, this is incidental to his recent improvement in performance in my opinion.

Playing in a better team, under a better manager, leading to a boost in confidence, is probably more of a factor. Better defenders beside him, better midfield in front of him. A break from the team probably also helped the player, being taken out of the firing line for a spell.

Well done Gary - keep it up.

Sorted. :wink:

I felt he was our best player against Dunfermline last week.

I have been very critical od him in the past but his turnaround in form has been brilliant and I'm happy that he is playing well.

I'd even go as far as saying I was unfair with my criticism in that he wasn't playing in his favoured position.

Well done Gary Irvine.