Ian Murray

FS

3 hours ago, shull said:

Disappointing that any real football fan would read this rag after the treatment of the 96 Liverpool fans at Hillsborough That includes giving them any publicity or credibility by quoting on line articles even if its free

http://www.anfieldroad.com/dont-buy-the-sun/

Even Gary Linneker has urged peole to ignore it

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Disappointing that any real football fan would read this rag after the treatment of the 96 Liverpool fans at Hillsborough That includes giving them any publicity or credibility by quoting on line articles even if its free

Last week maybe, but..... 

Now it's the Season of Goodwill so.. 

Merry Christmas Danny :)

17 minutes ago, Danny said:

It's worse than simply affording them publicity or credibility, by clicking on a link for one of those rags, you are making them richer.

They get advertisers to pay for ads on the links, so every click where you go to see the clickbait tripe also sees the ads, and so  increases their revenue.

22 minutes ago, Danny said:

I prefer to do my own thinking on any issue.

I certainly dont intend to be told what newspaper to buy, regardless of what they have done.

Just now, oaksoft said:

I certainly dont intend to be told what newspaper to buy, regardless of what they have done.

Nice bit of twattery, there.

However, as a scientist you would surely wish to be fully apprised as to the issues surrounding said newspaper and reasons as to why such a purchase could be described as morally flawed?  :whistle

You could then buy the rag with a sure and steadfast knowledge of being an utter f**kwit.  :) 

1 minute ago, antrin said:

Nice bit of twattery, there.

However, as a scientist you would surely wish to be fully apprised as to the issues surrounding said newspaper and reasons as to why such a purchase could be described as morally flawed?  :whistle

You could then buy the rag with a sure and steadfast knowledge of being an utter f**kwit.  :) 

Twattery because I dont follow the herd?

Sign me up.

Nobody but f**king nobody tells me what to read and what not to read.

I dont know how I can make that any clearer.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Twattery because I dont follow the herd?

Sign me up.

Nobody but f**king nobody tells me what to read and what not to read.

I dont know how I can make that any clearer.

You could make it slightly clearer by putting an apostrophe into "don't".

I hope this helps?  :)

41 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yep. Everyone knows what that rag stands for, what it has done in the past on many occasions to make people's lives a misery, and what they continue to do and stand for.

Most people won't need that spelled out to them, but there will always be some who don't get it. Ignorance is bliss, it seems.

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Nobody said you couldn't. I highly doubt you buy the rag anyway, as you seem too intelligent for that. Not sure why you would try to make a point using such a horrendous publication as your point of principle, but that's up to you.

Good luck to him, no hard feelings towards him.  Just didn't work out and he had the character to resign. (maybe should of done a bit sooner) 

Alex Rae on the other hand, no idea why he gets jobs in football as a pundit or anything else.  His opinion means zero, to think he can make any kind of living out of football is crazy. Despicable human being, the way he acted at end of Dumbarton game was a disgrace.  

51 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Nobody said you couldn't. I highly doubt you buy the rag anyway, as you seem too intelligent for that. Not sure why you would try to make a point using such a horrendous publication as your point of principle, but that's up to you.

No I dont read the paper but its really nothing to do with intelligence.

My point was only about people trying to tell me what to do and what to think. The list of examples is endless. Dannys post was just one example.

Nothing grinds my gears more than this which is why I responded the way I did.

Edited by oaksoft

59 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Yep. Everyone knows what that rag stands for, what it has done in the past on many occasions to make people's lives a misery, and what they continue to do and stand for.

Most people won't need that spelled out to them, but there will always be some who don't get it. Ignorance is bliss, it seems.

This is the point though isnt it? I dont like what that paper stands for so I dont buy it.

My choice. I dont need others "educating" me and Im certainly not about to educate others.

Everyone should make their own minds up. Ignorance is a poor word to describe those who dont share our view TBH.

Edited by oaksoft

No I dont read the paper but its really nothing to do with intelligence.
My point was only about people trying to tell me what to do and what to think. The list of examples is endless. Dannys post was just one example.
Nothing grinds my gears more than this which is why I responded the way I did.

Could understand it someone had told you what to do, but they didn't. You responded in a rage for some reason to a general post. I find it rather odd, that's all.

Anyway, without wanting to tell you what to do, have a Merry Christmas...

This is the point though isnt it? I dont like what that paper stands for so I dont buy it.
My choice. I dont need others "educating" me and Im certainly not about to educate others.
Everyone should make their own minds up. Ignorance is a poor word to describe those who dont share our view TBH.

Ignorance is the perfect word to describe those who share the views of that rag, and think it's actions to be correct. That's my opinion.

And who are these people? Surely you are not using this as a blanket description of all of their readers?

I'm using it as a description of people who would knowingly read the rag despite knowing if the hurtful lies it's printed, of the despicable actions it has undertaken, and of the hatred it continues to peddle.