So Farewell Sir Terry

Scabby Dug

Here..................batter your head against this................more joy..............Red-Brick-Wall-Tile-Textures.jpg

The most ridiculous part was the claim that any old bloke off the street could raise hundreds of millions of pounds by running a once-a-year TV show.

I can name several famous people who have successfully fronted one-off charities which subsequently raised hundreds of millions of pounds.

I can't name a single ordinary Joe though.

Imagine Andy from the local pub trying to organise Live Aid III.

If he thinks the host is irrelevant, presumably he thinks it wouldn't matter who was playing either.

How much does he think they'd raise? Hundreds of millions? You'd have to be pretty daft to think that.

Anyway. I won the argument. That's all that matters.

Good evening to you.

The most ridiculous part was the claim that any old bloke off the street could raise hundreds of millions of pounds by running a once-a-year TV show.

I can name several famous people who have successfully fronted one-off charities which subsequently raised hundreds of millions of pounds.

I can't name a single ordinary Joe though.

Imagine Andy from the local pub trying to organise Live Aid III.

If he thinks the host is irrelevant, presumably he thinks it wouldn't matter who was playing either.

How much does he think they'd raise? Hundreds of millions? You'd have to be pretty daft to think that.

Anyway. I won the argument. That's all that matters.

Good evening to you.

Surely he's not dim enough to come back after the mauling he's taken today...........wait, he is. ????

Only Smokie and Oaky talking sense on this Thread.

The rest are just bitter, twisted and envious.

Or pished.

The two venerable posters you mention aren't necessarily the worst on earth but I don't think I'm bitter,twisted or envious. From memory I'm fairly sure I wasn't pished (nice to see the 'h'- it's missed out regularly) at the time. So, what's my category? Do words like erudite and debonair help you?