Paul Mcmullan Loan Finished

MarkL

Short memories the boy is only 19.

Won a penalty and set up a goal at ibrox was our only threat that day not his level? anyone can do that when Rangers were flying at the start of the season.

He was prob one of the first names on the team sheet up until he was chomped down by Falkirk defender and was out for a while.

I agree thought he showed lots of potential and was disappointed that things didn't work out for him.

I think he'll come good for somebody.

A 20s side that would most likely give this current team a drubbing, as said looked decent in games before being cleaned out against Falkirk, got me up off my seat a good few times with his runs and looks like there could be a decent player in there at the right team,

It's great to have an opinion.

You have yours, I have mine.

With today being the day of the Rae/Farrell Q&A session my mind drifts back to a previous one where Andy Millen said that one of our young players (David McKenna IIRC) was not ready for first team football and that he (AM) would rape him of they were in opposition. Un PC and caused nervous titters at the time but it sums up the problem that most people have expressed about McMullan, namely that he let one bad tackle psych him out.

I realize that he was injured and had to go off that day but professional football is a small community and word about players who go into their shell after one dodgy tackle gets about. It was vital that McMullan came back ready to "take a tackle" once it became apparent that he wasn't then he wasn't worth a place in first team football.

Since I moved to Ayr I don't see any reserve/youth team football but my recollection is that it's played with much less intensity - a level that, for the moment, will suit him better.

offtopic.gifofftopic.gifofftopic.gif

Going into nostalgia mode there's no question that the game is less physical these days - defenders no longer get a "free tackle" in the first five minutes (I remember Willie Miller discussing this on radio a few years ago). Along with coloured boots and 15 minutes for half/time the lack of, ahem, a good foul is one the aspects of modern football that irks me. spudnikconfounded.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

Going into nostalgia mode there's no question that the game is less physical these days - defenders no longer get a "free tackle" in the first five minutes (I remember Willie Miller discussing this on radio a few years ago). Along with coloured boots and 15 minutes for half/time the lack of, ahem, a good foul is one the aspects of modern football that irks me. spudnikconfounded.gif

I remember Aber scything down Charlie Nicholas about 5 seconds after the kick off when we played the green bigots in the 80's.

Perfectly timed since the ref was still looking at the players taking the kick off. thumbup2.gif

• 3 weeks later...