Nacreous Clouds

RickMcD

We've been having the most amazing cloud formations and colouring over the last few days. Have you got it in Scotland? Yesterday morning especially was quite magnificent. The nacre bit relates to mother of pearl and it's obvious why when you see it. And last Friday night my son phoned me and told me to look outside because the sky was green. I looked out expecting to be underwhelmed but I wasn't. The sky was a kind of deep bluey green. I assume this was more a Northern Lights thing but still unusual here. The BBC News NI pages have a series of good shots.

We've been having the most amazing cloud formations and colouring over the last few days. Have you got it in Scotland? Yesterday morning especially was quite magnificent. The nacre bit relates to mother of pearl and it's obvious why when you see it. And last Friday night my son phoned me and told me to look outside because the sky was green. I looked out expecting to be underwhelmed but I wasn't. The sky was a kind of deep bluey green. I assume this was more a Northern Lights thing but still unusual here. The BBC News NI pages have a series of good shots.

post-4944-0-09909200-1454492938_thumb.jppost-4944-0-01694000-1454492947_thumb.jp

Over Erskine

One of the great things working at sea is certain sky's you see and at night stars. What you have been seeing in the past few days is wonderful however you have people who walk the streets who are oblivious to such sights.

The northern lights can be mind blowing when seen at its strongest while you hear whooshing sounds. At the equator at sea witnessed a midnight sky pulsating , that is the most wired thing seen by me still have not found an answer to why that happens.

There was an absolute beauty over Monkton in Ayrshire as the storm passed away yesterday morning. Nacreous clouds have been pictured all over the UK this week. Unfortunately I was travelling when it appeared and never got a picture but with low light at that time in the morning (7.50am) it really was stunning.

There was an absolute beauty over Monkton in Ayrshire as the storm passed away yesterday morning. Nacreous clouds have been pictured all over the UK this week. Unfortunately I was travelling when it appeared and never got a picture but with low light at that time in the morning (7.50am) it really was stunning.

Reckon we were looking at the same one at more or less the same time and our rain hadn't long cleared too. It was really sensational. My wife took a picture with her phone and it turned out fairly well.

One of the great things working at sea is certain sky's you see and at night stars. What you have been seeing in the past few days is wonderful however you have people who walk the streets who are oblivious to such sights.

The northern lights can be mind blowing when seen at its strongest while you hear whooshing sounds. At the equator at sea witnessed a midnight sky pulsating , that is the most wired thing seen by me still have not found an answer to why that happens.

Hmmm, mind blowing , wooshing and pulsating.................I'd venture plentywired folk who walk the streets are not oblivious to those sights