Queen Of The South V St Mirren Championship 13/2/16

shull

I was v frustrated to lose to them. They are going nowhere they are at the level they should be at. They won't make the premier league anytime soon. We really need to be beating teams like this

6/9 against them is fine by me.

Look forward to getting them back to Paisley before the end of the season.

I was v frustrated to lose to them. They are going nowhere they are at the level they should be at. They won't make the premier league anytime soon. We really need to be beating teams like this

They won't, nor will my team. Nor will the saints. When too many on here were knicker wetting I said you would not go down, you will not.

Nor will you be promoted, the board will not spend what may be needed. They want to sell and are in a bind. Spend, go nowhere, club in debt, can't sell.

Don't spend, go nowhere, can't sell.

Footaball's finances, in the scottish game are based on La-La land economics. SG and the others want out. THis will cause structural problems.

I don't say this with malice, but I believe it to be an honest appraisal of where you are at.

I haven't seen anyone defend the performances.

Conversely northstbuddie took absolute pelters from a few posters last week after pointing out we won 1-0 from a Mallan free kick in a game where we had 1 shot on target from open play in 90 minutes and could hardly string 2 passes together all game. I'd call that defending the performances (or saying all that matters at the moment is picking up 3 points regularly and getting away from the relegation zone and who cares what the performances are like?)

It is utter lunacy to have a striker of the quality of Stephen Thompson sitting on his arse and have the consistently underwhelming Shankland running about on the pitch.

Thommo might be slowing down but he does know the way to goal!

If Thommo gets more game time he might clock up his 6th league goal in 2 seasons.

It is utter lunacy to have a striker of the quality of Stephen Thompson sitting on his arse and have the consistently underwhelming Shankland running about on the pitch.

Thommo might be slowing down but he does know the way to goal!

FFS you should take your head out thompson's arse for 5 minutes and catch a breath, the guy was finished a long time ago.

Time to move on.

Yeah the ref did see the penalty.

Before I start, it was a penalty, and the ref knows it was one. He knew it right away and he knew it after we messed up the 'advantage'. He messed up and he will know that.

Devils advocate; he gives the penalty, the ball runs through and gets stuck in the net, and we miss the penalty... We are all raging at the ref for not playing the advantage. Just like we were after Carey missed the penalty against Hearts which was given as Nigel scored against them in the SCQF.

Barry's a Paisley fella and a good lad. He is trying to judge the extent of advantage there, and he's judged it wrong. After he's gave the advantage and the shots away he can't bring it back and give the penalty.

He's got it wrong and it's cost us the game. It's happened before and it will happen again.

Happens plenty of times. Happened last week against QotS indeed.

My 'favourite' was the Haining and Venegoor of Hesselink incident at Celtic Park.

VoH fouls Haining, ref doesn't give foul. Haining slightly rugs VoH ref plays on, VoH takes shot which goes narrowly by, ref gives Celtic a penalty (which they score to win the game 1-0), AND sends Haining off.

Saints then appeal, and in those days the ref gets to decide - and strangely he decided he made the right decision rolleyes.gif

Conversely northstbuddie took absolute pelters from a few posters last week after pointing out we won 1-0 from a Mallan free kick in a game where we had 1 shot on target from open play in 90 minutes and could hardly string 2 passes together all game. I'd call that defending the performances (or saying all that matters at the moment is picking up 3 points regularly and getting away from the relegation zone and who cares what the performances are like?)

OR, you say. Correct. You are right in what you say laterally.

So no conversely about it. No need to contradict yourself. You got it right in the end.

The ref at Sellick Park (in the game referred to above) was Eddie Smith, the same ref who gave the greenyins the last minute free kick at Love St. from which the diving sushi scoffer scored.

Should ALSO have been a freekick for Saints, but for some reason Smith decided to give a foul on Nakamura rather than the one by him.

Them were the days!

Are you stupid or just attention seeking?

The posts were about Thompson being a possible saviour, not about todays game.

Get a grip.

I think you're being hounded out of here.

Take the hint

Ta ta tumshie lol

The ref at Sellick Park (in the game referred to above) was Eddie Smith, the same ref who gave the greenyins the last minute free kick at Love St. from which the diving sushi scoffer scored.

Good point undermined by using a borderline sectarian term. Not need in the saints forum

Poor efforts at getting shots on target was our problem yesterday, Shankland, Thompson and Mallan all had efforts off target when it was just as easy to get them on target, on another day they might well have done. We did not deserve a point yesterday and Rae will know this and hopefully have some shooting practice midweek. The penalty incident did not change the game but it should have seen us go 1 up which at that point in the game would have been justified.

Callum Gallagher should have been hooked much earlier than he was, he stands off his man too much and allows him to pass the ball to safety, get a bit closer to your man and you give him problems Callum.

Staying up in this league has to be the main focus anything extra is a bonus, still feel we are playing a more solid game now and after just one transfer window i think Rae has been a good choice as manager, i believe he will wield the axe in the summer and hopefully gets more of the physical players we need to compete at the top in this league.

Serious question Bud. What are you basing your assertion on that we should be "beating teams like this"? We've been abject all season and have recently become more competitive, that's it. We've yet to put it together for 90 minutes but things are looking better than they were under Murray.

We've got no right to expect to beat teams like QOS away from home. We're a Championship team now and not a very good one. Best to hope for is that Rae continues to take small steps forward, has a good close season and gets us challenging for top four next year.

Edited by DLBud

Poor efforts at getting shots on target was our problem yesterday, Shankland, Thompson and Mallan all had efforts off target when it was just as easy to get them on target, on another day they might well have done. We did not deserve a point yesterday and Rae will know this and hopefully have some shooting practice midweek. The penalty incident did not change the game but it should have seen us go 1 up which at that point in the game would have been justified.

Callum Gallagher should have been hooked much earlier than he was, he stands off his man too much and allows him to pass the ball to safety, get a bit closer to your man and you give him problems Callum.

Staying up in this league has to be the main focus anything extra is a bonus, still feel we are playing a more solid game now and after just one transfer window i think Rae has been a good choice as manager, i believe he will wield the axe in the summer and hopefully gets more of the physical players we need to compete at the top in this league.

Not following that?

As I have said before, this season is all about survival and nothing else. Yesterdays result was one that did not carry any surprises. I do not see us being in either of the play-off positions (top or bottom).Overall this season, for me, is a total write off

It does however make for an interesting close season.