David Longwell Leaving The Club

Drew

Surprised there isn't a thread up for this.

Leaving at the end of March to take up a post in the US.

Will be a huge loss, utility he goes with my best wishes.

He has been nipping over to the US a few times so no doubt this comes as no surprise to the club, surprise to me though, i admired his enthusiasm for our academy players and his hard work ethic, when i visited Ralston on SMiSA business.

Good luck David.

Sad to see him go.

The technical quality of McLean, McGinn and Mallan shows that something has been done well with the youth team. Not to mention the perforamance of the U20s this season.

Where to next for Saints? Now this is an appointment that the board really need to get right first time.

Ive been following Orlando city since the start of last year and went to see them play montreal impact in october. They have a very very good setup there and are due to move into a new stadium. They have recently introduced the b team which ridgers will be playing for. They do a lot of work in the community too but obviously with better marketing resources at their disposal. Best matchday experience i have ever experienced.

All the best to the man who put down the foundations of a great youth setup. Big boots to fill.

To be honest, not fazed to be honest.I don't see him as a massive loss .....ok he done his best. Well it certainly seems he wasn't in a job for life!

Times have changed and I expect Alex Rae might want someone else in that position ......So that's our previous Assistant Manager and Longwell off across the big pond!

All the very best David and Mark.

Really pleased for David to be getting a big chance like this and sure he will be a big success across the pond.

His work ethic is ridiculous and if you speak to the players, even the first team, they will tell you his knowledge of the game is frightening.

Big shoes to fill and a big loss to the club.

That said, a new management team, a new CEO and a new Head of Youth, it's all a freshness that perhaps we needed.

Now all we need is a new board and everyone * will be happy!

* this excludes some people who will never ever be happy

To be honest, not fazed to be honest.I don't see him as a massive loss .....ok he done his best. Well it certainly seems he wasn't in a job for life!

Times have changed and I expect Alex Rae might want someone else in that position ......So that's our previous Assistant Manager and Longwell off across the big pond!

All the very best David and Mark.

Maybe you don't, but he'll be someone else's gain. Good luck to him.

No great loss hopefully we will see some better results coming through the ranks now he's away

I hate to break this to you but whoever replaces him isnt going to suddenly think you, your brother or your children are the new Pele.

Pass a PM to nosferatu telljng him that as well will you?

Alex Rae talked about setting up a scouting system at the last Q&A night. He also mentioned St.Mirren's defensive tactics about not fannying about at the back!

David Longwell recently said in interview that he thinks football should be played from the back!

And yes he's developed McGinn,McClean,Naismith,Mallan,Kelly, and many more but scouting player's was not his Speciality missed the boat on some promising local boy's over the years!

Over all he's done well for St.Mirren and wish him all the sucess in the future he's going to have an amazing life in Florida.

I can't say I think it's bad St.Mirren have needed restructured from top to bottom for some years now...

All the best Davie Longwell. A big step up and one that is well deserved. At least at Orlando City he'll have the resources to put a proper structure into place.

Maybe the club will take the opportunity now to get the jump on the rest of Scottish Football and have a serious look at the way Scottish Football is developing players through the pro youth structure and how it can better utilise the local community with a bit of joined up thinking.