Plastic Pitches, Stay And Play Or Go Away

People always say 3G parks are bad for your knees but I dislocated my knee trying to turn on a grass park and always feel dodgy playing on grass parks since. I play on 3G parks every week and never re-injured my knee on it yet (touch wood). Maybe i've just been lucky but i feel more confident on 3G because its consistent, grass parks can be totally different from one patch to another.

When it comes to professional team I still think they should play on real grass but can see why clubs further down the leagues need 3G.

Well wee pink pants grow a set a baz. We used to slide tackle on blaze.

Maybe I'm unusual in that I really don't care either way. As with most on here I've played on grass, old sandy astroturf, more modern astrograss, 3G, blaes, concrete, and indoor. As long as you have a decent warm up / kickabout before the game kicks off you just get used to the surface, the run and bounce of the ball, and play accordingly. I personally think it's a bit of a non-issue.

I've twisted my knee in bed before, but that's another matter, no need to ban the bed. Could have been in the car, on the grass or on the plastic, no great medical directive either way.

This synthetic pitch non sense, it really grinds my gears. It is simply another dilution to the games presentation. In a sport where image is important , wtf are we playing at putting pro teams on the plastic. The non sense justifications for bringing it into the game are feeble attempts to garner a few bob more for a provincial clubs coffers from the local populace aka 'the community'.

Freezing weather and snow still puts the game off as does wind and inclement rain. Also there is no great standard enforced across the leagues that stipulates the mandatory requirements of synthetic pitches adopted to any constitution that I am aware of, in terms of colour, depth, blade thickness and length, tolerance and resistance, technical build, sub bases, costs blah de blah. de blah. ( I'm sure someone will correct me though ) Hence I can understand Wisharts wee blast about the shabbier bin end versions of the surface is to a degree correct.

I just think, and its my opinion, that introducing these synthetic surfaces across the footballing leagues is just bollocks. It sends out completely the wrong signal and fundamentally changes the game and peoples attitude to it. Frankly , a lot easier you would think, to play the game on grass, in a period in the calendar with a historically better weather window.

More tinkering around the edges, ffs , it just degrades the game even further in my opinion. Synthetic surfaces are for indoor bowls, not football. If it is a true and consistant ball roll you are looking for , play snooker.

I'm sure at one time fitba used to be simple, a ball, a grassy pitch, two teams , a venue. We don't seem to want that any more. Imo that's a shame, maybe its me, I just cannae handle change.

If you'd read past the first sentence of my post you would have realised im not asking for anything to banned infact I was pretty much making the same point as you.

Nonsense. Tell me how the f**k could you fit all of the grass pitches needed on our land mass required for every football match and training session across all age groups of all participants in Scotland? And please tell me how you cost this bizarre project whilst reducing participation and customer numbers.

Well if you actually read my post rather that being the prick you are, it says we need investment, you know that thing you tories do to trident. Anyway regardless your a tosser so I will wait for an actual fan not a fanny to make a comment

Well if you actually read my post rather that being the prick you are, it says we need investment, you know that thing you tories do to trident. Anyway regardless your a tosser so I will wait for an actual fan not a fanny to make a comment

Aye....I was right. You are ear nibblingly stupid. Right now in the UK we don't have enough land to farm for our own needs. Demands on housing means we are converting more and more greenbelt into land for housing as our population grows and our cities expand. Yet here you are calling for all football to be played on a playing surface that gets severely damaged if you play more than 9 hours of football on it a week - even if you are watering it regularly and playing only in the grass growing season. We'd have to increase the levels of immigration....and therefore need even more pitches...... just to have enough people available to cut the grass and to line the pitches and ofcourse the move to turn all available land into football pitches would starve the bee population to a level where we'd have all manner of other problems.

I know it's probably not your fault and that really you're just a product of a careless parent who dropped you on your head once too often but FFS try, just once, to use what's left of your drug addled brain..... :rolleyes :

Christ heres me thinking we were having a discussion about whats the best surface to chase a ball around on and we've made the leap to immigration, land mass, housing demand, farming, population growths and of course bee population whistling.gif

and still our crowds get smaller. whistling.gif

Well as I said that's a fanny not a fan, a Tory in mind, selective hearing and rabbiting about not enough land. Geez. Read the post ....... 36 teams playing on Grass....... If they get investment and support which is what our game needs,,,,,, you just need health and mental support ya donnkey

Well as I said that's a fanny not a fan, a Tory in mind, selective hearing and rabbiting about not enough land. Geez. Read the post ....... 36 teams playing on Grass....... If they get investment and support which is what our game needs,,,,,, you just need health and mental support ya donnkey

But who's going to pay for the homes of all the immigrants we'll need to bring in to build those 36 grass pitches (less the teams that already have grass pitches ie most of them).. and what about the bee population taking a hit from all the honey those immigrants eat! Why does no one ever think of the bees thumbdown.gif

But who's going to pay for the homes of all the immigrants we'll need to bring in to build those 36 grass pitches (less the teams that already have grass pitches ie most of them).. and what about the bee population taking a hit from all the honey those immigrants eat! Why does no one ever think of the bees :thumbsdown

To bee fair, we have to bee courteous to most other posters or risk bee-ing barred all over the biggest 'Effing B' on here....

Bee that as it may, its time to hive off some of the more spurious 'honey trap' like threads, wonder what the 'Queen' makes of all this buzzin aroon?

For watching Professional Football it has to be played on Grass. If plastic is that F*****g great then why is it not used at the Nou Camp, Bernabeu, Wembley, and all the other Major Stadiums. It's purely financial reasons for many smaller clubs ,I get that.

Get it tae F**k for me.