Adam Johnson

Hendo

Had he pled guilty a year ago, when he was charged, Sunderland could have saved over 3 million pounds in wages.

Wonder how they feel about that?

Unfortunately he's deceived his club into believing there's no reason why he shouldn't play. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. Should be sacked for lying to his bosses all this time.

I smell a wind up here but fair play? Sunderlands desperation won over morality. I think most employers would suspend an employer charged with similar offences.

He's plead guilty to one count of grooming and one count of sexual activity with a minor - that's someone under the age of 16 and not someone who comes up from the coal pit with less shite on their face than the average burd in Newcastle. Sacking him was exactly the right thing to do.

He's plead guilty to one count of grooming and one count of sexual activity with a minor - that's someone under the age of 16 and not someone who comes up from the coal pit with less shite on their face than the average burd in Newcastle.

Seriously?

This has to be the outright, undisputed winner for the worst line on here of 2016, and we haven't hit mid-February.

Abject stuff, Stuart. Absolutely horrific.

Edited by Drew

In my day nonces like Adam Johnson tended to get away with these things.

Today, thankfully, nonces are hunted down for the depraved and dangerous animals that they are.

Perhaps you need to be of a certian age to appreciate the difference in society these days but even dying won't stop the full glare of society shining light on ones nonce like activities. That really is a wonderful change in attitude toward these dangerous and disguting criminals. Nonces used to be whispered about and occasionally assaulted but it was very rare for someone to actually be prosecuted and exposed as a nonce. I can confirm that rumours about nonces in the Catholic church were abound long before the authorities took on the Catholic church, the Scouts, Quarriers and all the other nonce havens that allowed people to prey on our young. It wasn't even unusual to hear of a poor woman or girl being flashed at by a nonce. They were everywhere, especially Greenock.

Adam Johnson now joins a list of nonces who got what they deserved. Was it Craig Thompson the Hearts player who got caught out as a similar nonce?

Only time will tell but hopefully more nonces (past and present) will be driven out of football, jailed and humiliated for the deviants that they are. Football as a sport (as all sports) needs to be beyond reproach when dealing with nonces. Sport's clubs should be safe places for our offspring to go to. The days of the gym teacher making you touch your toes repeatedly whilst he stands behind you gently tapping your buttocks with a cane or happily over.

Well done Sunderland in sacking the nonce, well done indeed.

Edited to add: After deploying "the google" I have confirmed that the nonce boy at Hearts was Craig Thomson. He was never actually convicted due to a lack of evidence (according to wikipedia) but nevertheless had his details put onto the sex offenders register. This being the fancy name for the nonce list. Worryingly he is back in Scottish football, turning out for Newtongrange star.

Edited by TediousTom

I was outside Bradford court as he arrived this morning with his girlfriend & brief.

I find it odd after him admitting guilt that his girlfriend would go to court with him.

Quite simply , anyone doing anything of that nature with someone under the age of consent deserves all they get. It's not just against the law it's stupidity.

Should the worst come to the worst for this chap (personally never heard of him before now)and prison beckons , he will be "Not On Normal Courtyard Exercise", lol.

May not require further employment however if what other posters are saying about the money he has earned from football. Just as well for him.

He's plead guilty to one count of grooming and one count of sexual activity with a minor - that's someone under the age of 16 and not someone who comes up from the coal pit with less shite on their face than the average burd in Newcastle. Sacking him was exactly the right thing to do.

Honestly I have no idea why your not sacked off this board. Your an appalling excuse of a human being and not even funny???

It took them till late Thursday night to sack him, he should have been sacked immediately after admitting being a kiddie fiddler.

He will rightly be hounded out of football now.

Did he not only admit to it on Thurs? Edited by HSS

yes thursday morning, big sam said he wasn't in the squad for this weekends game in the afternoon and they sacked johnson on thursday night.

should have been sacked immediately after it was announced he had admitted being a kiddie fiddler.

So they sacked him on the same day as he admitted it?

They should be ashamed of themselves.

yes thursday morning, big sam said he wasn't in the squad for this weekends game in the afternoon and they sacked johnson on thursday night.

should have been sacked immediately after it was announced he had admitted being a kiddie fiddler.

Oh FFS.

They sacked the player within 9 hours of him admitting his crime. It would have taken that long to convene a board meeting to decide what action to take. Sunderland acted correctly, professionally and with moral impunity. If only other football clubs could be as honourable.

Oh FFS.

They sacked the player within 9 hours of him admitting his crime. It would have taken that long to convene a board meeting to decide what action to take. Sunderland acted correctly, professionally and with moral impunity. If only other football clubs could be as honourable.

you sound more & more like Mrs Whitehouse every day.

Ironic you talk shite in that post. They've only sacked him because his admission has left them no alternative. He's played football under false pretences for about a year. As i say, it's the norm for employers to suspend a staff member in regard of such allegations but not at squeaky clean Sunderland it seems.

Ironic you talk shite in that post. They've only sacked him because his admission has left them no alternative. He's played football under false pretences for about a year. As i say, it's the norm for employers to suspend a staff member in regard of such allegations but not at squeaky clean Sunderland it seems.

I can only assume you haven't been following the story or the evidence and that's why you are so wide of the mark on this. Forget your petty rivalry - Sunderland got it 100% right. No employer would suspend a staff member on the basis of an untried allegation. If they did they would leave themselves open to legal action. Sunderland behaved impeccably and when guilt was finally admitted the club booted the player out despite his value as a player in the team.

If only all clubs would act so decisively, promptly and with such purity.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

He was suspended at the time of his arrest, The PFA become involved and the club took him back after he received bail. The player is at fault not the club. Why did he admit guilt at the trial and not when he was arrested.