St Mirren V Dumbarton Championship 20/2/16

shull

Problem

Is Rae seems to think that clarkston and shankland link up well. Think he's the only one that sees it. They seem on different planets in each game they've played Thompson can't do any worse than them. Hope he gets a start v Dumbarton

Don't forget under Murray we only played 1 up now we play 2

I didn't see the game yesterday, but based on the two games I've seen Clarkston and Shankland play together I thought they did OK. Thompson also played pretty well in both those games when he came on, but both those times he came on effectively as a defensive option. Against Alloa he came on to defend set peices and against QoS he came on to stand on the ball in the corner (both jobs he did excellently). I'm not sure he's got 90 mins leading the line in him anymore though.

A bit of tweaking required for this one. Watson and Mallan both missing due to suspension, as far as I am aware.

For the right back position, we could move Irvine across (seemingly he can play either full back position) and bring Jordan Stewart in to play on the left. Alternatively, if Webster is fit, just move Kelly back to LB.

Replacing Mallan is perhaps a tougher ask, as we have few options in terms of creative midfielders. I suspect Rae will put Howieson in there beside Quinn, with Cooper and Gallagher in the wider positions.

Gow for Mallan is an outside bet.

This won't be a straightforward game, but our recent turnaround at home should see us scrape a 2-1 win.

After yesterday's disappointing result a win against Dumbarton would increase the buffer between us and 9th spot so a win would (as always) be be most welcome. I would like to think we have the squad to cope with losing a coupla players especially against a p/t outfit but as all Saints fans will acknowledge it don't come easy!

As ever - COYS!

Oh very funny, how is that negative!! Sons the team that got thumped by crappy Morton. Or are you just trying to be a knob and succeeding?

Merely serving you a taste of your own medicine. 1 defeat on after telling northstbuddie to take his negativity with him to Cappielow you now declare this game a season definer, and if we lose we'll be in the relegation mix.

Merely serving you a taste of your own medicine. 1 defeat on after telling northstbuddie to take his negativity with him to Cappielow you now declare this game a season definer, and if we lose we'll be in the relegation mix.

TBF- Northatbudduie was saying that we were lucky to have won last 2 home games and we didn't deserve to. I was pointing out that we have to show progress against a part time outfit. But 10 out of 10 for observation, I will head to Cappileow when next we play them

A bit of tweaking required for this one. Watson and Mallan both missing due to suspension, as far as I am aware.

For the right back position, we could move Irvine across (seemingly he can play either full back position) and bring Jordan Stewart in to play on the left. Alternatively, if Webster is fit, just move Kelly back to LB.

Replacing Mallan is perhaps a tougher ask, as we have few options in terms of creative midfielders. I suspect Rae will put Howieson in there beside Quinn, with Cooper and Gallagher in the wider positions.

Gow for Mallan is an outside bet.

This won't be a straightforward game, but our recent turnaround at home should see us scrape a 2-1 win.

The SFA does not seem to be aware of this. Watson is not on the list of suspensions released yesterday.