St Mirren V Dumbarton Championship 20/2/16

shull

Full time 1-0

Solid 3 points and 3 home wins in a row, can't say much more than that. Like our other wins under Rae, we didn't play that well but we still won. Good, that's something that wasn't happening under Murray.

The goal was a rare bit of quality in a very poor game. Nice interplay between Shankland and Clarkson and a good finish, although there were definitely suspicions of offside. Dumbarton we're well organised but never offered much going forward.

Looking at the league I think that's us safe now. 10 ahead of Livi with a game in hand and 5 ahead of Dumbarton. Would need to be a collapse of Hibs like proportions for both of them to overtake us.

Fourth is still on but a bit of an outside shot. I think our season will peter out into mid table mediocrity now.

Good to get another home win today. Despite us being really poor for a lot of this season, we are within reasonable contact with 4th Place.

Hopefully with Captain Jim back and some hard work( And Mallan back) we can give us fans a wee lift with a push from here on in. Plenty games left.

Like others I think it would be a stretch for us but while there is hope.....

Think my friend got it right when he said that the whole game looked like a preseason friendly. Nobody bothering to press opposing players, hardly a tackle, and complete lack of both precision and creativity. Really terrible game. 3 points and Goodwin getting a run out were the only positives that could possibly be taken. I hope Rae went through them like a ton of bricks in the changing room after the final whistle.

Edit: One more positive to be fair, I thought Baird was outstanding today.

Edited by zurich_allan