St Mirren V Dumbarton Championship 20/2/16

shull

Considering we played the first half with only 8 players we did ok. (Agnew, Gallagher and Shankland/Clarkson were on the park but did all they could to not be involved).

2 mins after Gallagher was hooked we got our first ball in from the right and scored. And even a half-fit Goody did more in 20 mins than Agnew done in the previous 70. Overall pretty dire however there were loads of positives

- 3 points

- 5 points off playoff place

- young McAllister who had a decent debut

- the Return of the Goody

- hopefully Agnew's last game

- Mallan still to come back

- Watson still to come back

smile.png

Edited by Sonny

Considering we played the first half with only 8 players we did ok. (Agnew, Gallagher and Shankland/Clarkson were on the park but did all they could to not be involved).

2 mins after Gallagher was hooked we got our first ball in from the right and scored. And even a half-fit Goody did more in 20 mins than Agnew done in the previous 70. Overall pretty dire however there were loads of positives

- 3 points

- Webster still to come back

:)

Webster seen as a good point? Hasn't he been shite/slated for most of the season?

Think my friend got it right when he said that the whole game looked like a preseason friendly. Nobody bothering to press opposing players, hardly a tackle, and complete lack of both precision and creativity. Really terrible game. 3 points and Goodwin getting a run out were the only positives that could possibly be taken. I hope Rae went through them like a ton of bricks in the changing room after the final whistle.

Edit: One more positive to be fair, I thought Baird was outstanding today.

I don't think he will

I haven't seen a decent performance yet but that's 3 home wins on the trot

We will get results with a lot of graft and little craft as shown with the goal today

Better in the second half, particularly after Gallagher went off. He had a stinker this afternoon.

I agree with TC on Baird. Was probably my MotM, but I thought McAllister was very assured, and Stewart was also effective when he came on.

Crap performance on the whole, but who really cares? Winning ugly will do me just fine.

Edited by Drew

- 3 points

- Watson still to come back

smile.png

Yeah agree with all of the above, also Naismith still to come back.

I thought Baird was or man of the match in what was a poor performance where we managed to grind out a result.

Our current style is very McPherson like.

I don't think he will

I haven't seen a decent performance yet but that's 3 home wins on the trot

We will get results with a lot of graft and little craft as shown with the goal today

I get that in general, and I agree that was the case with the past two home games. Today though, the only reason we won that game is because Dumbarton are terrible. There was no grafting today, no pressing, barely any tackling, not much tracking, and barely any effort. At least 7 or 8 of our starting 11 looked lazy and lethargic for nearly the whole game. Edited by zurich_allan

I get that in general, and I agree that was the case with the past two home games. Today though, the only reason we won that game is because Dumbarton are terrible. There was no grafting today, no pressing, barely any tackling, not much tracking, and barely any effort. At least 7 or 8 of our starting 11 looked lazy and lethargic for nearly the whole game.

I don't really understand this, "we only won cos [insert other team who are as shite as we are] are shite."

We can only beat what is put in front of us and we have now beaten the last three teams to come to St Mirren Park. Yes it's not pretty, yes it's not particularly gutsy, no I don't want us to perform like that every match, yes I'd expect us to improve as time goes on. But to say we only won because Dumbarton are shite is nonsense. We won because we were the better team. As long as we continue to be the better team, we'll continue to win.

We didn't "just win cos Dumbarton are shite". We won because we were better. That's all we ever need to be.