St Mirren V Dumbarton Championship 20/2/16

shull

Aye, we were a bit shite today, but please explain to me why we should be seeping teams aside when we are exactly where we should be.

Maybe I am not explaining what I mean very well. I'm saying that in general a full time club such as St Mirren should not struggle against any part time team, whether Dumbarton, Alloa, or any other. Of course there will be the odd blip which happens to all teams, but that blip absolutely should not be due to a lack of effort. If the other team outplays you, fine. If the other team has a couple of fantastic examples of individual skill then fine. But not because we don't put the effort in. In my book that's never okay. We got away with it today, which is great, but we shouldn't hide the fact that this was exactly what it was; getting away with it in spite of a distinct lack of energy.

Agreed.

Great stuff.

Let's hope our rise is McPherson like. From the bottom half of the second tier to an established top flight side in 3 seasons...

Great stuff? C'mon mate.

At least under Gus we were grinding results out, but with a degree of comfort. You knew that if we didn't score, we would st least get a point.

Not convinced with Rocco Quinn one bit, have watched him in three games now and brings as much as Agnew does, very little. Decent at breaking up play but offers feck all going forward, not impressed..

Great stuff. He should be pleased that someone who knows zip about football can't see his value to the team, unlike the manager who has signed him, plays him, and believes in him.

Not convinced with Rocco Quinn one bit, have watched him in three games now and brings as much as Agnew does, very little. Decent at breaking up play but offers feck all going forward, not impressed..

I am not convinced about St Mirren now and for let's say five or so yearsor so, it's been f**kin awful, but we win today , clean sheet collect three points, let's take that as a positive . Slaughter a player cos it's de rigueur, nah, that's getting tiresome...............

Let's be honset, frankly there's f**k all else positive about the place, your posts generally would confirm same.

However surely any supporter would welcome a win in whatever form , ffs !!!!!!

Quinn was on his own trying to run the middle of the park today. Agnew and Gallagher were ghosts (sorry Goody) and young Mcallister was hugging the touch line but had a decent contribution compared to many more experienced players out there today.

Quinn was on his own trying to run the middle of the park today. Agnew and Gallagher were ghosts (sorry Goody) and young Mcallister was hugging the touch line but had a decent contribution compared to many more experienced players out there today.

You sad objective and fair minded person you! Far too reasonable. To think that religion was once deemed happy clappy. No longer!

Agnew offered far more in middle of the park than Quinn did today...

Agnew offered far more in middle of the park than Quinn did today...

Wonderful admission of total lack of football knowledge there. You really are funny.

I'm quite amused by your stalking and funny yet often illiterate contributions.

Your teacher will be proud. If only you knew your Daddy. He might not be too embarrassed either!

It was an absolute brutal match to watch today, but we got three points and that's all that matters. To achieve three home wins on the trot, with the position we were in when Rae took over, especially with our record at Home since moving, is some achievement.

Baird and Webster strolled the game, Gallagher and Agnew were shocking. Agnew is totally out of his depth, he looks as if he's auditioning for Strictly when he jumps to try and head the ball.

It was great to see Goodwin back. I think with Quinn, Goodwin and Mallan in the midfield it will take some of the defensive pressure off our more creative players.

When you look at the teams out with Rangers and Hibs there haven't been anyone that I thought were better teams, just more organised with a game plan. QOS were sitting in 4th before today, the last two games against them suggests there's nothing between us.

Rae is bringing the discipline and organisation we lacked so if we have a bit of luck with injuries and suspensions and manage to get a couple of points off the top three teams, then 4th could well be achieved. (Not that I think we'll go up but you never know since Hibs have a reputation of being bottle merchants.)

Special mention to Mcallister who I thought linked up well down the left and caused a few problems. Didn't mind getting stuck in either.

This Dumbarton team are no mugs. They've already beaten us twice this season lets not forget.

In 2016 they have drawn with Dundee and Raith and beaten Livi and QOTS.

Three points today is a good result, no doubt about it. The performance wasn't great, but it's all about winning at this stage of the season.

They also beat Hibs at the start of the season.

The game was far from pretty but after the last few years I will gladly take that

Rae is proving to be his own man and I do like the cut of his jib. His substitutions were spot on and well timed, and he is improving individual players performances and confidence levels.

The difference in young Baird through simply being instructed to not fanny about is amazing. Our defence looked solid and organised for the most part yesterday.

Onwards and upwards!

The game was far from pretty but after the last few years I will gladly take that

Rae is proving to be his own man and I do like the cut of his jib. His substitutions were spot on and well timed, and he is improving individual players performances and confidence levels.

The difference in young Baird through simply being instructed to not fanny about is amazing. Our defence looked solid and organised for the most part yesterday.

Onwards and upwards!

More or less what i said after yesterdays game. He has obviously taken some players aside and told them what they need to be changing in their game. He can only make 3 substitutions and hopefully he continues to make the right changes at the right time.