St Mirren V Dumbarton Championship 20/2/16

shull

Thought Baird and McAllister were excellent yesterday and Clarkson at least tried to make things happen, although it didn't really come off (his assist aside).

3pts was great, but worrying how most of our team were totally anonymous: Agnew, Quinn, Shankland, Gallagher all had shockers and a special mention for Kelly, who despite having played 100 games for us, has yet to show me that he's anywhere near good or consistent enough.

I'll take winning ugly but that's exactly what it will be under Rae.

Yeah I thought at the time the goal from the corner should have stood and having seen it back I haven't changed my mind. The keeper can't get to the ball because he's positioned himself wrong, there's no foul.

Shankland really should have scored before that too. He hits that anywhere on target apart from straight at the keeper it's a goal.

The offside is definitely very marginal, I was in line with it and I think he was just off but there wasn't any daylight or anything. Cancels out the disallowed goal we should have had I suppose...

Poor game from 2 very average teams but good to see us grind out a result without ever looking like conceding or getting out of 2nd gear. 3 pts and 4th position may actually be a possibility.

1 real negative - decided to take my son and I and watch match in west stand instead of family stand. Never again!! The language and the attitude of fans sitting around us was abysmal and pretty disgusting and they were on the backs of the players at every opportunity- no wonder the gust don't play with any confidence with this support (or rather a few idiots)

A hard fought ground out win yesterday, really good to see things turning round under AR, if he can bring to St Mirren the same grit and determination he showed as a player a few years back in England then the club is in good hands.

Really pleased to see, the club and fans deserve a change in fortunes and need to be back where they belong in the SPL.

Great little club, great fans!

clap.gif

Poor game from 2 very average teams but good to see us grind out a result without ever looking like conceding or getting out of 2nd gear. 3 pts and 4th position may actually be a possibility.

1 real negative - decided to take my son and I and watch match in west stand instead of family stand. Never again!! The language and the attitude of fans sitting around us was abysmal and pretty disgusting and they were on the backs of the players at every opportunity- no wonder the gust don't play with any confidence with this support (or rather a few idiots)

As far as language is concerned, what did you expect?

This is why the club have a special stand with special rules.

The rest is annoying tome too. I don't see what reaction they expect from the players. More likely to cause them to offend your ears more.

Are you saying that there is no bad language and no criticism of players ever being heard in the family stand ?

Shankland looked offside for the goal but tucked it away nicely. Also , cant see why was the one from the corner disallowed ?

Officially , it was chopped off for a foul . I'm still unable to see where the foul is and the Dungbarton players don't seem to be looking for one . There is a guy in our support who you can hear shouting towards the ref' , "Explain yourself !!" biggrin.png

There is criticism which comes from the Family Stand.

I haven't heard any bad language over the last 3 years.

Maybe it was drowned out by the Tannoy System.

There cant be - that guy was shocked and will never go back to the west stand, although he may well have taken note that the "no swearing allowed" notice at the family stand and lack of at the other stands meant that swearing may occur therein.

Dumbarton had 0 strikers fit for the game, which may partly explain why our defence strolled it!

We've only conceded two goals in the last four games.

One of those was a dodgy penalty and the other was a deflection.

The defence has improved hugely since Rae's arrival, without question.

We've only conceded two goals in the last four games.

One of those was a dodgy penalty and the other was a deflection.

The defence has improved hugely since Rae's arrival, without question.

Any words of praise for our keeper after blaming him week in and week out?