Should We Stay Or Should We Go

Isle Of Bute Saint

Doubt it. For a start Oaksoft forgets that Scotland haven't joined the EU, that was the UK. It was the UK who helped create the rules and it's the UK that has retained a veto that means we can opt out of any EU policies we don't like. Had it not been for the power of the UK, being Better Together, then we'd have been just like Greece right now, taking it right up whatever orifice the German and French government choose to put it. Fortunately we are the UK and we are better together.

It's hard to forget something you didn't think in the first place.

There's no end to the amount of sweeping generalisations that our resident pseudo intellectual can post?

I appreciate I'm going out on a limb here but I very much doubt you are capable of judging my level of intellect but fill yer boots if it makes you happy. lol.gif

Of course if you are referring to another poster I am going to look quite the c**t.

Edited by oaksoft

U

It's hard to forget something you didn't think in the first place.

Oh sorry. Did I misunderstand your context? You wanted Scotland to be Independent yet you want to be in the EU. You responded to a post from BinEK saying it baffled him how the two could co-exist in the mind of one person. You responded that the tyrants in London told you how to spend your money whilst you'd made up the rules for the EU. Fair enough.....if it was true that Scotland had joined the EU and made up the rules.....but surely if the Tyrant governing you joins the EU and makes up the rules you've have had no involvement in the discussions Edited by Stuart Dickson

He's still f**ked then. We have tons of EU nationals living here.

The more the merrier I say. I find them altogther more pleasant, intellectually more rounded, more tolerant and in better health than many local Scots with better overall attitudes and a more positive outlook on life and society to go with it.

What's not to like?

That's probably because they don't understand what you're saying while the locals just don't understand WHY you say it!

Guest TPAFKATS

One minute you are calling me names, the next you are using me to back up your point.

Make up yer mind.

I wasn't making a point. I was trying to help another poster understand something.

I used ur post as you were making sense, you are capable of it now and again when you stop the superior shite.

U Oh sorry. Did I misunderstand your context? You wanted Scotland to be Independent yet you want to be in the EU. You responded to a post from BinEK saying it baffled him how the two could co-exist in the mind of one person. You responded that the tyrants in London told you how to spend your money whilst you'd made up the rules for the EU. Fair enough.....if it was true that Scotland had joined the EU and made up the rules.....but surely if the Tyrant governing you joins the EU and makes up the rules you've have had no involvement in the discussions

FFS Stuart even for you this is a pathetic line to take.

Clearly you need to be breastfed this so here goes…..

Scotland as part of the UK helped to build the EU.

Of course Scotland as part of the UK also helped build the UK.

There, the similarities end.

In the latter, the UK takes all our money and we have no way of legitimately stopping that now.

In the former we pay a membership fee.

How can you possibly not understand the difference?

That's probably because they don't understand what you're saying while the locals just don't understand WHY you say it!

In fairness the average local is pretty f**king thick.

You would have a point if foreigners didn't all, almost without exception, routinely display a better command of the English language than you or most of the others on here.

I'm all for constructive criticism though and I shall henceforth try to learn to start giving a f**k what locals think. It's a real struggle though. Seriously, why would anyone bother themselves with what the mediocritatti think? I'll give it a go though. You seem certain it'll be worth it. I have my doubts. Yesterday I passed two young guys who were comparing what "products" they used in their huge beards. Further on, three women were discussing the weekend where one of them apparently went on a "pure bender like".

Are you seriously asking me to give two f**ks what these sorts of people think?

Edited by oaksoft

I wasn't making a point. I was trying to help another poster understand something.

I used ur post as you were making sense, you are capable of it now and again when you stop the superior shite.

Why on earth would I ever stop the "superior shite"?

Why is it hard for you to accept that some people, naming no names but pointing furiously at myself, are simply better educated than you?

I'm the first to recognise brilliance in others that leaves me looking foolish. It happens. You shrug your shoulders and you carry on.

Why is your response to go into a blind fury?

Soar with the birds Tony. Soar with the birds.

Edited by oaksoft

Norway pays a fee to trade with the EU without becoming a member that is something the UK could do which would still amount to less than what we put in cash wise just now.

Listening to a Tory MP who is pro European going on about how we need to be part of a bigger picture in todays uncertainty over security in the world. The UK is part of NATO while our GHQ centre would still share intelligence. Pro Europeans will need to come out with a bit more than this nonsense.

I've never liked the term "better educated", it's really non-quantifiable. A more accurate term would be "more educated" as you have received more education than him. More education, though, doesn't necessarily make you more intelligent, it just means that you have had the chance to learn, or be taught, more "stuff".

Agree.

Some of the people I know with a Degree are unbelievably stupid. Just take a look at the pool of teachers in our local state schools.....

Stuart, should Brexit happen, then what does that mean for the hundreds of thousands of Little Englanders living in Spain, Portugal etc? Would you agree that they should be expelled as illegal migrants? Where will they all go. Maybe refugee camps in Dover?

Why are you asking me this? I've said I'm undecided on how I will vote and that I'll be swayed by the economic argument more than anything else. Like Oaksoft I've got no problem with EU migrants coming to the UK so long as they have skills that suppliment our industrial requirements but I do have reservations over complete freedom of movement and very obvious concerns about the lax border controls around the EU.

As a little aside though these "Little Englanders you refer to are exactly the kind of people who have been keeping troubled Spanish small businesses viable. Ex pats living in Spain have played a huge part in keeping the Spanish economy afloat. I don't think you'll find many Spaniards who want to send them home

I've never liked the term "better educated", it's really non-quantifiable. A more accurate term would be "more educated" as you have received more education than him. More education, though, doesn't necessarily make you more intelligent, it just means that you have had the chance to learn, or be taught, more "stuff".

You are quite correct. Knowing more stuff doesn't make you more intelligent.

Intelligence is about your ability to learn and adapt.

In schools one huge lesson learnt by educators in the past was that the people who were performing the worst were sometimes highly intelligent. On first appearances though they were treated as idiots. Counter intuitive but a brilliant insight by whoever came up with it.

You do however have to ask yourself what someone has to be capable of in this country to be able to have the chance to learn more "stuff" than others.

Just my simple take , but was Yorp not originally just a half dozen or so worthies who clubbed together for trading benefit back in the seventies ?

Now its an amalgam of countries many of whom have no base Industry, no secure and consistant means of Economic management, aka a bit of a shambles. Twenty eight or so card waving members at the last count.

FFS I think even my simple brain can see that this club is an utter cluster f**k of a mess just now. Who contributes net value and who just takes, well, erm ............................................erm.................................erm

I mean how and who exactly are going to be allowed in the Smoker, I mean its simply not for everybody. Perhaps a new HQ is the answer

Guest TPAFKATS

Why on earth would I ever stop the "superior shite"?

Why is it hard for you to accept that some people, naming no names but pointing furiously at myself, are simply better educated than you?

I'm the first to recognise brilliance in others that leaves me looking foolish. It happens. You shrug your shoulders and you carry on.

Why is your response to go into a blind fury?

Soar with the birds Tony. Soar with the birds.

This is your attempt at sarcasm, right?

Guest TPAFKATS

It's always better in these sorts of situations to be continually changing your mind about whether you want to be in or out.

Too much indecision.

I've found

out, in, out, repeat if necessary, works fine.

In fairness the average local is pretty f**king thick.

You would have a point if foreigners didn't all, almost without exception, routinely display a better command of the English language than you or most of the others on here.

I'm all for constructive criticism though and I shall henceforth try to learn to start giving a f**k what locals think. It's a real struggle though. Seriously, why would anyone bother themselves with what the mediocritatti think? I'll give it a go though. You seem certain it'll be worth it. I have my doubts. Yesterday I passed two young guys who were comparing what "products" they used in their huge beards. Further on, three women were discussing the weekend where one of them apparently went on a "pure bender like".

Are you seriously asking me to give two f**ks what these sorts of people think?

What? You mean because not one of those intellectual foreigners wanted to engage with you in high brow conversation you were reduced to eavesdropping/stalking those moronic locals?

Shame on them. This proves beyond a shadow of doubt that those said foreigners really are geniuses!

Edited by stlucifer

What? You mean because not one of those intellectual foreigners wanted to engage with you in high brow conversation you were reduced to eavesdropping/stalking those moronic locals?

Shame on them. This proves beyond a shadow of doubt that those said foreigners really are geniuses!

If you want to be understood, it would be a good idea to post in English.

I have no idea what you are getting at with that post but you have helped prove my point about the standard of English amongst locals.