Barcelona. Disrespectful Or Entertaining?

Buffs

It was within the laws of the game, if it happened against the Mirren I would probably be cursing for a few seconds then applaud the players that done it. I don't see it as disrespectful just intelligent players showing off clap.gif

Seen something on skysports yesterday about another team trying something similar and they totally ballsed it up. It was hilarious. The penalty taker never touched the ball and another player ran up and scored. Referee chopped it off

A penalty should be a shot at goal.I hate all this pish of passing or trying to chip the keeper.

Messi said he wanted Suarez to get a hat trick.....why did he not let him take the pen then?

Totally disrespectful,time new laws were brought in for the taking of pens.

Would Messi have done that in the last min of a World Cup or Champions League Final if the score was 0-0?

I don't think he would have so I say it's disrespectful.

I watched a pen shoot out between Peterboro and WBA last week.I was wanting Peterboro to win.Some young kid tried to be smart for Boro and missed and Boro went out.I was delighted.

Tell me this Dicko .....would you be happy if your boys team tried a pen like this?

Disrespectful?

Since when did we forget that football is about entertainment and fierce competition.

If I am paying huge sums of money to watch something I want to be entertained.

Showing respect can be done without dumbing down your own skills because your opponent couldn't be arsed working hard enough to attain the same level of skill.

Shaking hands, congratulating a winner and commiserating a loser is showing respect, as is not cheating and stopping for injuries.

Anything else is fair game. Anyone who doesn't like it should be considering taking up knitting.

Disrespectful?

Since when did we forget that football is about entertainment and fierce competition.

If I am paying huge sums of money to watch something I want to be entertained.

Showing respect can be done without dumbing down your own skills because your opponent couldn't be arsed working hard enough to attain the same level of skill.

Shaking hands, congratulating a winner and commiserating a loser is showing respect, as is not cheating and stopping for injuries.

Anything else is fair game. Anyone who doesn't like it should be considering taking up knitting.

They were ripping the pish out of fellow professionals and there was absolutely no need for it.

Would Messi have done that in the last min of a World Cup or Champions League Final if the score was 0-0?

I watched a pen shoot out between Peterboro and WBA last week.I was wanting Peterboro to win.Some young kid tried to be smart for Boro and missed and Boro went out.I was delighted.

Tell me this Dicko .....would you be happy if your boys team tried a pen like this?

But it not WC Final is it. Its the best player in the world entertaining. If Saints did it to Ton in 90th minute we would be applauding. Its not disrespect but it does have a lovely hint of arrogance about it. And there is nothing wrong with that if your as talented as they are

Yeah I would so long as we were in control of the match. But then I've got no problem with them showboating either.

Yeah I would so long as we were in control of the match. But then I've got no problem with them showboating either.

And that is the crucial point.

When you do this stuff it's very risky so you obviously don't do it in the last minute of the world cup unless you were already 4-0 ahead.

This topic sums up Scottish Football and it's fans. Most have forgotten that its meant to be fun and entertaining. Barcelona play football, but not as we know it!!!

It's a Scottish thing altogether.

Why are we no longer world leaders in anything anymore?

You'll find the answer in the depressingly familiar phrase - "don't get ideas above your station".

The mentality is not to encourage, praise and reward those who try to succeed - whether they manage it or not.

Instead the culture up here is very much about holding people back and it's driven by low achievers who don't want others to make them look bad by leaving them behind.

Anyone who has made anything of themselves will recognise this phrase and the difficult battle to overcome those from the well of life's mediocrity who spout it.

No wonder so many of our young graduates take the first opportunity to get out and move to London.

Edited by oaksoft

It's a Scottish thing altogether.

Why are we no longer world leaders in anything anymore?

You'll find the answer in the depressingly familiar phrase - "don't get ideas above your station".

The mentality is not to encourage, praise and reward those who try to succeed - whether they manage it or not.

Instead the culture up here is very much about holding people back and it's driven by low achievers who don't want others to make them look bad by leaving them behind.

Anyone who has made anything of themselves will recognise this phrase and the difficult battle to overcome those from the well of life's mediocrity who spout it.

No wonder so many of our young graduates take the first opportunity to get out and move to London.

I'll simplify that a bit...........micro managed in thought, aspiration, acheivement. The tail must always wag the dog these days from the bottom up , not the top down. Its a kinda perverse, or reverse capitalism

On topic, that penalty would have been ordered for a re take here. Not in the spirit of the game, or bringing the game into disrepute bollocks