Refering To The Snp As Natsis.

Bud the Baker

This is about continued abusive language by Stuart Dickson.

It's been deemed unacceptable even by the Scottish Conservatives so why does he get away with it here.

I've made numerous complaints to the moderators but they just seem to ignore it.

Now I've no intention of storming off in the huff and I don't see why I should go to the bother of putting SD on ignore - he should not be allowed to post offensive language and apologize for the numerous past offences or else be banned from the site.

OMG

Who postit that offensive word in the Title?

Lol

It's about the context in which it's used so you can go back to sitting at the back of the bus and sniggering with the big boys.

I'll open the challenge to you - show me somewhere that it would be deemed acceptable language.

Edited by Bud the Baker

It's been deemed unacceptable even by the Scottish Conservatives so why does he get away with it here.

I've made numerous complaints to the moderators but they just seem to ignore it.

Now I've no intention of storming off in the huff and I don't see why I should go to the bother of putting SD on ignore - he should not be allowed to post offensive language and apologize for the numerous past offences or else be banned from the site.

I voted yes and I also have voted SNP all my days.

However my mummy taught me that, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me".

Man up FFS.

A reasonable person would have said "Fair enough, I meant it as a bit of a joke and I've had my fun, I'll bow out".

The problem is that Dickson isn't a reasonable person.

We've tried to get him to stop and to reason with him but he's not interested.

The man is a grade A c**t.

Be grateful you don't have to have dealings with him.

It's about the context in which it's used so you can go back to sitting at the back of the bus and sniggering with the big boys.

I'll open the challenge to you - show me somewhere that it would be deemed acceptable language.

Berlin 1945?

Edited by DougJamie

A reasonable person would have said "Fair enough, I meant it as a bit of a joke and I've had my fun, I'll bow out".

The problem is that Dickson isn't a reasonable person.

We've tried to get him to stop and to reason with him but he's not interested.

The man is a grade A c**t.

Be grateful you don't have to have dealings with him.

Now that is personal abuse, whereas a reference to the SNP is only winding up dafties and trumpets.

You're seriously offended by the use of Natsis?

Oh you poor baby.... Want a cuddle?

Yeah it's offensive language and used in a deliberately offensive manner.

I'll repeat my challenge and open it to anyone else who cares - show me anywhere else it would be deemed acceptable.

Does your argument amount to anything more than BAWA is a small obscure corner of the internet and nobody else is bothered?

Why?

Because the Nazi party carried out genocidal programs on Jews, Gypsies and disabled people amongst others and SD is trying to imply that the SNP and people who vote SNP are inclined to intolerance because of the similarity in nomenclature. Like I've said it was deemed unacceptable by Ruth Davidson, the leader of the Scottish Conservative party during the referendum.

Now, can you show me where else the usage would be deemed acceptable?

You could have done the right thing and sorted it quietly but by not even answering me I've had to bring it up publically and you've been reduced to defending the indefensible.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Because the Nazi party carried out genocidal programs on Jews, Gypsies and disabled people amongst others and SD is trying to imply that the SNP and people who vote SNP are likewise inclined because of the similarity in nomenclature . Like I've said it was deemed unacceptable by Ruth Davidson, the leader of the Scottish Conservative party during the referendum.

Now, can you show me where else the usage would be deemed acceptable?

Oh come on, I think your taking this too literally. We all know what the Nazis did, but its also a loose meaning of control freaks. The Tories on here have been described as fascists and some of them have colorful pasts. Plus its Stuart Dickson, who is a wind up, or seriously (allegedly) deranged.

Let it go................. We have a massive game tomorrow and we need positive vibes and flowers and peace

I believe in free speech, but with free speech comes responsibility.

Take for instance this company's policy

So say an employee was spouting off supposed facts about the company's customers. How do you think that company would react?

Erm the details about Tesco and M&S energy savings were sourced from their corporate websites. rolleyes.gif

Still it's interesting that you once again adopt the tactic of the Natsi, attempting to bully and threaten your opponents into silence.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Oh come on, I think your taking this too literally. We all know what the Nazis did, but its also a loose meaning of control freaks. The Tories on here have been described as fascists and some of them have colorful pasts. Plus its Stuart Dickson, who is a wind up, or seriously (allegedly) deranged.

Let it go................. We have a massive game tomorrow and we need positive vibes and flowers and peace

Well I don't think Nazi/Natsi/control freak are interchangeable.

I've never called anyone a Fascist just for supporting the Conservative party and I would regard it as over the top and unacceptable.

On the one hand I'm well aware of SD's motives and that to an extent I'm playing into his hands but now that I've raised the topic I'm not going to let it lie.