St Mirren V Falkirk 1/3/16 A Tuesday Night Ffs

shull

Wasn't there but caught snippets on the wireless and it seemed a draw a fair result.One worrying factor is the lack of goals (1 in 4 games)and 11 in 11 games since Rae arrived. Where are the forwards ?

Fingers crossed we avoid the trap door again, I think we will do it.

The manager seemed quite pleased with the last two games, one point from 6 and no goals scored.

Well at least we can now see some light at the end of the tunnel. Been out of country since I attended the Dumbarton game which wasn't silky football but it was a win. Reading the report it seems we played half decent last night. Is 4th place possible? I'm not too sure but as long as we keep improving and get our confidence back that will certainly be a massive boost for next season.

I have a lot of confidence that our management set up with Alex Rae at the helm will steer us in the right direction next season. What we do definitely need is the support we have lost this season to come back now and cheer on our great team. No use waiting for next season to come around we need supporters back now and everyone will benefit from that.

Remember ............We are a proud club and "We are the Saints"!

I take it you weren't at either games ?

We more than matched The Ran£ers on sat and were the better team last night .

Maybe instead of catching snippets on the radio , you could go along to the game and witness first hand the improvement in the team .

In stark contrast Falkirk manager, Peter Houston, didn’t seem to know which incident he was being asked about when asked for his thoughts after the game. He said; “Which penalty incident? Who for?

“I didn’t see anything I thought was anything like a penalty. St Mirren players seemed to be going down easily and were looking to influence the referee and I feel some of the bookings we got were harsh. It was never a penalty in my view.

Just spotted this on the official site. I know we all see the game from our own team's perspective, but how could any manager suggest that the other team had players "going down easily" after watching the performances of his own Lee Miller & Miles Hippolyte!?

Houston appears quite popular in the game, but never fails to come across as talking anything but blinkered pish in his post match interviews.

In stark contrast Falkirk manager, Peter Houston, didn’t seem to know which incident he was being asked about when asked for his thoughts after the game. He said; “Which penalty incident? Who for?

“I didn’t see anything I thought was anything like a penalty. St Mirren players seemed to be going down easily and were looking to influence the referee and I feel some of the bookings we got were harsh. It was never a penalty in my view.

Just spotted this on the official site. I know we all see the game from our own team's perspective, but how could any manager suggest that the other team had players "going down easily" after watching the performances of his own Lee Miller & Miles Hippolyte!?

Houston appears quite popular in the game, but never fails to come across as talking anything but blinkered pish in his post match interviews.

I heard his interview on sportsound and he failed to mention that Clarkson had the ball in the net, which looked to be well onside but was chalked off.

As well as Will Vaulks throwing himself to the floor after Clarkson closed him down

I hope so, but we still have a few key signings to make this summer to maintain / improve the squad.

Shankland probably won't be here, same for Thommo so in my view we'll need two forwards. Mallan will be away, Howieson and Agnew probably punted as they are pish so we'll need a few midfielders too.

Also need to factor in that Webster and Goodwin will be a year older...

I have no doubts about his eye for a player. He obviously has decent contacts in the game going by his January signings.

I'm actually excited to see Alex build his own squad.

I am genuinely impressed by the way that Rae has turned the team around. I must admit, when he was appointed I thought this was a rubbish appointment, I don't think I could have been any more wrong. I must apologise and admit I am genuinely impressed. Last night was the most fight I have seen for years. Shame about the officials. We should have won. But it was a clean sheet.

On an aside Jack Baird was outstanding (the rest of the defence was pretty good too)

I take it you weren't at either games ?

We more than matched The Ran£ers on sat and were the better team last night .

Maybe instead of catching snippets on the radio , you could go along to the game and witness first hand the improvement in the team .

Already made my intentions clear. Wont be paying £20 a time to watch second division football.

Also doubt if there has been any improvement, from what I saw on Saturday.

In stark contrast Falkirk manager, Peter Houston, didn’t seem to know which incident he was being asked about when asked for his thoughts after the game. He said; “Which penalty incident? Who for?“I didn’t see anything I thought was anything like a penalty. St Mirren players seemed to be going down easily and were looking to influence the referee and I feel some of the bookings we got were harsh. It was never a penalty in my view.Just spotted this on the official site. I know we all see the game from our own team's perspective, but how could any manager suggest that the other team had players "going down easily" after watching the performances of his own Lee Miller & Miles Hippolyte!?Houston appears quite popular in the game, but never fails to come across as talking anything but blinkered pish in his post match interviews.

Houston is and has always been a total prick, despite what people from within the game think of him. His post match comments confirm that he talks utter shite. Falkirk were full of dirty sneaky wee bastards who knew exactly how to mix it at every opportunity

I understand the point re the pricing, but if the people who are going to games thinks there are clears signs of improvement (and let's face it, most of us have a pessimistic edge when it comes to St Mirren), how much weight can put on the view of someone who doesn't go, doesn't think Rae will do a good job for us and doubts if there's been any improvement?

Never mind the effect of better football on the crowds, just look at the effect on this thread.

All very positive.

Two things probably need mentioned here.

Firstly, this good form has come as a result of building on early wins against lowly Alloa. That is why beating those teams is so vital. Confidence is built from any sort of win whatsoever.

Secondly, the current board genuinely need to be congratulated on making a tough decision to end someone's employment just before Christmas and replace him. That decision was made quickly and firmly and this time the consequences have turned out well. I think credit has to be given to the board for this. Without that decision I have no doubts that we would be where Alloa are now.

Onwards and upwards.

I understand the point re the pricing, but if the people who are going to games thinks there are clears signs of improvement (and let's face it, most of us have a pessimistic edge when it comes to St Mirren), how much weight can put on the view of someone who doesn't go, doesn't think Rae will do a good job for us and doubts if there's been any improvement?

SFA? wink.png

Main stand assistant lines person:

Webster kicked in the pus within 10 yards of him - didn't see it.

Heady tennis melee in midfield, Falkirk player punches it - didn't see it.

WWF moves whilst defending a corner - didn't see it.

Langfield stops the ball on-ish the goal line on the far side of the goals - he can see both the ball and the line through langfield's body!

Maybe the line screamed as the ball crossed it? A well practiced scream seemed to secure most decisions.

Getting hit with the ball and awarding Falkirk a free kick for it

Making the rules as you go along

I'm sure the ref will claim that he had seen a foul committed and was playing advantage.

When the ball played him, Falkirk lost any advantage and play was taken back to the free kick award.

Win on Saturday against Raith and we are still in with a chance , outside chance but still a chance.

When Rae took over it was all about consolidation with one eye on players for next season. Here we are me at least saying there is an out side chance of 4th place. Rae has done a great job lets not forget what a terrible mess Ian Murray had us in. Imagine there will be a major clear out in the summer

Don't we do that every year anyway