St Mirren V Falkirk 1/3/16 A Tuesday Night Ffs

shull

....and we would have a team competing in league two with lack of income. Lowering the price wont bring a mass amount extra through the turnstiles.

It's all very laudable to have sensible , realistic pricing.

However, until wage ceilings and gate prices are set at a fixed level for each team in their specific leagues, in order to make it a level playing field, then it isn't going to happen.

One bad move from Gow was all i noticed, had a player free in the centre and hit his pass too slowly to him, Falkirk guy cut it out and set up an attack

He is going to get a run now as Rae has exhausted all other options. Agnew is crap and costs games, tried them and their isnt a youth option, it isnt Mallan's forte... He certainly owes a quarter of a season!

He is going to get a run now as Rae has exhausted all other options. Agnew is crap and costs games, tried them and their isnt a youth option, it isnt Mallan's forte... He certainly owes a quarter of a season!

Cooper will be slotted back in once his hamstring is ok.

That said, one pass apart... That guy in Gows shirt last night looked class! Who was he?

Cooper will be slotted back in once his hamstring is ok.

That said, one pass apart... That guy in Gows shirt last night looked class! Who was he?

Not sure heard people referring to him as Gowser, thought he was to tall. The mystery remains!!!!

People would moan it was too dear whatever price it was.

As with any product or service, if you don't believe it's value for money don't pay it.

Thousands do regardless and if we are up the top end of the table next year the fair weathers will be back.

That was pretty much my thoughts on it. I think the moans and groans would be a lot quieter if the performances were up to a decent standard.

Some Falkirk fans on P&B were having a dig that we were charging premiership prices... Falkirk charge £18 so only £2 of a difference.

For me personally as long as I can afford to go, then I will be there. Going to the football is what I do on a Saturday. In the same token, I can understand that some don't.

They also charge a fiver for parking with very little street parking around .

So it's really £23 - rip off barstards .

But they have a good view... Let you choose your seat... And advertise the Samaritans in the away stand. Classy. Value for money! ;) Edited by BuddieinEK

Why would that delight me? I asked a straightforward question and you come up with an assumption based on? IIRC, your previous complaint was around not paying £20 to watch second division football and I was just curious to know if you would do so if we were league leaders? I guess you will only go back when we are a SPL club again but by then you will probably have to pay a lot more.

It's the same price as we paid in the SPL

....and we would have a team competing in league two with lack of income. Lowering the price wont bring a mass amount extra through the turnstiles.

And crowd figures on Tuesday night would seem to highlight the problem with simply ignoring this and hoping things will improve if we keep winning games. We could well be screwed either way.

Why would that delight me? I asked a straightforward question and you come up with an assumption based on? IIRC, your previous complaint was around not paying £20 to watch second division football and I was just curious to know if you would do so if we were league leaders? I guess you will only go back when we are a SPL club again but by then you will probably have to pay a lot more.

Hi Ned, sorry if I sounded a bit off in my last reply. I am really just trying to make a stand against admission prices which almost everyone agrees are set far too high for the standard of football in this country.

I think that after such a wretched season last year (and for a few before that)it was a real nerve by Saints to charge the same as last season but in a division below. Wouldn't you agree ?

Historically the prices keep going up but I feel the price ceiling has been breached already and even the English are protesting about their own admission prices. Look at the recent crowds, barely over 2,000 fans attending these days and whilst poor football and results are part of this, the admission costs must also contribute.

I am just taking a personal stand against this and will not be back as a glory hunter (not that there is anything glorious about Saints at present)until those in charge get their act together.

We are miles better under Rae. A different team. 10 points from last 12 avail at home. IM would have probably got 2 and we would be easily in 9th.

Even Gow looks different.

There is no denying AR has unified the players and got them all onside.

Still firmly believe we will get 4th..... Its getting interesting with Hibs loosing their mojo and its game on.

Hi Ned, sorry if I sounded a bit off in my last reply. I am really just trying to make a stand against admission prices which almost everyone agrees are set far too high for the standard of football in this country.I think that after such a wretched season last year (and for a few before that)it was a real nerve by Saints to charge the same as last season but in a division below. Wouldn't you agree ?Historically the prices keep going up but I feel the price ceiling has been breached already and even the English are protesting about their own admission prices. Look at the recent crowds, barely over 2,000 fans attending these days and whilst poor football and results are part of this, the admission costs must also contribute.I am just taking a personal stand against this and will not be back as a glory hunter (not that there is anything glorious about Saints at present)until those in charge get their act together.

Fair point mate. I agree with you that prices are a key point to someone deciding whether or not to go to watch a game, particularly in adverse weather and all the additional costs; transport, programme, drinks etc. Much tougher on those with kids and you begin to see why going to football can be very expensive. No doubt many see a better use of their money when the fare on show is not that good. I personally feel that football is pricing itself out of many people's budgets and that is something that needs addressing. The rise in player salaries has not helped, particularly at the top clubs, which means our clubs need to get the finance primarily through the gates unlike the EPL who are cash rich from TV yet still charge extortionate prices to attend (£90 at Arsenal).

Back on track, I feel that with a good summer clear out and recruitment Alex Rae will have us challenging again.

Edited by nedflanders123

IMO £10 for an adult and £5 for 16 to 18 year olds and concessions.

Under 16s should be free when accompanied by an adult.

Also seats should be first come first served, no tickets required.

Pay at the gate for everyone including paying by card to avoid theft by staff at the gates.

There should be a commitment to have that level of pricing at every match for at least one season and we should advertise that everywhere.

None of this is brain surgery and would be easily afforded if we had sound financial management which ensured we kept money back for a rainy day.

IMO that would have an effect.

The club is competing with the cinema and it is our competitors which force the pricing policy not the size of footballers wages.

We are still struggling to come to terms with the fact that players wages are still far too high for the job they are employed in.

You are absolutely kidding yourself on here. The cinema shows films, the people in those films and involved in the creation of those films are paid out of a global pot of money from customers and multi million pound advertising. The cinema is only looking to meet costs and has numerous showings per week. Saint Mirren football club host football matches, the people in those matches and involved in the running of those matches are paid out of a local pot of money from us and very minimal advertising/sponsorship. Of course policy is defined by wages, the players don't appear for free. Saint Mirren are also looking to cover all costs, including the cost of running the Ralston area.

You're evidently struggling to come to terms with basic facts.

Pay the players bus fares and get the admission prices down.

All other Clubs would have to do the same.

Honestly, the majority of Scottish players are shite at their trade and don't deserve to make a living out of it.

They can get themselves real employment outwith the beautiful game.

Pay the players bus fares and get the admission prices down.

All other Clubs would have to do the same.

Honestly, the majority of Scottish players are shite at their trade and don't deserve to make a living out of it.

They can get themselves real employment outwith the beautiful game.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

What sort of a dinosaur are you.................................daftosauris? 1eye.gif

Going by the highlights, if we had a bit more composure in our finishing we would have won comfortably. Confidence can take time to grow especially after our car crash of early season. There seemed to be a bit more urgency and purpose with the players understanding their respective roles. That in itself is an improvement. Ever the optimist, don't write off 4th place just yet! Sadly I won't get to a game this season, maybe that's a good thing. God I miss the fitba'!