St Mirren V Falkirk 1/3/16 A Tuesday Night Ffs

shull

ouch.

At the time I thought he probably was offside.

Not at all by the looks of that.

I thought that it wasn't offside at the time as the linesman hesitated to put the flag up. He nearly let it go it was clear that he wasn't sure. It's difficult to see for the linesman as Clarkson was on the move when the ball was played and appeared offside when the ball arrived.

You are absolutely kidding yourself on here. The cinema shows films, the people in those films and involved in the creation of those films are paid out of a global pot of money from customers and multi million pound advertising. The cinema is only looking to meet costs and has numerous showings per week. Saint Mirren football club host football matches, the people in those matches and involved in the running of those matches are paid out of a local pot of money from us and very minimal advertising/sponsorship. Of course policy is defined by wages, the players don't appear for free. Saint Mirren are also looking to cover all costs, including the cost of running the Ralston area.

You're evidently struggling to come to terms with basic facts.

Basic facts like the attendance on Tuesday night?

All very interesting stuff but the man on the street doesnt think like this. He just compares two numbers and works out which is better value for money.

Its him you should be having a go at. I am just explaining why he isnt coming to the football anymore.

At what point do football peole start to show some understanding of the basic economics which control their customers lives?

ouch.

At the time I thought he probably was offside.

Not at all by the looks of that.

Screen shot of offside. It's Clarkson on the far left who's flagged.

Unbelievable.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1457048238.393211.jpg

Oh FFS you cant tell if its offiside from a still photograph and an angle of about 60 degrees from where the linesman is.

Who said it was Clarkson who was offside anyway?

No wonder I continually use the word simpleton to describe people around here.

Edited by oaksoft

I thought that it wasn't offside at the time as the linesman hesitated to put the flag up. He nearly let it go it was clear that he wasn't sure. It's difficult to see for the linesman as Clarkson was on the move when the ball was played and appeared offside when the ball arrived.

Who said it was Clarkson who was offside?

Who said it was Clarkson who was offside?

Going with the current offside rules Clarkson is the only player who could be deemed to be infringing the offside rule.

Any other player in an offside position is doing so legally and not deemed to be an offence according to the offside rule.

Oh FFS you cant tell if its offiside from a still photograph and an angle of about 60 degrees from where the linesman is.

There's lines on the pitch oaky. Look at them. He's clearly several yards behind the last defender.

If someone other than Clarkson was given offside then it's an incorrect call also, as no one else was interfering with play.

You don't have the first idea about football do you?

:lol:

Edited by TopCat

Going with the current offside rules Clarkson is the only player who could be deemed to be infringing the offside rule.

Any other player in an offside position is doing so legally and not deemed to be an offence according to the offside rule.

Well said... you just outed a self-confessed simpleton!

It is a split second decision and if you freeze frame just a second later, it is easy to see why someone not absolutely in line , up with play or initially looking elsewhere would call it as offside.

What I will say is that it was beautiful forward play and a cracking finish from Clarkson.

post-6025-0-62120000-1457090697_thumb.pn

lol.giflol.giflol.gif Brilliant !! The font of all wisdom shows himself to be nothing more than the very thing he calls others......

A Simpleton !!. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

You'll need to explain that because you certainly can't tell that from the photo.

There are three Saints players available to the person who is about to kick the ball.

The linesman has no idea where who that ball is going to and all 3 of them are in reasonable proximity to each other.

All could be said to be interfering with play.

Edited by oaksoft

You'll need to explain that because you certainly can't tell that from the photo.

There are three Saints players available to the person who is about to kick the ball.

The linesman has no idea where who that ball is going to and all 3 of them are in reasonable proximity to each other.

bangin.gif

The ruling I think you might be getting confused about was changed a good few years ago, hence the daft scenario whereby the flag is only raised when the player has 'contact' with the ball.

They do not become active until the ball reaches them. Stick to posting rubbish....... Oh wait!

There are actually 10 other players available. God you`re dim.

Basic facts like the attendance on Tuesday night?

All very interesting stuff but the man on the street doesnt think like this. He just compares two numbers and works out which is better value for money.

Its him you should be having a go at. I am just explaining why he isnt coming to the football anymore.

At what point do football peole start to show some understanding of the basic economics which control their customers lives?

Has to be said, I think our current board's understanding is head and shoulders above yours. Look, I've been there and seen it at Ebbsfleet where it was a group of imbeciles running things. Our club hasn't been that bad since Lewis Kane left, maybe Paton...Patton? Anyway, point is that we don't curently have a board looking at money coming in and multiplying it by three before calculating outgoings. Not sure our highest earner, but it must surely have dropped as a result of relegation. The attendance on Tuesday night was affected by more factors than price and you know it. To combat them all and even be successful part time we'd need to play 36 matches on dry days during let's say August with a squad of 18 local players who each have other jobs that mean neither of the 36 games can be played midweek and we'd just use those 18 until they die and replace them with the first person who can kick a ball straight.

O dear

Someone take that shovel off him

Naw. The old offside was awful. Someone could be tying a shoelace at the corner flag and any goal scored would be offside. Or a winger cuts a ball back and a goal is disallowed for offside. The new rule is a big improvement. Just need the linesmen to go on a course and it will be fine. :)