St Mirren V Falkirk 1/3/16 A Tuesday Night Ffs

shull

FT 0-0

Bah, frustrating stuff. Not really good enough for us. Wasn't a bad game for a 0-0 actually, both sides had decent chances.

On the plus side we defended pretty well, young Baird outstanding again. That's only 3 goals conceded in the last 6 games. A huge improvement since the dark days of Murray, if only we had appointed Alex in the summer.

Some bizarre decisions from the ref tonight. Not least where a Falkirk player blasts it off his napper and he gives a free kick to Falkirk :lol: . Also thought that along with our two penalty shouts which was turned down first half Clarkson had a perfectly good goal chopped off for offside just after the break.

If anyone is good with numbers. Had the team under murray taken as many points as under rae where would we be sitting roughly?

EDIT: Tried and got to somewhere in the region of 48 points. Clear 4th and thats without deducting any from others. im crap at ma sums

At least this past few months has been more enjoyable than the season start and the last few years in the SPL. Kinda exciting knowing every game could end up with any team on top.

Edited by LoganSMFC

The best we've looked attacking since Rae came in, shame about the finishing.

We were crying out for something creative from midfield to help Shankland and Clarkson good work.

Baird was very good. Good to see him holding his own defensively and causing problems on the end of Shankland long throws.

I'd have taken 4 from tonight and Saturday, so it's a start.

Edit to add, a score draw would have been fair, they missed some absolute sitters the start of the second half.

Edited by gc_SMFC

Quite enjoyed the game tonight and imo probably should have won the game. We definitely created more clear cut chances than Falkirk and Clarkston's goal was very unlucky to be chopped off.

I thought Jack Baird was outstanding tonight, he's came on leaps and bounds since Alex Rae has came in. In fact the defence as a whole, look a lot better.

The effort and the chances were there tonight, hopefully we can add the finishing touch and prepare for a playoff place next season.

Fair result overall.

It was a decent match for a 0-0 draw, despite the best efforts of the cretinous officials.

We remain too lightweight in the midfield. Oh for an Alex Neil or Steven Thomson type of player in there.

Huge improvement over our last game against them, however, and encouraging progress.

Another disgraceful performance again. But not by St.Mirren. The officials were dreadful. It ended up fans not shouting at decision but laughing. The ref was a clown. But thought we played really well Baird and Webster at the back were excellent backed up really well by Watson and Irvine. Rocco Quinn was tireless in Midfield, he had a great game. Upfront thought Clarkson works really hard for the team. Shankland needs to work on his first touch. But he's young and hopefully he will learn. What Clangers was doing at the end trying to dribble out I will never know. But it was a decent game despite poor officials.

Edited by santaponsasaint

Another disgraceful performance again. But not by St.Mirren. The officials were dreadful. It ended up fans not shouting at decision but laughing. The ref was a clown. But thought we played really well Baird and Webster at the backed were excellent back up really by Watson and Irvine. Rocco Quinn was tireless in Midfield, he had a great game. Upfront thought Clarkson works really hard for the team. Shankland needs to work on his first touch. But he's young and hopefully he will learn. What Clangers was doing at the end trying to dribble out I will never know. But it was a decent game despite poor officials.

Getting hit with the ball and awarding Falkirk a free kick for it

Making the rules as you go along

The players scrapped for everything tonight and as has been mentioned several times, the officiating was often baffling at best and absolutely incompetent at worst. The Clarkson goal looked to be perfectly good and our two penalty shouts could both have been given without being controversial.

All in all a decent fighting performance against a top three team, I remain positive that AR is moving us in the right direction.

Huge improvement from the Murray era. I thought we were really unlucky not to have won the match. We are much stronger in midfield and were able to stand up to Falkirk's tough tackling and power in the middle of the park. We had to stand up to them for a 15 minute period in the second half when earlier in the season we would have collapsed.

Now for a statement that I can't believe I'm writing, "I thought Gow done really well when he came on." No kidding I am serious.

Edited by Kendo