Bring A Buddie - St Mirren V Qos 12Th March 2016

shull

Tony was telling about this on Saturday. He has visions of Saints fans in all 4 stands roaring us to success. He really wants to fill the place or as near to as he can week in week out.

Great enthusiasm and drive, unfortunately I don't think the local community and even our existing fans share the same enthusiasm at present.

That's a fair point. You could buy the two tickets, save your Buddie a tenner (off a standard £20 ticket) and sit together anyway.

Still seems like a daft idea to me.

That's what I will likely do but surely if they really want a bigger crowd they should put the Queens fans in the north stand and give the whole west stand to us. If this idea came from Tony then I wouldn't be surprise, but surely someone else at the club must have looked at the idea the same way as the fans have done. As you say, daft idea.

Edited by renfrew

Tony was telling about this on Saturday. He has visions of Saints fans in all 4 stands roaring us to success. He really wants to fill the place or as near to as he can week in week out.

Great enthusiasm and drive, unfortunately I don't think the local community and even our existing fans share the same enthusiasm at present.

Enthusiasm is great, but get the away fans in the away end, and if you start getting too full in W6 and W7 revisit the idea, possibly move the iron curtain from the west stand to the north stand and segregate that stand or fit a new iron curtain in the north stand, that gives you flexibility in both stands.

Pick a game with a low attendance expected...not hard.

Inform ST holders that in order to increase crowds and revenue you want to try an experiment and although you know it will inconvenience some, you hope they will at least give it a try and support it... and that in response to that support you will reward their inconvenience.

You make that one game all seats unreserved... But allow every ST holders to bring a friend for free and any additional friends for a fiver.

West stand filled with friends sitting together... Everybody has a great time.

The end.

I love a good fairytale!

Inform ST holders that in order to increase crowds and revenue you want to try an experiment and although you know it will inconvenience some, you hope they will at least give it a try and support it... and that in response to that support you will reward their inconvenience.

You make that one game all seats unreserved... But allow every ST holders to bring a friend for free and any additional friends for a fiver.

The end.

I love a good fairytale!

You can take "nice but dim" Tony's place straight away. ????

The end.

I love a good fairytale!

Almost (but not quite) as ridiculous an idea as the clubs lol.gif

I think reserved seating needs to be scrapped from next season. Its always been a ridiculous notion that a season ticket allows you to reserve a seat, especially when this season you could get a free season ticket with your adult one meaning many more season tickets were sold than supporters ever turning up at matches. That said the marketing in this is utterly stupid. A quarter full stadium and the club are asking fans to bring friends who won't even be allowed to sit in the same building as them. There's plenty of competition over the years when it comes to silly ideas at St Mirren but this has to rank right up there with the daftest.

Why not just sell reduced tickets for said stand and that way not frustrating any season ticket holders happy to stay in own seat etc, you are gonna get same out come, even a package for next few home games or something to entice fans

In any "business", the biggest source of new customers are existing customers.

Reducing prices on it's own will run the risk of reducing income and not creating enough of an increase.

For me, the key is to tap into what is left of the existing fanbase and use them to generate more support.

That has been tried here, but the restrictions make it too convoluted to make a significant difference imho.

In any "business", the biggest source of new customers are existing customers.

Reducing prices on it's own will run the risk of reducing income and not creating enough of an increase.

For me, the key is to tap into what is left of the existing fanbase and use them to generate more support.

That has been tried here, but the restrictions make it too convoluted to make a significant difference imho.

IF, and I doubt we'd get a significant increase if they let people in for free, the numbers DID increase it's surely worth taking a small financial hit to see if any continued to attend?

It's a long hard battle to increase a fan base, mainly driven by success, unlikely a "one off" reduction would really make any difference in the long term.

I'm kind of with Munoz on this one.

The only surefire way of increasing the crowds is to have a successful, attractive team on the park. Even then it's a difficult ask unless we make it less expensive for walk up punters on the day to come along and improve the matchday experience as much as we can.

I think season ticket holders get a good deal on ticket pricing when all said and done. They are generally speaking the sort of people who will go along and watch the team through hail, rain and shine and wheher we are good or bad. They invest up front and rightly get preferential pricing as a result but the pricing for ad-hoc punters is too high IMO and we make it difficult for them to come by insisting on ticketing every match.

A single cash gate on the day shouldn't be beyond us in 2016.

Reserved seating is a tough one as well. I quite like knowing where I'll be sitting even if I rock up at 2 mins to 3 and I know all the people I'll be sitting around but I do get that this reduces the atmosphere a bit and also causes issues when people want to bring pals along.

Scrapping reserved seating per se might not be possible but you could I guess say that the West Stand could go unreserved and that if any existing season ticket holders in the West wanted a reserved seat they could be relocated to the Main?

I'm not entirely sure what the answer is but there are things the club should be investigating with the help of the fans council, SMiSA, the supporters buses and the disabled fans group to try and come up with some ideas.

Quite apart from the fact its QOS this game is against (for the third time in a month)which would hardly have fans rushing the gates even at the best of times, the idea of trying to tempt fans ....sorry, only season ticket holders...to bring a friend and then bid them farewell at the turnstile is clearly nonsense.

The only credible element is that for once the price reflects the product, £5.

The main reason I buy a season Ticket is not because it is cheaper but is because I know where I will be sitting whatever time I turn up at. Take that away I would stop buying a ST and just pay at the gate. If I miss a few games i save money but the Club loses out. know a few ST holders who would not renew if not guarenteed their seat.Neither do I wish to be made to sit in the main stand.

open behind the goals for away supporters and there are plenty of seats for whoever wishes to sit together

The main reason I buy a season Ticket is not because it is cheaper but is because I know where I will be sitting whatever time I turn up at. Take that away I would stop buying a ST and just pay at the gate. If I miss a few games i save money but the Club loses out. know a few ST holders who would not renew if not guarenteed their seat.Neither do I wish to be made to sit in the main stand.

open behind the goals for away supporters and there are plenty of seats for whoever wishes to sit together

Yes fair comment mate. I think the club needs to look at the visiting support issue. Closing the North and letting the smaller supports into W6 and W7 has pissed off a lot of punters in the West. Since these two areas are already "unreserved" for that very reason maybe the best option is to always re-locate smaller away supports into the North corner of the main stand and leave W6 and W7 as unreserved seating areas on a first come first served basis on matchday.

Understand that if Rangers & Hibs come then those two areas would be given up but the other larger supports like Falkirk and Morton can easily be accommodated in the North. So for 7 out of 9 games we could offer unreserved seating in the West without impacting on any season ticket holders at all.

Using this bring a buddie scheme any ST holder bringing pals could happily sit with them in W6 and W7, and the QoS support accommodated in the North end of the Main Stand.