Bring A Buddie - St Mirren V Qos 12Th March 2016

shull

Yes fair comment mate. I think the club needs to look at the visiting support issue. Closing the North and letting the smaller supports into W6 and W7 has pissed off a lot of punters in the West. Since these two areas are already "unreserved" for that very reason maybe the best option is to always re-locate smaller away supports into the North corner of the main stand and leave W6 and W7 as unreserved seating areas on a first come first served basis on matchday.

Understand that if Rangers & Hibs come then those two areas would be given up but the other larger supports like Falkirk and Morton can easily be accommodated in the North. So for 7 out of 9 games we could offer unreserved seating in the West without impacting on any season ticket holders at all.

Using this bring a buddie scheme any ST holder bringing pals could happily sit with them in W6 and W7, and the QoS support accommodated in the North end of the Main Stand.

But I like my ST seat at the north end of the Main Stand! Well, when I say "like", I mean that it's better than most of the remaining unreserved seats if I was shunted to the other end. It also might be an issue that you've only got two relatively small sections at each end of the Main Stand before the "premium", slightly padded seating starts.

I buy a ST for me and my boy purely for convenience so that I don't need to buy tickets for every game. If that was for unreserved seating, I'd be happy enough since there would generally be plenty reasonable seats to go around, particularly if you pitch up before 5 to 3! As it is, there are very few seats around me that aren't reserved for ST holders so on the odd occasion that a mate comes along, it's difficult to get seats together.

I think unreserved seating would help the atmosphere and would make it more attractive for people to bring mates along. The main thing that would help though is a decent team on the pitch.

Yes fair comment mate. I think the club needs to look at the visiting support issue. Closing the North and letting the smaller supports into W6 and W7 has pissed off a lot of punters in the West. Since these two areas are already "unreserved" for that very reason maybe the best option is to always re-locate smaller away supports into the North corner of the main stand and leave W6 and W7 as unreserved seating areas on a first come first served basis on matchday.

Understand that if Rangers & Hibs come then those two areas would be given up but the other larger supports like Falkirk and Morton can easily be accommodated in the North. So for 7 out of 9 games we could offer unreserved seating in the West without impacting on any season ticket holders at all.

Using this bring a buddie scheme any ST holder bringing pals could happily sit with them in W6 and W7, and the QoS support accommodated in the North end of the Main Stand.

That doesn't make sense to me either. If the club don't want to open up one stand, why not just scrap segregation and let the QoS fans fill the thousands of empty seats around the stadium. It's not as though there has been a tradition problem between the fans of both clubs.

The premise of the promotion is utterly ridiculous though. Who the hell brings a mate to the game and then tells them outside the stadium that they are going to have to sit in another building on their own? Yet that's exactly what the club is suggesting people do here. Tony Fitzpatrick is one of my biggest heroes and I'm delighted to see him back in senior football but if this the standard of decision making he's going to be coming away with he's going to be an absolute disaster as CEO.

It looks to me like they've over thought the whole promotion. Motherwell run similar schemes every season and they have never told fans brining their friends that they'll need to split at the gate and enter into different stands. Here we're talking about a three quarter empty stadium, almost 6,000 empty seats, and yet because of the reserved seating problem caused by the expectations of season ticket holders - many of whom took advantage of their free child season ticket with each adult season ticket just to reserve seats around them (seats that have remained empty all season long) - they look like they've completely lost the plot with one of the most irrational marketing decisions I've ever seen made at a Scottish Football Ground. Hopefully someone will see sense and fix this nonsense.

they look like they've completely lost the plot with one of the most irrational marketing decisions I've ever seen made at a Scottish Football Ground. Hopefully someone will see sense and fix this nonsense.

It's not like you to blow things completely out of proportion and put a hugely negative slant on it.

Oh, wait..................

The Club have made a total arse of it.

There is no positive.

That's not true at all.

The positives are that the club are trying to do something to encourage new fans to come along and that they are offering cheap tickets to allow them to do that. The implementation of that plan might not be particularly good, but that doesn't take away the positive intention.

To label it "one of the most irrational marketing decisions I've ever seen made at a Scottish Football Ground" is a ridiculous statement to make.

I think all that is required to fix it is that season ticket holders, regardless of their seat, should be able to access the North Stand with their bring along pals on this particular game and that there is no reserved seating in the North Stand.

Problem solved. It's really not that difficult to fix.

If Clubs in Scotland had a clue what they are doing they would all get together and come up with...

PART TIME FOR ALL

RESERVE FOOTBALL

70 Quid Season Ticket

£5 entry fee at Gate for Adults and a quid for weans.

We really are getting treated like shite presently.

We are a so called professional Club who have had a f**king mumbling Tannoy System for 6 years.

Joke

That's not true at all.

The positives are that the club are trying to do something to encourage new fans to come along and that they are offering cheap tickets to allow them to do that. The implementation of that plan might not be particularly good, but that doesn't take away the positive intention.

To label it "one of the most irrational marketing decisions I've ever seen made at a Scottish Football Ground" is a ridiculous statement to make.

I think all that is required to fix it is that season ticket holders, regardless of their seat, should be able to access the North Stand with their bring along pals on this particular game and that there is no reserved seating in the North Stand.

Did nobody in authority read the statement yesterday before it was posted?

f**king laughable.

Edited by shull

That's not true at all.

The fact there was a half baked idea made public and as you say needs fixing shows a level of amateurism that feeds the belief we are a MIckey Mouse club.

If many forum members can see the flaws, and I don't include the "criticise for the sake of it" team, why can't the person/people responsible within the club?

The fact there was a half baked idea made public and as you say needs fixing shows a level of amateurism that feeds the belief we are a MIckey Mouse club.

If many forum members can see the flaws, and I don't include the "criticise for the sake of it" team, why can't the person/people responsible within the club?

I can't really answer that mate. No idea who made the decision or how it was thought through. Personally speaking I can't see it being much of a success unless it is "fixed".

It's absurd that people would bring pals along to a game and then not sit with them. Absolutely no disagreement from me there.

If they can see the flaws, then it's not a problem.