Bring A Buddie - St Mirren V Qos 12Th March 2016

shull

Anyone who is a true St Mirren supporter has it in their blood. Many decide they would rather do something else and don't go as often, they are perfectly entitled to do so. Even when are at our lowest in terms of product on the park and general atmosphere at the club i have never considered stopping going. I don't profess to be a super fan or any of that nonsense but it's either in you or it's not.

you have it or you don't. You might pretend you don't have it but you do why else would you post here that is the bottom line. St mirren is a great club we are not big but we kick above our weight half the time that's what makes us magic. We hit rock bottom then hit magic heights. It's always been that way and always will. Proud to be a buddie.

Probably because he's a sad, lonely individual with illusions of grandeur and needs the time to do research, (usually badly), on any given subject in an attempt to give the impression he knows everything about everything but basically knows the square root of Feckall.

Hope this helps.

The home form is good, three wins and a draw in the last four. Another three points would be just dandy and keep that little cushion between us and 9th nice and comfortable.

We will need to defend better than we did in Kirkcaldy last week that's for sure. I hope Goodwin starts, we could do with his influence in midfield.

Will go for a repeat of the last game between us in Paisley. 1-0 via a Mallan free kick.

I agree but the problem is. None of them

Return to watch st mirren you need to have something not right in your head that you can turn up every week to watch what dross is being served up

I haven't missed a game hone or away this season One of probably about 2-300

Thought so. whistling.gif

Aye, well done with this initiative. At least 1,000 up on an average attendance. It may not have been thought out as well as it could have been but a great success nonetheless.

It was a success even though i doubt the club made any money out of it. Only downside was the amount of brats in W1 around me which meant I couldn't do my usual FFS to the team, ref and the lineman during the game. Brats getting free tickets should only be in the family stand whistling.gif

Spoke to a couple of my neighbours, neither of whom are Saints fans, who took their kids down yesterday and both really enjoyed the second half.

Both said they would be up for going back at some point.

It's hard to get these people to come every other week when it isn't in the blood, but I thought all the stuff that went on yesterday was definitely a positive.

Totally agree. I no longer call myself a supporter and haven't done for a long time. I'm a lapsed supporter and very much doubt I'll be back on a regular basis.

I can't think of anything less appealing than watching the Old Firm in action! Not sure what the relevance of that point is at all!

I gave up going to watch St. Mirren on a regular basis 6 years ago - when we were in the SPL and winning major trophies. I only attended 3 games the season we won the League Cup (including the final) and none of them were home games!

I enjoy doing other things on a Saturday afternoon.

Its got nothing to do with winning, losing, great performances or poor performances. I don't miss it in the slightest. On the odd occasion that I have attended a game, I have regretted turning up within a couple of minutes of kick off!

I keep tabs on results (even then, I'm sometimes not even aware Saints are playing until a day or two after the game)) and come on this forum but that's about it these days!

In my 20s I went everywhere with Saints. It didn't matter if we were good, bad or indifferent. It was a day out with the lads, and it was just part of the week.

As I've got older, wiser (!?) and had kids though I must admit the football isn't the be all and end all for me.

When the kids were young I didn't think it was right that I f**ked off every Saturday so I started to pick and choose away games in particular, and to be honest although I missed the day out bit, the football bit I didn't really miss much.

Now with the kids older I'm back going to more away games again, but I still don't really feel guilty or sorry about missing games here and there. It's not been enjoyable watching us for the last 3 years and I wouldn't ever criticise anyone who had stopped watching us.

Hopefully you'll be back at some point bud.

great to see the North Stand full of home supporters

attachicon.gifcrowd.jpg

Which indicates that not only the product on the pitch but realistic pricing can have a positive impact on crowds.

Adults £12

Disabled & Carer £10 ( With shelter )

13-17 £5

12under FREE

OAP £5

Pie & Drink ( Hot or cold ) £2

As well as offers on season tickets.

Anyone buying new kit - Free ticket to a home cup game ( per kit bought )

Happy Days :)

Edited by whydowebother

Spoke to a couple of my neighbours, neither of whom are Saints fans, who took their kids down yesterday and both really enjoyed the second half.

Both said they would be up for going back at some point.

It's hard to get these people to come every other week when it isn't in the blood, but I thought all the stuff that went on yesterday was definitely a positive.

the thing is if the kids enjoy it they'll remember it. My dad wasn't interested in football at all but my pals dad took me along and I got the bug. My dad would take me to the odd game through me pestering him, but as soon as I could take myself I did.

The guy sitting near us thought they were all QOTS fans......holiday.gif

That's shull for you.

In fairness ​I was told the West stand was being reserved for only Saints' fans so I too thought the North stand had been left for QotS. I was astounded at the numbers until it was pointed out to me that the colours were Black and White. That said. I didn't notice the refurb of the back of the stand either so maybe that should be holiday.gif x 2

Edited by stlucifer