Bring A Buddie - St Mirren V Qos 12Th March 2016

shull

The fact there was a half baked idea made public and as you say needs fixing shows a level of amateurism that feeds the belief we are a MIckey Mouse club.

If many forum members can see the flaws, and I don't include the "criticise for the sake of it" team, why can't the person/people responsible within the club?

This.

It's astonishing that no one within the club has questioned the logic of the promotion before going public with it.

Div is of course correct, it's easily rectifiable... However the club making an @rse of it is all people are getting from this at the moment.

Once again the club shows a complete lack of understanding of its customer base. I'd like to be more forgiving, but this is such basic stuff it just screams incompetence.

That's not true at all.

The positives are that the club are trying to do something to encourage new fans to come along and that they are offering cheap tickets to allow them to do that. The implementation of that plan might not be particularly good, but that doesn't take away the positive intention.

The club has sterilised the positive intentions by sending the season ticket holders buddie to another stand. Therefore, it is not a positive at all. {We may be wrong and we'll find out at the match by seeing how "full" the north stand gets.

They've still got time to fix this.

They don't even need to say "chap's we've f**ked up again^ a simple "thanks to supporters suggestions, we've had a rethink"

2 options are

Unreserved seating in the Westbank, sit where you like {inconveniences season ticket holders who want to keep their seat for this game}

or

Season Ticket holders & Buddie into the North stand & leave QOTS in Weststand.

Edited by Kombi Buddie

Wow, what a load of moaning.

They're giving away 2 tickets for a fiver. You have the option of sitting next to your mate if you pay a wee bit extra.

Not everyone in Paisley has money - I'm sure a few folk will be pleased to give 2 mates a cheap day at the football

For feedback - since the club are obviously reading this forum at the moment, a better initiative might be to open up the 2 stands behind the goals - cash gate - £2.50 a ticket. First come first served, if (big IF) it fills up before you get there, you need to pay normal price for the main or west stand. Make your money back on selling flags/scarfs/pies/drinks etc inside the foyer. Make it feel like an occasion.

Worth about 15 quid in total, not 60 or 66 if arse on a Jessie Main Stand seat.

Tbf,

Attendances

2009/10: 4,414

2008/09: 5,411

Wages

2009/10: £2,955,000

2008/09: £2,734,000

2007/08: £2,202,000

2006/07: £1,800,000

2005/06: £1,000,000

Turnover

2009/10: £3,875,000

2008/09: £3,546,000

2007/08: £2,956,000

2006/07: £3,000,000 (circa)

2005/06: £1,900,000 (circa)

Wage-to-turnover

2009/10: 76%

2008/09: 77%

2007/08: 74%

Profit/loss before tax

2009/10: £328,000 loss

2008/09: £906,000 profit

2007/08: £10,968,000 profit

2006/07: £100,000 profit (circa)

2005/06: £0 profit (circa)

Net debt

2009/10: £24,000

2008/09: £0

2007/08: £253,000

2006/07: £1,600,000 (circa)

2005/06: £1,900,000 (circa)

Old figures from STV, but when you look at how close we were to breaking even most seasons- (new stadium move apart) not sure that reducing ticket prices would generate enough bums on seats to meet the profit/loss gap? Our attendances are a lot lower now. I'm sure the club would love to reduce prices, but not sure it's possible...

Tony was telling about this on Saturday. He has visions of Saints fans in all 4 stands roaring us to success. He really wants to fill the place or as near to as he can week in week out.

Great enthusiasm and drive, unfortunately I don't think the local community and even our existing fans share the same enthusiasm at present.

Nice idea but he might be better trying to get two stands full before focussing on all four. Don't walk before you can run and all that.

He was on the St Mirren Show last night talking about this scheme. Anyone hear what he had to say?

Bus fares only for our kid on football players.

My Season Ticket money is getting stole.

Not sure if you're on the wind up, but I'm perfectly happy to pay when we're bringing players like Rocco Quinn, David Clarkson and Gary Irvine. Far better than we had before.

Our Tony obviously not listening to what fans want or maybe as I thought he isn't in control of anything, just a face the fans like....not the brightest I think our Tony...

Not like you to be a judgemental cock in the complete absence of facts or evidence!

Not the brightest, I think (he says adding in punctuation), our dimwitted RIS!