Attendance Levels

Murray7

*Feel free to shift to GN or relevant forum!

Currently writing up my dissertation at Uni, with the subject of improving fan attendance and engagement in Scottish Football. Just thought this would be a good place to ask supporters what else both St Mirren and Scottish football can do to improve the matchday experience and bring more supporters through on matchdays?

All thoughts & views greatly appreciated :)

Pricing -

Adults £12

13-17 £5

12 and under £2

-

Fans buying new season kit get voucher for 1 home cup game per top bought.

-

Half time entertainment focuses on the ensuring the young fans are engaged and involved in activities.

-

Fix the tannoy and get back to reading out the half time scores around the country.

-

Pie & Bovril or other drink £2.50

-

Bring back the 'Tablet , Macaroon' guy , he can walk along front of stands with the pram selling his stuff.

-

£50 spot prize every game ( without fans buying a ticket ) by selecting a sold seat at random and fan in that seat with match day ticket or season ticket presenting it at office to collect winnings.

-

More 'fan days' open training at stadium. FREE

-

Pay at gate EVERY home game , every home stand.

-

Terracing - Westbank , remove back 6 rows of seats , allowing relevant amount of people into the space.

Pricing has been proven to make very little difference. If we halved the price from 20 to 10 would the crowd double? Nope, so it's not in the clubs interest to do it.

What increases attendances is simply a winning team on the pitch. I don't believe any other factor contributes anywhere near as much as that.

Pricing has been proven to make very little difference. If we halved the price from 20 to 10 would the crowd double? Nope, so it's not in the clubs interest to do it.

What increases attendances is simply a winning team on the pitch. I don't believe any other factor contributes anywhere near as much as that.

They wouldn't double....unless you had an entertaining side on the park....but they would increase. The case was always proven at Motherwell and Kilmarnock when they offered cut price admission.

In football not everyone can win so boosting crowds everywhere - which I presume is the point of the dissertation - has to come from cutting prices and offering a far better match day experience. You also have to position the club at the centre of the local community to the benefit of the community - not looking to profit at every turn either at the expense of the community or worse, to steal from the local community

Is that true? Aren't prices much lower in Germany for example, and attendances much higher? Certainly price main factor for me. Then winter weather, then team performance.

On price, I was speaking to a Charlton supporting mate who pays less for his ST than we do. Who would argue that he isn't getting much more vfm than us.

Lower ticket prices

Introduce alcohol in grounds

More emphasis on selling club merchandise/food/drinks on match day

Free tickets for local schools, reid kerr & UWS

Improve matchday experience. Flags/clappers etc for young fans (Leicester do this well)

Mascots giving out sweets etc at half time

Hand out free tickets to scheme weans, run buses from different parts of Paisley to the ground on match days (a kinda Bingo bus/Asda bus idea)

Almost without exception the main gripe is with pricing, so why are so many still continuing to pay £20 to watch dross ? The only way to make clubs take notice - its not just Saints of course- is by voting with their feet.

The frogs recommendations are £10 maximum, pay at the gate, terracing in places (fans already stand at games anyway), drink if requested , kids in for free or a token amount, decent players and manager.

Is that true? Aren't prices much lower in Germany for example, and attendances much higher? Certainly price main factor for me. Then winter weather, then team performance.

On price, I was speaking to a Charlton supporting mate who pays less for his ST than we do. Who would argue that he isn't getting much more vfm than us.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/