Being A Christian

Isle Of Bute Saint

Obviously you can't, since you never put a question mark at the end of that. Or anywhere, for that matter. :P

Aye, but thanks to you fcukers, I never knew if I should put an evolutionary theory surface question mark, or a double jondy-box squiffle-pipe theoretical question mark.

Fcukers!

Question marks aside, why does any of this stuff (evolutionary theory surface whataboutery) mean anything? Why should it concern me? What does it matter?

"Question marks aside", that would have been one helluva mess on a par with a deconstructed sticky toffee pudding on Masterchef! Content there... but WTF?

"Question marks aside", that would have been one helluva mess on a par with a deconstructed sticky toffee pudding on Masterchef! Content there... but WTF?

Masterchef has more relevance to my life than 'evolutionary surface theory / evolutionary pollination' brainfart bollocks. At least if I watch Masterchef I might learn how to make a nice chicken or fish dinner I hadn't previously considered. This would add to my life enjoyment experience, especially if accompanied by fine wines and entrance through the exclusive dining room door. Undoubtably the jewel in the crown of this famous old ginger whinger's social calendar this week.

Masterchef has more relevance to my life than 'evolutionary surface theory / evolutionary pollination' brainfart bollocks. At least if I watch Masterchef I might learn how to make a nice chicken or fish dinner I hadn't previously considered. This would add to my life enjoyment experience, especially if accompanied by fine wines and entrance through the exclusive dining room door. Undoubtably the jewel in the crown of this famous old ginger whinger's social calendar this week.

A lot of attention seeking going on here in this series of posts.

So you dont understand a conversation? Dont take part in it then.

Why should others have to dumb down for you?

Best shot? Truly? You disappoint! You used to be so much more acerbic... that was bordering on paranoid humour!

I agree but I wanted to make absolutely certain I didnt use big words which would confuse you.

Nobody wins when you dumb down.

You see that now?

Edited by oaksoft

Is sesquipedalian not an adjective?

Did you know that Darwin's orchid has the botanical name "Angraecum sesquipedale"? Nice to see you joining in the conversation. :). Just need to get poz involved, now.

Nope... A noun.

Sesquipedalianism is fun.

I love the fact that the unnecessary use of big words has a big word to describe it.

Genius.

On that subject... Never mind our origins. Answer me this...

Why is hyphenated un-hyphenated whilst un-hyphenated is hyphenated?

Which one mentions "evolutionary surfaces"?

You're being pedantic

You're challenging the use of Surface as opposed to Landscape.

I've demonstrated that "surface" is used extensively in the literature. instead of landscape.

Equally the terms "adaptive", "fitness" of "trend" could be used instead of evolutionary.

When I used the term Evolutionary Surface, that is what I meant, I could equally have used fitness surface, adaptive surface, trend surface. All are expectable terms.

If you want to continue with your pedantic and sterile semantic nonsense then do so.

I assume this all you have to bring to the discussion rather than actually addressing any of the questions. That's semantics and deflection. If you;re still looking for examples

You're being pedantic

You're challenging the use of Surface as opposed to Landscape.

I've demonstrated that "surface" is used extensively in the literature. instead of landscape.

Equally the terms "adaptive", "fitness" of "trend" could be used instead of evolutionary.

When I used the term Evolutionary Surface, that is what I meant, I could equally have used fitness surface, adaptive surface, trend surface. All are expectable terms.

If you want to continue with your pedantic and sterile semantic nonsense then do so.

I assume this all you have to bring to the discussion rather than actually addressing any of the questions. That's semantics and deflection. If you;re still looking for examples

All this anti-semantic stuff is OTT. Stop picking on the Jews!

It was only a few posts ago where you denied, when replying to rea's post, that it was landscapes and that it was definitely surfaces. I asked you the same question as soon as you mentioned it but you still kept going on about it. If you had just said that you were talking about landscapes then this could all have been avoided.

How am I being pedantic when you stipulated that you weren't talking about landscapes?

Now that we're clear about it, yes I have heard of them, what's your point?

yup, looking forward to hearing the point and how it is involved with a discussion on Christianity

Can I ask a question of those posters talking about stuff like 'evolutionary surfaces', 'evolutionary pollination studies', 'game theory' , 'evolutionary game theory'.....

My question is, what difference does any of this make to my life. Please bear in mind, my life initially consisted of crying, being fed, clarting my nappy and projectile vomiting. It went through various stages, until here we are in 2016, and it consists of stuff like watching telly, going to the fitba, playing golf games on the PS4, drinking nice red wine and beer, going on holiday, drinking coffee, crying, being fed, clarting my nappy and projectile vomiting.

What difference does it make, why should I care, and why should I, or indeed anyone, give much of a fcuk.

because one sad day, Shull will post ....

So Farewell Then......Pozbaird, and you life of projectile vomiting and crying will be at an end.......or will it....and that is why humanity over the Eons is generally obsessed with knowing if there is a what next, and that if there is, is there anything that needs done in the here and now to ensure the best whats next.....and all this other stuff is just the tiny insights we have in life that may or indeed may not indicated that there is a "whats next" and that we do need to do something about it in the here and now.

As i am feeling all reflective this morning i will end with my favorite reflective quote from the Venerable Bede, addressed to an earthly king when being spoken to of Christianity

Your Majesty, when we compare the present life of man on earth with that time of which we have no knowledge, it seems to me like the swift flight of a single sparrow through the banqueting-hall where you are sitting at dinner on a winter’s day with your thegns and counsellors. In the midst there is a comforting fire to warm the hall; outside the storms of winter rain or snow are raging. This sparrow flies swiftly in through one door of the hall, and out through another. While he is inside, he is safe from the winter storms; but after a moment of comfort, he vanishes from sight into the wintry world from which he came. Even so, man appears on earth for a little while; but of what went before this life or of what follows, we know nothing. Therefore, if this new teaching has brought any more certain knowledge, it seems only right that we should follow it.”

Guest TPAFKATS

Did you truly prefer the use of a comma to a full stop or even a semi-colon in that sentence?

Surely you like a semi?

Long live old school. It is our only hope of retaining a language!

Do we need to retain it? Surely it's just how language evolves, as opposed to how it was created...

because one sad day, Shull will post ....

So Farewell Then......Pozbaird, and you life of projectile vomiting and crying will be at an end.......or will it....and that is why humanity over the Eons is generally obsessed with knowing if there is a what next, and that if there is, is there anything that needs done in the here and now to ensure the best whats next.....and all this other stuff is just the tiny insights we have in life that may or indeed may not indicated that there is a "whats next" and that we do need to do something about it in the here and now.

As i am feeling all reflective this morning i will end with my favorite reflective quote from the Venerable Bede, addressed to an earthly king when being spoken to of Christianity

Your Majesty, when we compare the present life of man on earth with that time of which we have no knowledge, it seems to me like the swift flight of a single sparrow through the banqueting-hall where you are sitting at dinner on a winter’s day with your thegns and counsellors. In the midst there is a comforting fire to warm the hall; outside the storms of winter rain or snow are raging. This sparrow flies swiftly in through one door of the hall, and out through another. While he is inside, he is safe from the winter storms; but after a moment of comfort, he vanishes from sight into the wintry world from which he came. Even so, man appears on earth for a little while; but of what went before this life or of what follows, we know nothing. Therefore, if this new teaching has brought any more certain knowledge, it seems only right that we should follow it.”[/size]

At the risk of again being labelled an attention seeking twat by one of the two biggest attention seeking twats on this forum - nearly choked on my coffee at the irony - I can understand the need for many people to research stuff like 'where we came from', 'why are we here'. 'Is there something else'... I understand that, but I equate it to a hamster running around in his wheel - it will be never-ending. I am not holding my breath waiting for an answer, any sort of answer, an answer that those researching it will even remotely agree on, and they will simply continue running around the hamster wheel again.

Still, that really wasn't my question. My question was about the rather in-depth and heated (to 0K?) discussions, which to my eyes looked liked an argument about whether St Mirren's strips are black and white.... or white and black.

Does it really matter a fcuk if it's an evolutionary surface or an evolutionary formica worktop, and if it really does matter to our lives, please enlighten me.

At the risk of again being labelled an attention seeking twat by one of the two biggest attention seeking twats on this forum - nearly choked on my coffee at the irony

In fairness it's you who is posting on an open forum using your full name and posting photos of yourself.

Most other people choose to remain anonymous specifically NOT to gain attention.

It allows us to have a private life separate from our professional life without us worrying about being systematically stalked and abused the way the poster billymehmet does to players in our team (ironically I think its a woman who is doing this to our players under a male pseudonym but there you go). That has to be borderline illegal BTW.

Edited by oaksoft

In fairness it's you who is posting on an open forum using your full name and posting photos of yourself.

Most other people choose to remain anonymous specifically NOT to gain attention.

It allows us to have a private life separate from our professional life without us worrying about being systematically stalked and abused the way the poster billymehmet does to players in our team (ironically I think its a woman who is doing this to our players under a male pseudonym but there you go). That has to be borderline illegal BTW.

When was the last time I posted a picture of myself? As for my username being almost my real name, and regular forum users being able to easily link the forum user to the 'real person'... FFS! So does REA, SGG, Div even?

I have no need to adopt an unlinked username, I use the same username on here, the official forum, B&W Army and the Denver Broncos fan forum.

What you see is what you get - a moaning faced ginger whinger knickerwetting keyboard warrior....

Guilty!