Being A Christian

Isle Of Bute Saint

10 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.”
In the 21st century people- intelligent people- believe this drivel and, in some cases, even try to impose their beliefs on others.

I particularly like the idea that any intelligent person could believe that it is more likely that Mary was impregnated by God rather than becoming pregnant as a result of shagging Joseph out of wedlock. That is especially hilarious.

I also like the idea that they believe that Eve was "tempted by a talking snake" and that a real apple was involved when it seems rather more likely that the snake was a metaphor for Adam's cock and the forbidden fruit was in fact sex.

As long as these deluded fruitcakes keep their religious guff out of public life and away from children who are too young to know better, I am more than happy to leave them alone.

7 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

But Eve had the apple first when Adam wasn't there, just the snake. Then Adam had the apple when Eve was there. So that would mean that Eve pleasured herself with something snakelike and then went and had sex with Adam. But since Eve was made from a bit of Adam then Adam essentially had sex with himself. Talk about inbreeding. No wonder there are so many idiots.

My brain hurts now. :lol:

6 minutes ago, antrin said:

There are those who'd describe that as your "Apple".

Stop abusing it.

That makes about as much sense as the rest of your posts.

I think I know what you were TRYING to say though.

Edited by oaksoft

• 2 weeks later...
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.”
In the 21st century people- intelligent people- believe this drivel and, in some cases, even try to impose their beliefs on others.

aa140d8a98b4cac970d44ece231aaa09.jpg

Bump

Sorry, rea... you're sabotaging your own world view, there.  [emoji4]
There is no magic required for atheism - only rationality.
We don't need to put our faith in fairies... 

...as 95.1% of the Universe is currently "missing" the rationality you speak of has only so far been applied to 4.9% of everything....reckon the Jury is still out for us both

1 hour ago, rea said:

...as 95.1% of the Universe is currently "missing" the rationality you speak of has only so far been applied to 4.9% of everything....reckon the Jury is still out for us both

And your logical flaw here is equating the credibility of religion and science.

You cannot put religion in the same league as science.

The word "atheism" shouldn't really exist. After all, there is no word for non-belief in fairies or unicorns or ...

Wouldn't that be "atheism" for those who believe that fairies and unicorns are god-like creatures?

[emoji4]

And your logical flaw here is equating the credibility of religion and science.
You cannot put religion in the same league as science.

I could if i wanted to but that is not my intention.

My intention is to show that trying to use Science to rule out any possible truth of religion is a bit daft when science can only identify 4.9% of what the Universe even consists of....just like using a religious text to demonstrate a scientific point is a bit daft.

Science and Religion are not aimed at doing the same thing...they are in different sphere with currently very little over lap.

Both can and have and in many places still do exist side by side. See in Christianity case the number of believers in the Scientific community.

"New Atheism" has done very little for both sides and has in fact turned that sort of Athiesm into a religion or sorts...see definitions of Secular Humanism as a religion.

Glad i bumped this...was all a bit quiet...brain needed some summer excercise.

Atheists have just went, in the main, one god further than a theist.

Theists believe what they do, in the main, because their mummy and daddy told them so. You know, the same mummy and daddy that told them that Santa and the tooth fairy were real.

If this is true of Theists why is it not also true of Athiests?

Social and Family influence surely play as important an influence on both world views?