Lets Give Div Our Support And A Cuddle

DougJamie

Came across below today from the Divster

"To be perfectly honest I'm wondering about keeping the forum going at all never mind bringing back red dots.

It's not what it once was, and frankly I'm quite tired of it.

I can't say I enjoy it much, every thread seems to descend into the same old shit. Many people have told me in the last year that they have stopped visiting the forum for that very reason and I can't really blame them."

Div- I get to see the goals again thanks to you

LPM is put in his place thanks to you

Tommy Craig got sacked --------------- well maybe too far

Anyway your work is appreciated and rarely like one of my golf drives is straight to the point and in bounds.

Shull loves you and I think your a top bloke

THANKS

One cannot blame young David for becoming somewhat disheartened by the nonsensical urine being posted regularly by a small but mentally wanting band of halfwits.

Yet this forum is a fine asset for the average supporter of Paisley's greatest ever sporting club, great asset indeed.

If Div is truly disheartened (it will just be a phase) then he is free to give administrator access to me along with a several year course (that would likely take me beyond the end of my life) on how to properly use this interweb thing. Then as the new king of the forum I shall work tirelessly for several minutes per day (depending on whether I have a hospital appointment or not) maintaining it and generally stroking it in a nurturing manner. I shall also relentlessly ban all halfwit's starting with Lord Pitifulness.

David is somewhat of a celebrity amongst our fanbase due in no small measure to his great work on this forum. Would we hear such wonders as Div on the tranny if he were to abdicate his interweb crown? Would young David look back with regret as the forum dies a slow death like friends reunited? Would David watch someone like me on Sportscene talking rubbish about something or other to do with our club and be able to think anything other than "that should've been me?" Would young David eventually try and start a rival forum called "Buddies talking baws" in an effort to reclaim his lost status?

Div, like this forum is a stalwart. Long live the forum and long live the Div.

Div has a very good point. He has Pie and Bovril anyone wishing can go there for me it would be logical to shut the forum down. There is also the official forum where trolls would not last one day.

It would be logical for St Mirren fans to post on a St Mirren Forum, not Pie and Bovril.

Trolls can be disappeared with better moderation.

One cannot blame young David for becoming somewhat disheartened by the nonsensical urine being posted regularly by a small but mentally wanting band of halfwits.

Yet this forum is a fine asset for the average supporter of Paisley's greatest ever sporting club, great asset indeed.

If Div is truly disheartened (it will just be a phase) then he is free to give administrator access to me along with a several year course (that would likely take me beyond the end of my life) on how to properly use this interweb thing. Then as the new king of the forum I shall work tirelessly for several minutes per day (depending on whether I have a hospital appointment or not) maintaining it and generally stroking it in a nurturing manner. I shall also relentlessly ban all halfwit's starting with Lord Pitifulness.

David is somewhat of a celebrity amongst our fanbase due in no small measure to his great work on this forum. Would we hear such wonders as Div on the tranny if he were to abdicate his interweb crown? Would young David look back with regret as the forum dies a slow death like friends reunited? Would David watch someone like me on Sportscene talking rubbish about something or other to do with our club and be able to think anything other than "that should've been me?" Would young David eventually try and start a rival forum called "Buddies talking baws" in an effort to reclaim his lost status?

Can I be your "number two" Tom? whistling.gif

It would be logical for St Mirren fans to post on a St Mirren Forum, not Pie and Bovril.

Trolls can be disappeared with better moderation.

I am a regular poster especially at sea where there are few Brits so for me it is a bit of home contact. Div has point though I'm sure poor performances has contributed to in general negative atmosphere add in the we don't get on posters then you have a poor forum. Pie and Bovril could replace this forum no problem. Clubs have their own threads out with match day threads for those who want it. Just a opinion Shull.

Good post Tom.

I am a regular poster especially at sea where there are few Brits so for me it is a bit of home contact. Div has point though I'm sure poor performances has contributed to in general negative atmosphere add in the we don't get on posters then you have a poor forum. Pie and Bovril could replace this forum no problem. Clubs have their own threads out with match day threads for those who want it. Just a opinion Shull.

We have an excellent St Mirren Forum here.

Just need a top notch Moderator to fine tune the place.

Pie and Bovril is marvellous for Scottish Football in general as long as the bigots can be avoided.

Leave our Forum alone.

If you want to improve it...

LOG OFF

Lol

We have an excellent St Mirren Forum here.

Just need a top notch Moderator to fine tune the place.

Pie and Bovril is marvellous for Scottish Football in general as long as the bigots can be avoided.

Leave our Forum alone.

If you want to improve it...

LOG OFF

Lol

Mostly think I debate Shull and think that's what it's about in general discussion and match day threads. Maybe I see myself differently who knows but there is no getting away from the fact the forum is a bit of a mess , though Tom makes a good point. Will I log off or go with my tail between my legs ? I don't think you should ether or any other what I call a troll just stop being confrontational to each other let's have a bit of respect. Have met fellow posters who had a big confrontational argument with. We ended up getting on really well when met face to face.

The Irony of Shull posting 7 times in 24 posts on this topic is obviously completely lost on him!!!

The usual suspects started already on this thread just backing up what Div says. Full of Sado's and morons unfortunately and impossible to have proper discussion about anything without it turning into immature nonsense.

The Irony of Shull posting 7 times in 24 posts on this topic is obviously completely lost on him!!!

The usual suspects started already on this thread just backing up what Div says. Full of Sado's and morons unfortunately and impossible to have proper discussion about anything without it turning into immature nonsense.

Fire away im listening ?