Raith Rovers V St Mirren 05;03;2016

No surprise to see some fans lay into 19 year old Mallan. He's only scored 9 goals this season from midfield.

It's like McLean/Lappin all over again.

While not "laying into" the kid I do think there are times when a young player should be rested. Now might be a good time. I understand Rae's reluctance given his tally though.

While not "laying into" the kid I do think there are times when a young player should be rested. Now might be a good time. I understand Rae's reluctance given his tally though.

I don't think Mallan should be dropped, and i don't think he will be. He's the biggest goal threat we have, as the stats show.

What I don't expect from any teenager is consistency. He's not going to play well every week, and he hasn't played well in the last couple of games. No one plays well in every game at his age in world football.

I just wish our fans were more patient with our youngsters. Mallan is at an age where he could be playing for 20's every week. He doesn't though, cos he's good enough to play in the first team.

He wasn't even near to our worst performer today incidentally. Senior players like Webster, Agnew, Langfield and Irvine bear that burden.

Edited by TopCat

I wasn't there but I believe at 1-0 down we lost Quinn and brought on Agnew? Surely Goodwin would have added more bite to the midfield and helped the defence? Agnew offer very little. I didn't understand that change. Even Gow would have been an option worth considering before Agnew.

I wasn't there but I believe at 1-0 down we lost Quinn and brought on Agnew? Surely Goodwin would have added more bite to the midfield and helped the defence? Agnew offer very little. I didn't understand that change. Even Gow would have been an option worth considering before Agnew.

I think it was meantbas an offensive substitution but for me, it was totally the wrong one. Goodwin was the obvious choice.

No surprise to see some fans lay into 19 year old Mallan. He's only scored 9 goals this season from midfield.

It's like McLean/Lappin all over again.

19 or not if he's not up to job he has to be replaced. You can't say oh he's 19 give him a game he scored a free kick last week. Obviously you were not there today cos he was awful along with Baird and Webster. If you player want in the team they should pull their weight. I like Mallan at times. But he hides for a hour of the game. He was not alone today at being bad. But the 3 I mentioned have to have a good look at themselves.

A strange decision

Maybe Shull was right regarding Goody

Agnew did OK today

Hard for him to shine with so mny non-performers around him, but he did OK

Today ranks up there with our worst ever defence performance but on other hand was up there as good offensively I've seen us in a long time

Defence utter pish need a kick up arse

It is beyond me how pish shankland is. He is pish a lazy bastard

Think we need to play mallan of clarkson and drop shank

We badly need Goodwin back in that team with all the experience in that team today Abd still no one controlling our team

19 or not if he's not up to job he has to be replaced. You can't say oh he's 19 give him a game he scored a free kick last week. Obviously you were not there today cos he was awful along with Baird and Webster. If you player want in the team they should pull their weight. I like Mallan at times. But he hides for a hour of the game. He was not alone today at being bad. But the 3 I mentioned have to have a good look at themselves.

I was very much there today. Did Mallan have a good game? No he didn't.

Was he the reason he lost? Absolutely not. Jeez, he assisted our first goal. To scapegoat him for today is absolutely ridiculous. We lost due to terrible defending and goal keeping.

It's classic have a go at your own behaviour. McLean got it, Lappin got it, Cheesy got it, Mallan is getting it.

4 punts up the park 4 goals. Defence were shocking especially our central defenders. And Mallan dined out on his free kicks for to long now. Can't pass can't tackle. But we worked and scored 3 good goals but defending was pathetic. MOM Watson. Just ahead of Clarkson.

Mallan has dined out?

Aye great idea lets start having a go at another talented young midfielder.