Raith Rovers V St Mirren 05;03;2016

I kind of agree with santaponsa. With except of his free kicks mallan isn't very good he gives ball away constantly And agree is very light weight.

I think he should be playing off a striker like clarkson and good win gets his position in midfeild.

The amount of people we should have "playing of a striker" we should line up 1-1-7-1 !! rolleyes.gif

FFS!

Today was frustrating, but I'm baffled as to why anyone would single out Mallan!?

Agree. Lets single out the young teenage prospect with less than 50 first team appearances rather than point the finger at our experienced defence which boasts 750 games among them including a Scottish internationalist ??

Mallan has the capacity to become a top class player but alongside players like Rocco Quinn ( decent player but journeyman at best ) & Agnew (sorry mate ,not good enough ) How is he expected to progress ?

f**ksake no one is singling him out. Santaponsa mentioned him and I said I agreed. If you read my posts

It's f**king lazy bastard shankland that I moan about.

All I've said. With exception of free kicks mallan is a very ordinary player

Several million people who watched his close control and skill to score one of the finest goals ever by a Saints player might just dare to disagree.

Actually thought we were far superior to Rovers today and my future father in law who is a Raith fan agreed.

The problem was the back line. Four long balls... drop back a yard and header it away... Amazed we didn't learn from our mistakes. Baird, Webster and Langfield were hopeless and never uttered a word to each other.

Shankland was also poor. Doesn't seem interested in my opinion. Lazy individual who didn't win a header all day. Stick a finisher with a bit of movement in that team and we would of won regardless of the poor defence today.

Goodwin should be in the team and Thommo should have been flung on for shankland earlier.

Gow, Agnew and Mallan all tried, all got on the ball and all tried to make something happen. I've seen a lot worse in a St Mirren top and those three don't deserve stick today.

Actually thought we were far superior to Rovers today and my future father in law who is a Raith fan agreed.

The problem was the back line. Four long balls... drop back a yard and header it away... Amazed we didn't learn from our mistakes. Baird, Webster and Langfield were hopeless and never uttered a word to each other.

Shankland was also poor. Doesn't seem interested in my opinion. Lazy individual who didn't win a header all day. Stick a finisher with a bit of movement in that team and we would of won regardless of the poor defence today.

Goodwin should be in the team and Thommo should have been flung on for shankland earlier.

Gow, Agnew and Mallan all tried, all got on the ball and all tried to make something happen. I've seen a lot worse in a St Mirren top and those three don't deserve stick today.

Very much as I saw it!

f**ksake no one is singling him out. Santaponsa mentioned him and I said I agreed. If you read my posts

It's f**king lazy bastard shankland that I moan about.

This game is all about opinions Bud. & i choose to disagree with your opinion expressed in the last statement.

I believe Stevie Mallan has the ability to make it at a far higher level than our beloved Saints. He is no Paul Lambert but has a confidence & ability which , with the right coaching & mentoring , will see him earn a very good living in this game in the future.

Lappin got this sort of flak ,Mclean got it too , McGinn was a lazy wee bastard..... Nuff said !!

So was David Beckham...

Yes, Mallan has room for improvement in his general play but the reality is that for a teenager his free kicks are tremendous and that is always going to be a key part of his game/value. Any assessment of him needs to be balanced. He's young and will get into double figures this season - so in short he's very good at doing the hard things and not as good with the basics.

I'd take a 10-12 goal a season Mallan over a 3/4 goal a season Agnew every day of the week.

If he was the full package he wouldn't be playing for St Mirren!!

Defensively we were awful (Keith Watson) apart. Can't remember as poor a defensive performance in a long time. I don't think Irvine looks comfortable at LB. Baird and Webster seemed to meet 20 minutes before kickoff. Miles apart from the team that kept Rangers and Falkirk largely at bay. Couldn't cope with hoofs up the park from Raith.

I think Raith had about 5 or 6 chances in the whole game and scored 4. Some of the goals came from Raith defenders clearing as opposed to actually trying to pick a pass!

Offensively we were actually OK, although we hoof it too much when we look a decent enough team now with ball to feet and Clarkson scored a good goal, although Raith Rovers defending was criminal. The last 35 minutes was some good stuff from us really, link up play was good and we had Raith on the ropes but we left ourselves with a mountain.

I don't subscribe to the 'runs about therefore is good' but Shankland needs to do more. Doesn't press enough and rarely wins a header. Also seems to often cynically foul his marker. He was poor today.

Mallan didn't have his best game but couldn't single him out really. Agnew has been a bit out of depth this season but again he wasn't bad today. Gallacher seems to be struggling and I don't think right mid suits him. We need to find a player for that position really.

Think we were worthy of a point but with a defence should have got 3. Sore one to lose and with Livi winning we need to look over our shoulder. 1 point from 9 is actually poor given the way we played!

The time judge Rae is next season. There will be a fair few moving on and i would like to think he'll improve the fitness as well during pre season. He's definitely improved us short term.

Fair might be an understatement. Maybe two or three of the 14 that got onto the park today will be regulars.

This game is all about opinions Bud. & i choose to disagree with your opinion expressed in the last statement.

I believe Stevie Mallan has the ability to make it at a far higher level than our beloved Saints. He is no Paul Lambert but has a confidence & ability which , with the right coaching & mentoring , will see him earn a very good living in this game in the future.

Lappin got this sort of flak ,Mclean got it too , McGinn was a lazy wee bastard..... Nuff said !!

Actually Lambert also got a lot of stick near the end of his time with us....

Lambert was a great player, but chucked it in his last few months for us.

Lappin , like Gillies never fulfilled his potential and should have played Netball instead.

Mallan is an ordinary player presently and may rise to decent.

Kenny McLean, another ordinary player who willnae rise to anything.

John McGinn is a gem.

Edited by shull