Raith Rovers V St Mirren 05;03;2016

Lambert was a great player, but chucked it in his last few months for us.

Lappin , like Gillies never fulfilled his potential and should have played Netball instead.

Mallan is an ordinary player presently and may rise to decent.

Kenny McLean, another ordinary player who willnae rise to anything.

John McGinn is a gem.

I hate to burst your Bubble but Simon Lappin played over 100 games in the Championship in England earning a shitload of cash........ never fulfilled his potential ??? I`d say he didnt do too bad.

Just watched the highlights on P&B.

Every one of our goals came from calamitous defending and were easily avoidable.

Having said that, we had more than enough chances to win that game, even with the four gift wrapped goals.

No wonder Rae went ballistic.

Think it's unfair a lot of the stick Agnew gets, came on yesterday at 2-0 down and had a decent game, definitely improved with the substitution.

Think it's a common thing that players who've came through our youth seem to get away with a lot more than players who didn't, mallan obviously has talent but yesterday and last few games for me was poor, Agnew had the better game once he came on picking out passes, yet level of stick aimed at him was more than anyone else.

I was very much there today. Did Mallan have a good game? No he didn't.

Was he the reason he lost? Absolutely not. Jeez, he assisted our first goal. To scapegoat him for today is absolutely ridiculous. We lost due to terrible defending and goal keeping.

It's classic have a go at your own behaviour. McLean got it, Lappin got it, Cheesy got it, Mallan is getting it.

Tell me the last time Mallan had a stand out game. Even the last time at Kirkcaldy when scored the free kick he was shocking. Im not saying he doesn't have the ability he clearly but recently he has been shocking, Now if he's young and needs a rest then that's down to the manager, But he cant continue like this, How was Langfield in anyway at fault for any goals, 4 time their strikers were clean through, Baird, Webster and Mallan had howlers, Gow set up the third but fans were abusing the guy before he even kick the ball,

FFS!

Today was frustrating, but I'm baffled as to why anyone would single out Mallan!?

Whos singling out, People know now apart from hes free kicks now and then he recently has been poor, His own Dad said as much yesterday, Hes a very talented young man and he going through a bad patch, Cos hes 19 doesn't mean he is sheltered from punters saying hes not having a good game, He wasn't to blame for yesterdays defeat, quite clearly Baird and Webster were, But Mallan has to play for 90 min not the odd 20,

Edited by santaponsasaint

Whos singling out, People know now apart from hes free kicks now and then he recently has been poor, His own Dad said as much yesterday, Hes a very talented young man and he going through a bad patch, Cos hes 19 doesn't mean he is sheltered from punters saying hes not having a good game, He wasn't to blame for yesterdays defeat, quite clearly Baird and Webster were, But Mallan has to play for 90 min not the odd 20,

Do u not know ur not allowed to say a 19 year old isn't playing good at the moment

For me. If a player is good there happy to take the plaudits.

And when they are bad rightly they should be criticised for that too

Do u not know ur not allowed to say a 19 year old isn't playing good at the moment

For me. If a player is good there happy to take the plaudits.

And when they are bad rightly they should be criticised for that too

Nobody is saying it is not allowed.

Many are saying it is not helpful.

Just watched the highlights on P&B.

Every one of our goals came from calamitous defending and were easily avoidable.

Having said that, we had more than enough chances to win that game, even with the four gift wrapped goals.

No wonder Rae went ballistic.

Little wonder

I saw better defending at the Racecourse yesterday

Why the high line?

There's little pace in our backline yet the experienced Webster,Irvine and Watson played this

Jack Baird never gave Hardie a kick the last time the 2 of them met

He and his defence defended deeper giving him no space to run into

That should have been sussed out after the first goal

Going by the highlights 3 points dropped as it shows we are a better team than Raith

But if your defence play like headless chickens you will struggle

Rae stormed off to the dressing room

I would fine the defence for that display

Little wonder

I saw better defending at the Racecourse yesterday

Why the high line?

There's little pace in our backline yet the experienced Webster,Irvine and Watson played this

Jack Baird never gave Hardie a kick the last time the 2 of them met

He and his defence defended deeper giving him no space to run into

That should have been sussed out after the first goal

Going by the highlights 3 points dropped as it shows we are a better team than Raith

But if your defence play like headless chickens you will struggle

Rae stormed off to the dressing room

I would fine the defence for that display

Agreed. One could argue that we did enough offensively to earn a point... But when you "defend" like that you deserve nothing.

Everything we did well against Falkirk went out of tbe window... and worse still... we repeatedly made the same defensive errors.

Look at the "line" for their first goal... I wondered how on earth it could have been onside.

Young Mr Baird provided the answer...

post-6025-14572826808097_thumb.jpg

poor all day ,alex rea has to take the blame ,he sets the team up and is the man who can change it for the better ,yesterday he did none of these 2 things ,all he ever shouts is push up and nobody listens (just look at the goals ),whole team looked like they had never played together before,and again for about the 12 game in a row ,shankland looks 2 yards off the pace and disinterested,while gallacher is good at running about but what does he actually do,goodwin not getting on is just baffling,if alex rae thinks that team he played yesterday is our strongest then im afraid he is not the right man to take us forward

Shankland was standing beside him with his hands on his hips looking lazy as well.

Shankland's body language on saturday was that of a very disheartened player.

He needs to look at that, if his employers saw that then they would be questioining his attitude and lack of winning mentality

The kid needs to realise that no-one is going to save him from ths situation, he needs to sort his performances out himself

i have to say that for a big, strong keeper who has been around a while, Langfield's clearances and goal kicks are very short of power.

Time and again he failed to get over the halfway line, putting us under unneccessary pressure.

He should have closed that gap in his game a long time ago, it is really all about technique

Not one of the top reasons why we got beat on Saturday, but if senior players can't sort out the basics then it is an indication of how poor things are at the club generally

He needs to look at that, if his employers saw that then they would be questioining his attitude and lack of winning mentality

The kid needs to realise that no-one is going to save him from ths situation, he needs to sort his performances out himself

I agree that his body language isn't the best at times, and that he lets his frustration show too often. I've thought that he needs to be careful how that comes across to those watching, and you only needs to look at comments on here about him from some.

But I don't think he's lazy, and I don't think punting high balls up to him to challenge with a tall centre half does him any favours.

Am always surprised with the boy Shankland who will go to any lengths not to head the ball. No matter how it is played up to him he will not head it leading to the strange sight of him trying to chest down balls that are over his head.

Two centre halfs were all over the placwe on Saturday . Not sure why as they have been quite steady recently. Played very high and two goals came from clearances which went over them and the wee Rangers boy ran on to them totally unchallenged. Thought the goalkeeper should have saved the third one.

Watson was good, Agnew , for all the haters, I thought did very well and put a couple of very good passes through to Shankland that , on another day, he might have scored from.

One main problem is the boy Irvine. He is like a headless chicken and throws himself into tackles he has no chance of winning. His distribution is poor too. We will need to keep up our improved home form to ensure we stay out of trouble.

Shankland needs to miss a couple of games.