New Training Ground?

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Had heard a while ago that the plan was to eventually up sticks from Ralston and move to the new sports village.

They'll be dancing in the streets of Ralston. Oh how they'll miss our cavalier use of herbicides.:lol:

Ralston - where sex is what coal gets delivered in.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

I was born and bred right in the centre of this picture, so I suppose I know more than most how much of a shithole 

this place once was, in saying that I loved every minute of growing up here, had some superb times amongst some 

superb people some obviously luckier than others...

Really hope this happens it looks fantastic...

6 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

I was born and bred right in the centre of this picture, so I suppose I know more than most how much of a shithole 

this place once was, in saying that I loved every minute of growing up here, had some superb times amongst some 

superb people some obviously luckier than others...

Really hope this happens it looks fantastic...

As was I. Bankfoot Road for the first 18 years, until it got demolished.

Given North Ayrshire Council have just spent £20m on a town centre replacement for the Magnum, from a cost point of view this looks achievable. The benefit to the community in both jobs and health opportunities make this exactly the type of community project there should be lots more of in Scotland, we simply don't have enough top class leisure / sporting facilities. I hope the club gets right behind it to give it every chance.

Not got the backing of the council i hear. Just to remind you councillors can vote for anything,they don't have the power to tell the actual council office employees what they have to back,they can oppose or approve plans, but can't tell the actual council office what to do, so i have been told, they can say this plan would be great etc, etc, but they can't actually make it happen.

1 hour ago, buddiecat said:

Not got the backing of the council i hear. Just to remind you councillors can vote for anything,they don't have the power to tell the actual council office employees what they have to back,they can oppose or approve plans, but can't tell the actual council office what to do, so i have been told, they can say this plan would be great etc, etc, but they can't actually make it happen.

Yeah, officials come up with proposals and make their recommendation then the councillors vote on it. However, I think at this stage it's just to go to the next round of compensation - we're a long way off a yay or nay vote, if we ever get to that stage.

I was going to post a link to the full council report but I'm too busy laughing at the Rangers stuff. I'll do it tomorrow unless someone else can be bothered before then.

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The issue with this plan (that would suit us down to the ground if it happens) is that it involves leveling a load of peoples homes.

chances of turkeys voting for Christmas on this plan are slim, needs a practical re-think that doesnt involve kicking people out of their homes.

Looking at the draft, there's new homes located behind the family stand.  Think few of the homes in planned area are empty and boarded up. 

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The issue with this plan (that would suit us down to the ground if it happens) is that it involves leveling a load of peoples homes.

chances of turkeys voting for Christmas on this plan are slim, needs a practical re-think that doesnt involve kicking people out of their homes.

It's the Tannahill road houses that will have to be knocked down and I don't think the residents will take 

much persuading the place is like Beirut, shame really because it was lovely area when I was growing 

up down there probably one of the nicest streets in the whole of Paisley...

9 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

It's the Tannahill road houses that will have to be knocked down and I don't think the residents will take 

much persuading the place is like Beirut, shame really because it was lovely area when I was growing 

up down there probably one of the nicest streets in the whole of Paisley...

A much sought after area years ago

What a difference i see now parking my car

Steel curtains galore