Season 16/17 Home & Away Kits

The strip design really should be signed off months in advance to the point jd can promote it months prior to launch.a good pr stunt to get fans ready.sadly it hasnt been working that way

The strip designs are signed off well in advance to allow production at JDs Chinese facility. Indeed, after I did the 2012/13 kit designs, I did the 'fluorescent yellow' away design and worked on ideas for the Paisley pattern in the home shirt black stripes absolutely miles ahead of launch.

The strip designs are signed off well in advance to allow production at JDs Chinese facility. Indeed, after I did the 2012/13 kit designs, I did the 'fluorescent yellow' away design and worked on ideas for the Paisley pattern in the home shirt black stripes absolutely miles ahead of launch.

They are so poorly lacking in the marketing dpt and you would think they would have addressed the problem by now. Unfortunately because the deal is so financially good for us in term of sponsorship we have to tolerate the delays from their end at pushing out a product or indeed giving us a snrak peak of the bloody thing. Edited by kevo_smfc

Can I just let you all know. The design for the forthcoming strips were done and giving to JD SPORTS in October. TF has been on to them to get the strip released. It's all down to JD. But there should be a announcement by next week. Hope you will be happy with the new strips.

Begs the eternal question in the St Mirren / JD relationship - who is the organ grinder and who is the monkey?

They are so poorly lacking in the marketing dpt and you would think they would have addressed the problem by now. Unfortunately because the deal is so financially good for us in term of sponsorship we have to tolerate the delays from their end at pushing out a product or indeed giving us a snrak peak of the bloody thing.

They don't need to do much marketing when they have sole rights to the strips. Although if you look at what they have left from this seasons kits and training gear then they have seriously fecked it up with the shambolic launch.

JD put a lot of money into the club and have a year left on the contract and they are hoping to extend the contract. So I suppose they are the organ grinder.

St Mirren should invite renewal quotes from JD / Puma / Aberdeen-esque Adidas / Dundee United-esque Nike / Macron / Whoever.... Plus, if moving from JD, look for stand-alone main shirt sponsorship partnerships, like the one on the rear with Infiniti.

St Mirren should be the organ grinder, and should be kicking JD's stones for their continual quality control / supply issues.

I am not saying for one minute the JD deal isn't good for the St Mirren BoD. It clearly is, as the club have JD as the ones taking care of just about everything, including stadium and shirt sponsorship, plus JD have sole responsibility for 'a shop' situation. The deal for fans who buy the strips though? Bespoke design feature aside - it's a shite deal.

If JD are so good - why are the likes of Aberdeen with knock-off Adidas? Why did the Arabs stick with knock-off Nike? Why aren't these clubs knocking down JDs door to grab a piece of the JD action? Why are Falkirk piss-farting around with Puma and a long-standing relationship with a shirt sponsor like Central Demolition?

Edited by pozbaird

The contract may well be a profitable one for the Club , we`ve just got to take the BODs word on that but for the fans it has been an unmitigated shambles.

Lack of stock , poorly made goods, items which don`t fit, delays with the release of strips , no strips on sale at the ground & "those strips ! " thumbdown.gif

The sooner we kick them into touch the better.bye1.gif

JD put a lot of money into the club and have a year left on the contract and they are hoping to extend the contract. So I suppose they are the organ grinder.

Do we know how much they are making from the deal ?

i.e. is it a nett expense or a nett profit for JD once its balanced out ?

eta: i know that may be difficult to work out given that many of the Saints fans who visit JD also buy othe items when in store , thus swelling JDs coffers.

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

St Mirren should invite renewal quotes from JD / Puma / Aberdeen-esque Adidas / Dundee United-esque Nike / Macron / Whoever.... Plus, if moving from JD, look for stand-alone main shirt sponsorship partnerships, like the one on the rear with Infiniti.

St Mirren should be the organ grinder, and should be kicking JD's stones for their continual quality control / supply issues.

I am not saying for one minute the JD deal isn't good for the St Mirren BoD. It clearly is, as the club have JD as the ones taking care of just about everything, including stadium and shirt sponsorship, plus JD have sole responsibility for 'a shop' situation. The deal for fans who buy the strips though? Bespoke design feature aside - it's a shite deal.

If JD are so good - why are the likes of Aberdeen with knock-off Adidas? Why did the Arabs stick with knock-off Nike? Why aren't these clubs knocking down JDs door to grab a piece of the JD action? Why are Falkirk piss-farting around with Puma and a long-standing relationship with a shirt sponsor like Central Demolition?

The truth is that JD are getting the same kind of exposure (albeit on a far smaller scale) that big club owners in England get where they own the club, so they change the stadium name, put their name on the jerseys, and plaster their brand everywhere possible.

Difference is they own the club and invest millions in it, so why shouldn't they!?

JD, on the other hand, just use us for their own ends and get all these benefits cheaply because we seem to have an absolutely diabolical aptitude for striking any kind of really good deal. And they are in no way accountable to the fans, or give a shit about them. Numbers on their yearly report, nothing more.

How can Morton have their fans vote on a number of options and strip selected following the initial fans revolt and we are still waiting.

Warren Hawke, now a director at the hopeless and soapless, was on BBC Radio Scotland last weekend putting a positive pin on the story of how they now had fans voting in a local sports shop on their strip for next season while thanking a Mr Provan of PSL in Hillington for helping sort everything out.

Sigh.......

Bournemouth JD kit has been unveiled attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1464980028.398107.jpg

Always thought that strip would make a great away strip. I believe we did have a version in the nineties IIRC.

No doubt the powers that be today would deem it too similar to our usual home top as it has black stripes.

Maybe if we go for the pinstripe version as our home option dry.png , then it might be acceptable as an away strip.

I purchase a top most seasons but don't understand what the big rush is its not even the school holidays yet and would imagine the new strips will be out well before the school holidays. Probably down to end of season nothing much to debate on the forum.

The issue is that the likes of Falkirk managed a Puma strip launch probably three weeks ago now? The launch day at their stadium saw queues out the shop and down the car park. The kit is on sale at the Falkirk shop, at the Falkirk Stadium, where Falkirk fans can buy it, in the town of, erm, Grangemouth.

It appears Falkirk are liasing with their kit supplier for a co-ordinated early launch that has worked well.

Another issue is that if you go into a big sports shop you will see racks of the new Sellik taps, the new Barca taps, and a host of Euro 2016 participant taps.

Saints supporting kids see their pals running around in some sort of new kit and think 'Never mind, the deal with JD Sports is a great one for the BoD even if I'm now gagging for a new Messi or Ronaldo tap'....

It all smacks of apathy and not giving much of a fcuk. IMHO.

The issue is that the likes of Falkirk managed a Puma strip launch probably three weeks ago now?

They only started selling their season tickets this week. There was much gnashing of teeth about this lack of organisation.

Seems we're better at organising season ticket sales than them.

I'm certain that if the club did use "off the shelf" strips, then they'd be on sale now.

However, JD seem to be calling the shots.

If I was given the option of the JD deal, which finances 2 to 3 players wages, or strips released at the beginning of May, then it would be the first option without a doubt.

Ideally we'd have both, but there are clubs playing at a much higher level than us, who are also at the beck and call of JD.

They only started selling their season tickets this week. There was much gnashing of teeth about this lack of organisation.

Seems we're better at organising season ticket sales than them.

I'm certain that if the club did use "off the shelf" strips, then they'd be on sale now.

However, JD seem to be calling the shots.

If I was given the option of the JD deal, which finances 2 to 3 players wages, or strips released at the beginning of May, then it would be the first option without a doubt.

Ideally we'd have both, but there are clubs playing at a much higher level than us, who are also at the beck and call of JD.

i'm not saying Falkirk, or anyone, do everything better than St Mirren, but the JD deal is now, what, about six years down the line? Still suffering from problems they said would be sorted after the initial 'year one' of the deal? The poor fit quality, the poor kit launches, the lack of promotion, supply issues, many sizes being completely unavailable after the initial launch burst - try buying one for a Christmas present?...after the first week of launch all you get are a few Saints tops hidden behind racks of Man Utd and Chelsea ones in two of the three places we can buy them, none of those places being our own shop while other JD-supplied clubs do sell kit at their shops?

Sorry, bespoke design aside - a shite deal for St Mirren fans.

Edited by pozbaird

i'm not saying Falkirk, or anyone, do everything better than St Mirren, but the JD deal is now, what, about six years down the line? Still suffering from problems they said would be sorted after the initial 'year one' of the deal? The poor fit quality, the poor kit launches, the lack of promotion, supply issues, many sizes being completely unavailable after the initial launch burst - try buying one for a Christmas present?...after the first week of launch all you get are a few Saints tops hidden behind racks of Man Utd and Chelsea ones in two of the three places we can buy them, none of those places being our own shop while other JD-supplied clubs do sell kit at their shops?

Sorry, bespoke design aside - a shite deal for St Mirren fans.

In terms of strip delivery etc, it certainly is. I don't disagree with you on this matter.

However, in terms of finance it isn't.

The two or three players wages that are financed by this deal, could make the difference between an attempt at promotion, or not.

Of course having a competent manager capable of spending that money wisely seems to have eluded us since we signed the deal.thumbdown.gif

The issue is that the likes of Falkirk managed a Puma strip launch probably three weeks ago now? The launch day at their stadium saw queues out the shop and down the car park. The kit is on sale at the Falkirk shop, at the Falkirk Stadium, where Falkirk fans can buy it, in the town of, erm, Grangemouth.

It appears Falkirk are liasing with their kit supplier for a co-ordinated early launch that has worked well.

Another issue is that if you go into a big sports shop you will see racks of the new Sellik taps, the new Barca taps, and a host of Euro 2016 participant taps.

Saints supporting kids see their pals running around in some sort of new kit and think 'Never mind, the deal with JD Sports is a great one for the BoD even if I'm now gagging for a new Messi or Ronaldo tap'....

It all smacks of apathy and not giving much of a fcuk. IMHO.

if you are going to buy a strip you will buy one even if it is a few weeks later.

Can I just let you all know. The design for the forthcoming strips were done and giving to JD SPORTS in October. TF has been on to them to get the strip released. It's all down to JD. But there should be a announcement by next week. Hope you will be happy with the new strips.

anybody who is not happy with the strips (3) will be really hard to please