Season 16/17 Home & Away Kits

As others have said, if, indeed, that is our new kit, I like it a great deal.

It is difficult to come up with a variation on the classic stripes without making a monumental f**k up of it by trying to be too creative. I'm a great one for less is more (seemingly my wife doesn't agree on this, though she hasn't been around much in the evenings of late, so she might have changed her mind), and this ticks the required box.

Classic, uncluttered, understated, but different. Bravo!

Edited by Drew

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The person who posted it on FB was a Stephen Dickson who posted a vid on FB of his brother scoring a penalty at this years saint for a Day. Didnt f**kwit DICKSON say his son played in that game this year?   IS another member of the Dicko clan at the piss take ?

You might be on to something Miss Marple :P

2 hours ago, Scotia83 said:

If that is the new kit it's a belter , a change from our traditional design but for a 1 off change is good every now and again . Unfortunately a lot of folk cannot embrace change.

Shull's a taxi driver. He doesn't really do change.

I wouldn't put much store in that one being the real one. It is indeed my youngest son who is a rather talented graphic artist. Dunno why he's wasting his time with this stuff though.... He's got real stuff to get done. BTW he fooled me too. I saw it on Facebook this morning and failed to spot who had posted it

Can't understand anyone saying 'it isn't a St Mirren kit'. That'll mean the 'Blackburn Rovers' style half-white, half black kit, the 1987 cup final kit, the thin pinstripe 'Phoenix Honda' kit and going back in time, the 'Ajax' stripe kit.... none of them, and others, were St Mirren kits either? Cannot see any reason why we can't do something different every so often.

Hard to judge what it (if real) is really like from that invisible man image. The shorts look like sprayed-on ultra-tight lycra cycling numbers. Certainly the sponsor logo looks not too bad on it. Need to see it in a real life situation, worn by handsome basturts like John 'Humble Pie' Sutton.

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Can't understand anyone saying 'it isn't a St Mirren kit'. That'll mean the 'Blackburn Rovers' style half-white, half black kit, the 1987 cup final kit, the thin pinstripe 'Phoenix Honda' kit and going back in time, the 'Ajax' stripe kit.... none of them, and others, were St Mirren kits either? Cannot see any reason why we can't do something different every so often.

Hard to judge what it (if real) is really like from that invisible man image. The shorts look like sprayed-on ultra-tight lycra cycling numbers. Certainly the sponsor logo looks not too bad on it. Need to see it in a real life situation, worn by handsome basturts like John 'Humble Pie' Sutton.

Exactly. And all those all white 60's kits too, they definitely aren't St Mirren strips...

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/St_Mirren/St_Mirren.htm

Will also have the names of 1987 cup winning team on the new top according to JD.

"Show your support for Alex Rae and his team with this men's St Mirren FC 2016/17 Home Shirt from Carbrini. With it being the 30th Anniversary of the club winning the Scottish cup in 1987, this shirt pays homage to that success, and within the stripes of the shirt, it contains all the names of the cup winning St. Mirren team from that day. Featuring X-Tech technology that has been designed to keep the body cool and dry, even when the temperature is heating up at St Mirren Park. Complete with the club crest to the chest providing a final stamp of The Buddies pride"

3 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Nice to see our marketing dept have their finger on the pulse with a simultaneous launch of the kit on the O.S.

Technically it hasn't been launched yet, at least not officially. 

Edited by ulysses