Season 16/17 Home & Away Kits

8 minutes ago, ulysses said:

At least Shull will be happy.

Not at all.

Wanted both strips out for sale in April, so my child and other fans could get benefit of the incoming decent weather and the benefit of getting good value for money.

Unfortunately, JD Sports and St Mirren Football Club are f*cking useless .

Especially our Club who seem to make a cnut of everything they touch.

Hang your heads in shame those in charge at St Mirren who are/were responsible for this and many other disgraces.

Absolutely shocking from JD. As I understand it, the club don't get any money based on sales of the tops, it's a flat fee regardless. If that's true, Saints fans could refuse to buy them as a protest if/when they eventually do come out. That would make a point to JD without hurting the club financially.

Absolutely shocking from JD. As I understand it, the club don't get any money based on sales of the tops, it's a flat fee regardless. If that's true, Saints fans could refuse to buy them as a protest if/when they eventually do come out. That would make a point to JD without hurting the club financially.

Not entirely true for the contract i was involved with

1 minute ago, rea said:

What was true is that we cannot sell kits in our own club shop while other JD supplied clubs have deals that do allow it.

However, they supply the academy with gear and it is a good deal for the club, but unfortunately, shit for St Mirren fans.

What was true is that we cannot sell kits in our own club shop while other JD supplied clubs have deals that do allow it.

However, they supply the academy with gear and it is a good deal for the club, but unfortunately, shit for St Mirren fans.

That is the deal the previous owners wanted. Thats what they got. New owners lets see what they want to do

5 minutes ago, rea said:

That is the deal the previous owners wanted. Thats what they got. New owners lets see what they want to do

Indeed. Pretty sure it will be on Page 1 or 2, or 3 maybe, of their lengthy 'to do' list. Really no point in a bespoke design facility if the designs are handed over by fans in October 2015 and still not released as we head to September 2016. The season is in full swing, the summer is nearly over, adult Saints fans have had their holidays and kids are back at school.

Any word yet on WHY the kits aren't on sale and a date for them to be on sale still hasn't been announced?

Edited by pozbaird

Indeed. Pretty sure it will be on Page 1 or 2, or 3 maybe, of their lengthy 'to do' list. Really no point in a bespoke design facility if the designs are handed over by fans in October 2015 and still not released as we head to September 2016. The season is in full swing, the summer is nearly over, adult Saints fans have had their holidays and kids are back at school.

Any word yet on WHY the kits aren't on sale and a date for them to be on sale still hasn't been announced?

A sure fird way of making money for the Club should be top of the first page.

14 minutes ago, rea said:

A sure fird way of making money for the Club should be top of the first page.

Agree, and hopefully GLS/SMiSA will see the club's entire commercial operation, not just the kit supplier deal part, as being high on their list of items needing looked at. As I said on another thread though, I personally don't expect them to re-invent the wheel overnight. In specific regard to the kit supplier, do you know why a kit design handed over in September 2015 hasn't been released nearly into September 2016?

I didn't know for sure, wouldn't want to do anything to hurt the club financially, but if there was nothing to lose from not buying the strips it might make JD pick their suppliers more carefully and rethink the way they treat customers

Got a similar message on Facebook from the JD Sports page after messaging them: " Please accept my apologies. It seems that some incorrect information may have been given out in error concerning the St Mirrens kit release for this year. Please bear with us whilst we get official confirmation of the current status of the orders for this kit. We hope to have this first thing Monday morning. Thanks, Alex "

Agree, and hopefully GLS/SMiSA will see the club's entire commercial operation, not just the kit supplier deal part, as being high on their list of items needing looked at. As I said on another thread though, I personally don't expect them to re-invent the wheel overnight. In specific regard to the kit supplier, do you know why a kit design handed over in September 2015 hasn't been released nearly into September 2016?

Nope. Completely baffled

Guest TPAFKATS

So it's looking like at least Sept, if at all for the strips.
I understand that kids willing their parents and others to get the strip but ffs, who would buy it full price upon launch at least 2 months into the season.

Refuse to buy and it'll be half price for Christmas (if it's available)