Season 16/17 Home & Away Kits

Saw someone sharing a reply from Tony Fitzpatrick to an email and he said they were expecting the strips to go on sale by the end of this week.

Maybe Jade at JD Sports knew the club won't renew the contract and when she said they no longer had the contract and couldn't supply the kit she was 1 year out? #hereshoping

Everything I've heard suggests JD will retain the contract, as they provide the academy with gear that other suppliers won't. Interesting to see how this JD shitfest scenario actually plays out under new club ownership. Ditch JD and you are maybe looking at a new kit supplier, a new primary shirt sponsor, a new airdome sponsor, the removal of large amounts of JD stadium branding, and another way to kit out the academy.

I see no reason to ditch JD - if the new owners can re-negotiate the contract to see kits on sale at St Mirren Park, have a nailed-down kit launch date in the summer allowing St Mirren kits to be on sale far earlier, and an improvement in quality control and stock issues. If JD are either unwilling or unable to comply, then it isn't much of a 'retail partnership' and hopefully they are subsequently booted into touch.

its taken so long now that I'm giving it a swerve this year, me and the boy won't have saints tops to wear this season, thats 100 quid in lost revenue due to the incompetence of JD and the club. Why should fans buy a top that will be changed again in 8-9 months, How f**king hard is it to just bring a kit out every season on the first day of June, that way kids go out playing in it all summer. But i guess its the St Mirren way just now, everything done to a below average standard

1 hour ago, ronaldo said:

its taken so long now that I'm giving it a swerve this year, me and the boy won't have saints tops to wear this season, thats 100 quid in lost revenue due to the incompetence of JD and the club. Why should fans buy a top that will be changed again in 8-9 months, How f**king hard is it to just bring a kit out every season on the first day of June, that way kids go out playing in it all summer. But i guess its the St Mirren way just now, everything done to a below average standard

According to previous posts the club loses nothing if you do not buy strips for yourself and your son.

Was in Silverburn this afternoon so went into JD Sports there to ask about the strip. Here's exactly how it went..

Me to staff member (JD1): "Hi, wonder if you can help. Would you know when the new St Mirren strip will be on sale?"

JD1 to me: "Sorry, no, hold on 'til I ask someone".

JD1 to JD2: "The gentleman is asking about the new St Mirren strip, do you know when it's going on sale?"

JD2 to me: "Sorry, I don't know, hold on 'til I check the website".

Me to JD2: "The website will just say 'available to pre-order'. It's said that for ages. The St Mirren strips are only on sale in JD Sports in here, Braehead and Paisley, so as I was here anyway, wondered if the shop itself would know a date for it".

(Me, JD1 and JD2 are now looking at a monitor affixed to their 'pay here' counter. JD2 fires up the JD Sports website on it where it says 'available to pre-order' on the St Mirren page.)

JD2 to me: "Doesn't say on the website, just says 'available to pre-order".

(Me, internally to self): "I fcuking knew that and told you that already you daft chunt".

Me to JD2: "Aye, the website has been saying that for ages but St Mirren fans are having a hard time trying to find out when we can actually come into a JD Sports shop to buy a St Mirren shirt. That's what I wondered you might have heard in-store".

JD2 to me: "We have a 'release date' list upstairs in the office. Can you wait a minute and I'll go up and check?"

Me to JD2: "No problem, thanks for your help".

(I wait at the monitor on their pay desk while JD2 disappears... five minutes pass... I approach 'JD1' who is re-arranging racks of Sevco away jerseys..)

Me to JD1: "Excuse me, the guy in the blue shirt you spoke to was away upstairs to check on a release date for the St Mirren strips. Any chance you could buzz upstairs and see if he's had any joy? I need to head off and meet up with my wife. Thanks."

(JD1 speaks into a walkie-talkie type thing on the pay desk... JD2 replies, but he isn't upstairs, he approaches the till carrying Scotland shirts on clothes-hangers...)

JD2 to me: "Oh, sorry mate, I went up right after we spoke but there's no release date".

Me to JD2: "Didn't you think to tell me that when you came back down? I was standing at the desk here waiting for your answer!"

JD2 to me: "Sorry mate".

THE END.

A JD Sports Production.

Starring pozbaird as 'The St Mirren fan' - featuring JD1 and JD2 as 'the useless cnuts'.

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Was in Silverburn this afternoon so went into JD Sports there to ask about the strip. Here's exactly how it went..

Me to staff member (JD1): "Hi, wonder if you can help. Would you know when the new St Mirren strip will be on sale?"

JD1 to me: "Sorry, no, hold on 'til I ask someone".

JD1 to JD2: "The gentleman is asking about the new St Mirren strip, do you know when it's going on sale?"

JD2 to me: "Sorry, I don't know, hold on 'til I check the website".

Me to JD2: "The website will just say 'available to pre-order'. It's said that for ages. The St Mirren strips are only on sale in JD Sports in here, Braehead and Paisley, so as I was here anyway, wondered if the shop itself would know a date for it".

(Me, JD1 and JD2 are now looking at a monitor affixed to their 'pay here' counter. JD2 fires up the JD Sports website on it where it says 'available to pre-order' on the St Mirren page.)

JD2 to me: "Doesn't say on the website, just says 'available to pre-order".

(Me, internally to self): "I fcuking knew that and told you that already you daft chunt".

Me to JD2: "Aye, the website has been saying that for ages but St Mirren fans are having a hard time trying to find out when we can actually come into a JD Sports shop to buy a St Mirren shirt. That's what I wondered you might have heard in-store".

JD2 to me: "We have a 'release date' list upstairs in the office. Can you wait a minute and I'll go up and check?"

Me to JD2: "No problem, thanks for your help".

(I wait at the monitor on their pay desk while JD2 disappears... five minutes pass... I approach 'JD1' who is re-arranging racks of Sevco away jerseys..)

Me to JD1: "Excuse me, the guy in the blue shirt you spoke to was away upstairs to check on a release date for the St Mirren strips. Any chance you could buzz upstairs and see if he's had any joy? I need to head off and meet up with my wife. Thanks."

(JD1 speaks into a walkie-talkie type thing on the pay desk... JD2 replies, but he isn't upstairs, he approaches the till carrying Scotland shirts on clothes-hangers...)

JD2 to me: "Oh, sorry mate, I went up right after we spoke but there's no release date".

Me to JD2: "Didn't you think to tell me that when you came back down? I was standing at the desk here waiting for your answer!"

JD2 to me: "Sorry mate".

THE END.

A JD Sports Production.

Starring pozbaird as 'The St Mirren fan' - featuring JD1 and JD2 as 'the useless cnuts'.

Send it into EastEnders and give them a new storyline:rolleyes:

Poz, I tried the JD in the Paisley Centre yesterday and the staff told me that they expect it in this week, probably Thursday as that's when their delivery is due. They seemed a bit better in there than at Silverburn. 

Edited by ulysses

Just off the phone to JD in Braehead asking about the shirt release. I pre-ordered around 6 or 7 weeks ago in store and I'm away to Florida on Sunday, so said if they aren't out by the weekend I'll be cancelling the order and getting a refund on the shirt.

The lassie in store went and spoke to her boss and told me in no uncertain terms that the shirt will be in store for sale this Friday 26th.

In another display of how shambolic they are, they happily took £45 off me up front for the order but when I said on the phone I wish to cancel it in store, face to face on Friday (the same manner in which it was purchased) and get my money back if it didn't arrive, they informed me I could not physically hand over my receipt in store and get a refund. I'd have to do this through their online service and they'd refund my card in 7 working days. I paid the f**king thing in cash, though.

What a mob. The tops will be down to a tenner by the time we actually see them.

Edited by djchapsticks

Last month I saw some of last year's stock with big reductions in their sale. I ordered the St Mirren track top and rain jacket both down to £15 each and arranged to collect them from the Paisley Centre store. Put the order in a few days before I went on holiday thinking that in this day and age I'd have them before I went on holiday. The night before I was leaving for my holidays I tried the Paisley Centre and Braehead. It turned out that all St Mirren items had been withdrawn from the local stores to be sent to the warehouse in Bury and it took the best part of a week between placing the order, JD checking they still had the items in the warehouse and them delivering it to Paisley. 

By this point the League Cup groups were underway and I had a bit of a chat with some of the staff about the fact that in Braehead there was not 1 single St Mirren item was available to buy in store after the season had begun (not even of the sale items from last season). The only Scottish tops for sale were the Celtic top and Scotland home and away, plus the likes of Wales, Republic of Ireland, England, Barcelona, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City. The staff seemed to agree that with JD being the kit supplier and main sponsor we should be expecting better from them. They had no idea at that time when the home strip would go on sale.

13 minutes ago, rea said:

Simply not true

If the club make more money the more kits that are sold, why did the old BoD make it even harder for fans to buy the kits by wanting a deal that didn't allow the kits to be sold at the very place 3,000 or so St Mirren fans gather every second Saturday?

Nuts. Just absolutely fcuking mental.