Season 16/17 Home & Away Kits

34 minutes ago, smcc said:

Time the club grow a set.

Another pathetic statement that doesn't even attempt to explain delay, offer an apology, criticise JD or acknowledge that the situation is unacceptable. Just more of the same, meh. 

If the club genuinely can't get any sense out of JD, they are being walked all over. And quite frankly they deserve it if they don't have the bottle to do anything about it.

Edited by civilsaint

The saddest thing about this utter cluster f**k is that for the first time in 3 years, I would have bought the shirt as I have so many fond memories of that great day in 87. This is a shirt to keep, not your usual wear it for a season and then resign it to a bottom drawer for eternity number. I absolutely applaud everyone who was involved in the design of this year's kits. They look superb (Shull is just a fanny. Ignore him), but you have been massively let down.
Please GLS and Fitz, this year, lay it on the table with these f**king idiots and negotiate a deal that suits both the club and the fans. The notion that you cannot by your own club's strip in your own club's shop is utterly, utterly ridiculous. I've worked in marketing. I understand exclusivity rights , but this deal is detrimental to both parties. I wouldn't buy a thing from JD now after three years of the most atrocious customer service I've ever come across. They can ram it. As this year's tops are a keeper, I'll happily wait until they cost a fiver each and then buy them. Until then, I'll wear my superb retro top I bought from the Toffs website with next day delivery. It arrived the next day as promised. Money well spent.

28 minutes ago, spoogy1 said:

I don't believe that we should pay full price for the new tops, we should all pay half price for them as a gesture off goodwill from jd as it's there f**k up. What do others think about this?

Each to their own, but seeing as how the 'exclusivity' deal seems to involve JD Sports wanting our footfall and the old BoD not giving much of a fcuk, I've simply decided to buy absolutely nothing from JD Sports, including St Mirren shirts...my footfall goes elsewhere. They promised the fcuk-ups would be addressed way back into 'year 2' of their deal. They are simply proving to be unreliable, unbelieveable, and unprofessional.

Edited by pozbaird

12 hours ago, Herbie said:

The saddest thing about this utter cluster f**k is that for the first time in 3 years, I would have bought the shirt as I have so many fond memories of that great day in 87. This is a shirt to keep, not your usual wear it for a season and then resign it to a bottom drawer for eternity number. I absolutely applaud everyone who was involved in the design of this year's kits. They look superb (Shull is just a fanny. Ignore him), but you have been massively let down.
Please GLS and Fitz, this year, lay it on the table with these f**king idiots and negotiate a deal that suits both the club and the fans. The notion that you cannot by your own club's strip in your own club's shop is utterly, utterly ridiculous. I've worked in marketing. I understand exclusivity rights , but this deal is detrimental to both parties. I wouldn't buy a thing from JD now after three years of the most atrocious customer service I've ever come across. They can ram it. As this year's tops are a keeper, I'll happily wait until they cost a fiver each and then buy them. Until then, I'll wear my superb retro top I bought from the Toffs website with next day delivery. It arrived the next day as promised. Money well spent.

The bit in bold is an excellent point. The argument is JD want exclusivity so more folk will go into their shops, however I'd imagine they've alienated pretty much every Saints fan from shopping there for non-Saints stuff.

We keep being told it's a great deal for the club. There surely has to be a cost/benefit analysis (or whatever the management jargon is this month) to see if that is really the case. Is a bit more money worth it given the woeful service being offered to fans? Would it be worth more to go with someone else, even if it meant badging stock kits to sell in our own shop and sell the shirt sponsorship ourselves? Other clubs of similar size do this and it seems to work for them, even if they do have to work something out to give to the academy players.

Just phoned and cancelled the shirt - pre-ordered on 3rd of July at 13:21 as per the receipt and paid up front in cash.....only to be told to my surprise that the order was already cancelled on 3rd July at 13:30 due to no stock availability.....isn't that offset by the fact that it's a pre-order?!

Didn't even receive an e-mail or phone call from these diddies to tell me that the order was cancelled and instead they've happily sat on my £45 for the last 7 weeks. Was even offered 10% off my next order and a free £10 gift card as an apology and they were told to ram both as I have no interest in giving them any sort of business in the future.

It's all well and good saying St. Mirren aren't responsible for this shambles but they entered this contract with JD and ultimately it IS their responsibility to their support.

Edited by djchapsticks

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 10:18 PM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

You've been dying to post that for months and spotted your opportunity?

what opportunity ,the 1 that says the majority if not all supporters are pissed of no end about continuing shambolic treatment by clubs main sponsor,and anyone who can say or do anything say and do nothing as its only the fans that it effects,thats not opportunity dibbles its the truth