Season 16/17 Home & Away Kits

And still those who run SMFC say nothing. No apology, no criticism of JD, no explanation, no promise to pursue, no explanation of mitigation. Nothing. 

It is quite frankly unbelievable how bad SMFC's PR and fan engagement is. Supporters are simply an inconvenience it would appear.

Edited by civilsaint

Oh look, our Highland colleagues in Inverness are more switched on and engaged;

Today:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC appreciate that the situation has long since passed the point of frustration and the last thing fans want to hear is another apology. We can confirm that discussions are still ongoing and we are bitterly disappointed at the situation with in-store deliveries, despite receiving repeated assurances from JD.

2nd Sept:

During a meeting with JD Sports representatives earlier this week we once again expressed our serious displeasure at the level of service provided to the club and just as importantly our supporters."

"Whilst we appreciate they (JD) have experienced some disruption during transportation etc it does not excuse the length of time it has taken them to conclude their contractual obligations."

"The service we have received this season in terms of kit delivery for training/playing kit and replica kit has been frustrating for us all. The club are now reviewing its position with JD Sports and discussions are ongoing."

Edited by civilsaint

I hope the fan council the smisa reps go into club 2morrow and kick some stones, this is a disgrace to the highest order it is a shambles how fans are being treated and what do the club do nothing there sitting back and letting Jd sport dictate to them instead off going and kicking balls for the fans

15 minutes ago, spoogy1 said:

I hope the fan council the smisa reps go into club 2morrow and kick some stones, this is a disgrace to the highest order it is a shambles how fans are being treated and what do the club do nothing there sitting back and letting Jd sport dictate to them instead off going and kicking balls for the fans

The club have have had contact from SMiSA regarding this shambles. It is a very lucrative contract with JD apparently, but decisions now need to be made on whether it's worth enough to sign a new deal with them for next season, given that  the customers buying this product are being let down in a big way and those customers are the clubs biggest customers.

We have all stated our displeasure and it is now down to the club to make a decision.

If club do sign new deal it should state tops out by end of June mid July latest and any manufacturing faults then that is a breach of contract with what the club wants for there supporters then jd must stump up compo or terminate contract. Only my opinion but some fans might agree some might not would like to know what others think about that idea and see if a good majority think it's ok then probably get smisa rep to take it to the board.

Thank f**k I cancelled my order with this mob a couple of weeks ago and got my money back. 

This is the standard set by a f**king national chain of sports shops. How they haven't been in serious financial trouble with such mismanagement is beyond me. 

The club must stand up for the fans and be more transparent in what exactly it's doing in this situation. Inverness are on the cusp of telling JD to get tae, our board's statements seem more shit scared to get off the fence and flat out condemn these diddies in case we upset them and lose out financially. 

I've decided against any shirts this year and doubtful I will again if you need to wait this long to get a shirt. As well as this I bet they will have a limited number of sizes once the consignment is done- as has happened a few times. It's time for the club to start comminicating with the fans and consider whether having JD as kit suppliers is actually any good. Apart from the money they have given and the Wendy house?

10 hours ago, buddiecat said:

The club have have had contact from SMiSA regarding this shambles. It is a very lucrative contract with JD apparently, but decisions now need to be made on whether it's worth enough to sign a new deal with them for next season, given that  the customers buying this product are being let down in a big way and those customers are the clubs biggest customers.

We have all stated our displeasure and it is now down to the club to make a decision.

Aye, they kit out the youth teams (have they got their strips yet?), we get it. However, I'm sure it's not a straight choice between loadsa money and crap service or sod all money and good service.

Perhaps our chief executive could make contact with a few other clubs to see how their deals work? Not the specific finances but more whether they feel it's worth their while badging up Nike kits or using Joma or whatever.

I went in at lunch to pick up my top only to be told because I pre ordered online I have to wait until I receive an email telling me it's ready to be picked up and these ones aren't in yet.

Despite the fact the size I ordered is in the shop I have to wait until the specific one I ordered is in.

What an utter shambles JD are. Surely the point of pre ordering something is to ensure you get it before the general sale.

Tbf it isn't the fault of the staff in the shop and the guy I spoke to is trying to sort it out but JD are pathetic.

I went back into the shop on the way home and the manager, after speaking with customer services, got my order cancelled so I could take one of the ones they had in store.  The guy was very understanding of the crap situation for the fans and all in all I received pretty good service, it's just a pity the rest of JD can't seem to manage that.

For anyone who has ordered online and not cancelled it yet they said the rest of the stock should be in before the game on Saturday but I would still take that with a pinch of salt.

Edited by Capitão