Season 16/17 Home & Away Kits

St Mirren are now the only professional club in Britain not have launched their new strip for the forthcoming season.

Carbrini and the fans council are lazy nincompoops.

They shold bring back the dollybirds parading the new strips at the player of the year dance instead of keeping the fans waiting this ridiculous length of time.

What's it got to do with the fans council. The strips were picked out in October. Your lack of facts makes you look like a idiot. I'm sure your not. It's down to JD sports and no one else. Email JD and complain. But your remark about the Fans Council is not valid.

What's it got to do with the fans council. The strips were picked out in October. Your lack of facts makes you look like a idiot. I'm sure your not. It's down to JD sports and no one else. Email JD and complain. But your remark about the Fans Council is not valid.

Arguing with a troll...........................1eye.gif

Surely it should be down to the board of directors and the commercial side of a football club to tell their kit supplier when THEY want THEIR club kits ready to go onsale?

Couldn't be that they don't give a fcuk, could it?

Surely it should be down to the board of directors and the commercial side of a football club to tell their kit supplier when THEY want THEIR club kits ready to go onsale?

Couldn't be that they don't give a fcuk, could it?

Quite possibly Paul, But absolutely nothing to do with the fans council, which was implied,

Edited by santaponsasaint

It will be august at this rate. What has went wrong this season? A photoshoot weeks/month in advance is what is needed! Hope under our fans ownership we can get an equally or better financial deal with another supplier that doesnt mess us around. We must lose a lot of revenue every season through this.

It's almost like this is a shock to people. The exact same thing happened last season. JD are a basket case and are pish at this.

As has been said above, no kit doesn't affect St Mirren financially, only JD. It'll be here at some point but as it stands it doesn't cost us any money.

Hopefully one of the first ideas implemented by the new board, though, is to get St Mirren back on board with AWP and have control over our own merchandise in terms of release dates and distribution as soon as the JD contract runs out. Regardless of the money involved they have provided nothing but a sub standard service over the course of the six years we've been with them and service to the club's support should take precedence over a short term financial gain if that gain will hinder us in the long run.

As GLS said the other day in terms of sponsorship, we should now be looking at what we as a club can GIVE to sponsors as well as the money we take to build a stronger rapport with said businesses. This should also work the other way and as a club we should and surely will be looking at what JD give to us aside from the cheque. If we are looking at treating local businesses better as a club, then we will have to insist we are treated better as a club by those we place our faith on to provide services.

Edited by djchapsticks

The gist I got from Tony Fitz was that the JD deal is very good for the club, in terms of providing kit, balls, etc. to the youth teams right through to the first team. This, along with the 'up front' fee (which isn't dependant on sales) makes it a good deal for the club.

But, the supporters do suffer due to JD being shite at what they do. Not talking about the late release here, but more in terms of manufacturing/ordering problems.

I can see St Mirren sticking with JD, but I can also see Fitzy being a lot more involved in the conditions of the deal, in terms of dates/quality/availability. I'd like to think so anyway.

It's almost like this is a shock to people. The exact same thing happened last season. JD are a basket case and are pish at this.

As has been said above, no kit doesn't affect St Mirren financially, only JD. It'll be here at some point but as it stands it doesn't cost us any money.

Hopefully one of the first ideas implemented by the new board, though, is to get St Mirren back on board with AWP and have control over our own merchandise in terms of release dates and distribution as soon as the JD contract runs out. Regardless of the money involved they have provided nothing but a sub standard service over the course of the six years we've been with them and service to the club's support should take precedence over a short term financial gain if that gain will hinder us in the long run.

As GLS said the other day in terms of sponsorship, we should now be looking at what we as a club can GIVE to sponsors as well as the money we take to build a stronger rapport with said businesses. This should also work the other way and as a club we should and surely will be looking at what JD give to us aside from the cheque. If we are looking at treating local businesses better as a club, then we will have to insist we are treated better as a club by those we place our faith on to provide services.

I just see it as a fuss about nothing the strip will be out before the school holidays. If St Mirren are making a finacial sound deal which seems to be the case then what's the problem it's not as if a picture of the strip has been shown and not available. Patcence it will be out soon.

The Strips should be out for the Easter holidays, never mind the Summer yins.

Decent weather kicks in early April.

Our Season ended at the beginning of May or was it when Murray was appointit?

I just see it as a fuss about nothing the strip will be out before the school holidays. If St Mirren are making a finacial sound deal which seems to be the case then what's the problem it's not as if a picture of the strip has been shown and not available. Patcence it will be out soon.

I agree. I have no qualms over the delay of the kit. I do think that JD have provided a sub standard service albeit for a better financial return and that is something the new board will have to weigh the pros and cons of.

The Strips should be out for the Easter holidays, never mind the Summer yins.

Decent weather kicks in early April.

Our Season ended at the beginning of May or was it when Murray was appointit?

So you propose new kits to be released for next season whilst the previous season is still going on?

No club anywhere does this. Some may play in it at the very last game of the season but even then, that's rare.

I always remember as a kid going for the new kits when the pre season games kicked off. I don't think mid June is particularly late, I do think the service and lack of facilities to buy kits at the ground is a major downside to JD.

The Team wouldn't wear them till pre season but the children and others would get the benefit of wearing them in April just as the decent weather is kicking in.

Disnae matter if nobody else does it.

Let's be first and original.

Edited by shull

Just had a wee look at the websites of three clubs down south I can think of that use JD:

Bournemouth - images of kit released, available for pre-order

Walsall - Kit being launched on July 5

Morecambe - No mention of it

So at least we're not alone!

I spoke to Tony Fitz this morning and on the new kits the club is entirely in the hands of JD as to when they can release the marketing images and sale details.

The official photoshoot was done earlier this week but whilst they are desperate to get the stuff out there they are contractually obliged to work to JD's schedule.

I made the rather obvious point about potential sales being lost, kids, holidays etc and as you might expect Tony was sympathetic but the way the deal is structured it's all down to JD.

As I've said before, it's by all accounts a superb deal for the club but it's a nightmare for the supporters.

I spoke to Tony Fitz this morning and on the new kits the club is entirely in the hands of JD as to when they can release the marketing images and sale details.

The official photoshoot was done earlier this week but whilst they are desperate to get the stuff out there they are contractually obliged to work to JD's schedule.

I made the rather obvious point about potential sales being lost, kids, holidays etc and as you might expect Tony was sympathetic but the way the deal is structured it's all down to JD.

As I've said before, it's by all accounts a superb deal for the club but it's a nightmare for the supporters.

It may well be a superb deal for the club, as not only are JD the kit supplier, they are the primary shirt sponsor and have stadium branding in place too. Indeed, the two big stand gable end circle graphics are huge JD adverts, and every HoF panel is a JD advert, further rendering the three-and-a-half years failure to produce the required new panel even more puzzling as JD would get even more advertising out of it being printed and stuck up. They also have graphic sponsorship on the airdome.

So, the JD deal combines multiple aspects. The question being, if we had a kit deal with (let's say) Aberdeen-esque Adidas, had a shirt sponsorship deal with (let's say) Infiniti Cars, had the stadium splattered with (let's say) Braehead artwork, the airdome had (let's say) Easyjet orange all over it, and the HoF panels were instead sponsored by local companies - all getting their logos and messages over the existing JD ones.... Then combined, how much would that bring in. That's five deals available to sell - kit supplier, primary shirt sponsor, stadium graphics, airdome, HoF panels.

Depends who you talk to, how 'superb' the JD deal is when compared to what has been offered in the past by separate kit manufacturers and primary shirt sponsors. Undoubtably, handing the whole shooting match to JD and letting them do everything has been a very attractive deal for the outgoing BoD.

However, we were promised that after the FIRST year of the JD deal, issues would be ironed out (just like their sleeve graphics then), but the issues just continue. What fans are left with is an inital launch burst of activity, followed by supply problems, quality problems, and forced into travelling to three shopping centres to find a rag-tag selection of Saints shirts hidden behind racks of Man Utd, Celtic, Chelsea and Sevco shirts. Superb deal!

As an aside - are Bournemouth, Morecambe and Walsall kits on sale at their stadiums? As another aside, the footfall JD get by St Mirren fans having to travel to their stores is being lost by the folk trying to make a go of the rest of our merchandising.

Edited by pozbaird