Season 16/17 Home & Away Kits

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Awww how cute that you're swashbuckling in to his rescue. Young love, eh? :lol:

Though I don't think he's asking to be rescued, champ. He takes the slagging a hell of a lot better than you, ya touchy wee soul. 

:lol::lol::lol:

I heard you like people who "take it"......................:P

Edited by faraway saint

16 hours ago, Big Jake said:

Decent looking top even with the sponsor. Don't think that type of sponsor goes with thick stripes.

Would love it to be worn every week with the black shorts though. Much more professional looking imo. White shorts don't look as if they are park of the set.

Very much the look of a Germany strip wins v Real Madrid strip for me.

Ach dry yer eyes. They don"t make them in your "shape" anyway. :P

It's a strip that St Mirren will be wearing , but it's not a "St Mirren strip " ! Reminds me of the Cup win , but also of all the wrong things. Like Peter Mackie , Jim Rooney and the 0-5 lie down etc !

14 minutes ago, billyg said:

It's a strip that St Mirren will be wearing , but it's not a "St Mirren strip " ! Reminds me of the Cup win , but also of all the wrong things. Like Peter Mackie , Jim Rooney and the 0-5 lie down etc !

I happen to agree that a St.Mirren strip should be bold black and white stripes, but we did have a period in the 60's, as previously mentioned, where the current strip design was predominant, and as such it is a St.Mirren strip, albeit an occasional design in the big scheme of things. I don't really mind a year of this type of strip, but next season it would be prudent to go back to the traditional stripes.

Maybe next season we could do what the soapdodgers did and get the fans to choose from a couple of designs. Oh what carnage could unfold on here if we adopt that idea.:lol:

Also, if you associate that one strip with "all of the wrong things" , I wouldn't think too much about the disasters that have been presided over in the black and white striped version of our strip.

That would be enough to send you to a mental health ward for a lengthy spell of time.:lol:

Edited by FTOF

2 hours ago, jazza said:

One thing you have to hand to JD is that they are one of the only kit manufacturers we have had in recent years that haven't just followed an in-house template and just shoved a badge on it. 

Their biggest plus point by a country mile. If you could marry their bespoke design service with a re-negotiated deal whereby an earlier release date for our kits is agreed, quality control issues are improved, and kit is allowed to be sold in our club shop too - like the other JD supplied clubs... then you would have a 'superb deal for the fans', and not just a 'superb deal for the club'.

I can only imagine the complexity of negotiations about to be undertaken in the Brexit affair and how deep they must go. Surely, in the grand scheme of things, it cannot be too difficult to get some strips on sale eight weeks earlier than at present, make sure there are enough of them and they fit over your napper, and, as other clubs do, sell them at the club in question. Surely, that could be achieved - the will to achieve it needs to be there though. That's the crux of the matter. 

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Their biggest plus point by a country mile. If you could marry their bespoke design service with a re-negotiated deal whereby an earlier release date for our kits is agreed, quality control issues are improved, and kit is allowed to be sold in our club shop too - like the other JD supplied clubs... then you would have a truly 'superb deal for the fans', and not just a 'superb deal for the club'.

I can only imagine the complexity of negotiations about to be undertaken in the Brexit affair and how deep they must go. Surely it cannot be too difficult to get some strips on sale eight weeks earlier than at present, make sure there are enough of them and theu fit over your napper, and, as other clubs do, sell them at the club in question. Surely, that could be achieved - the will to achieve it needs to be there though. That's the crux of the matter. 

I cannot believe that JD's think I'm going to order a shirt online, walk into their store and suddenly be attracted to a cellic or the rangers top or a pair of trainers that I had no previous intentions of buying so I don't see why they want exclusivity on our kits. Yes. Definitely sell them in store but, given it's only the company that gains/loses on shirt sales, surely it makes sense to increase the number of outlets they can be sold. It may be that the shop would be looking for a small fee for selling but I would think Saints could take a small hit to accommodate this. If for nothing else, for the positivity it would generate with their support.

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I cannot believe that JD's think I'm going to order a shirt online, walk into their store and suddenly be attracted to a cellic or the rangers top or a pair of trainers that I had no previous intentions of buying so I don't see why they want exclusivity on our kits. Yes. Definitely sell them in store but, given it's only the company that gains/loses on shirt sales, surely it makes sense to increase the number of outlets they can be sold. It may be that the shop would be looking for a small fee for selling but I would think Saints could take a small hit to accommodate this. If for nothing else, for the positivity it would generate with their support.

The footfall into JDs stores is clearly something they want. I completely get that. The fact that the St Mirren BoD could then just hand the entire shooting match over to JD was clearly something the BoD wanted. AWP would have taken the risk in previous deals such as Hummel, and if he got it wrong, then the sales racks would come out to punt over-stocked and un-sold merchandise.   The JD deal saw all of that pass to them. The club merchandising was a shambles. Then when we get to a final they need to call AWP to ride back wearing a temporary Sheriff hat and sort it out? 

Anyway - for me, as a St Mirren supporter, if the other JD supplied clubs can sell kit in their club shops, there should be absolutely no reason why we cannot point to that and re-wire the deal a bit that REA set up back in the day. It is clearly more than a kit deal - main shirt sponsorship, airdome sponsorship, stadium branding, and advertising on the never-to-be-updated HoF panels. JD sports are a major partner of the club. I want to see that partnership receive something of a proverbial kick up the arse.

i love the cup tribute kits, but i hate the JD sports logo.  I know we're pretty firmly in bed with them at the moment, but the size, shape of the sponsor is too much.  Its basically a double-sized sponsor...the fact it's in a shield detracts from our badge.  How many other sponsors get a slogan as well?  It should just be JD sports...by itself, even if it was a bit bigger, or designe din such a way not to be in the shield.  The sponsor should never be more prominent than the team and that really is the case over the past couple of years.